Worst Tourney Ruling Ever?

So I'm in a live tournament yesterday, about 120 people and it's a $40 + rebuys for the first two hours. The structure was great, levels were all 30mins and left room for a lot of play.Fast forward 6hrs after we start. Down to about 30 people or so, I'm in the bb with 1010. A new guy had just got seated to my left right as this hand was dealt (he got dealt in).UTG+1 apparently didn't realize this and he called. next guy calls, folds to button and sb who both call and I see that utg didn't act. I tell him that he can still call/raise/fold since he's supposed to be first to act. He calls the blind and since everyone else made their calls, it's back to me and I announce a raise. Instantly the whole table gets on my case saying I can't do that because I waited until utg called before I announced my raise. They said it was bullshit and called shennanigans, etc.. I basically told them they have no clue and that I'm still last to act, regardless. Ruling came down that I had to just check and see the flop... wtf? They obviously weren't too strong and wanted to see a cheap flop and it was basically 9 against 1.Flop was AKx and I just check/folded and someone with ace rag ended up winning the pot. Worst ruling ever or has someone seen something similiar to this?

Another thing about this that bugged me was that there was a "set ending time" for when the tournament was done. Apparently they had to stop at 11:30 either because it was a charity event or because the hall rental, I have no idea. So when we were down to 15 or so, they started raising blinds every 5mins to try to get people to go out. Last hand was dealt at 11:30 and then depending on what place you were in chips is what place $ you took. I was 5th with 45,900 so I took 5th place money. Didn't like this because if blinds were to have stayed at 1500/3k like they were, I had a good shot at taking it down because I def had an edge over the guys at my table.

UTG+1 hand is dead since there was action behind him.
Sort of. I believe according to Robert's Rules it's 3 people have acted behind him and he did nothing to stop it. But yes, his hand should be dead. And it's UTG's hand that's dead (the new guy) not UTG+1.
Was this at the Bike?Because the Bike sucks.
"it was a charity event or because the hall rental"
So I'm in a live tournament yesterday, about 120 people and it's a $40 + rebuys for the first two hours. The structure was great, levels were all 30mins and left room for a lot of play.Fast forward 6hrs after we start. Down to about 30 people or so, I'm in the bb with 1010. A new guy had just got seated to my left right as this hand was dealt (he got dealt in).UTG+1 apparently didn't realize this and he called. next guy calls, folds to button and sb who both call and I see that utg didn't act. I tell him that he can still call/raise/fold since he's supposed to be first to act. He calls the blind and since everyone else made their calls, it's back to me and I announce a raise.
Since the UTG player hadn't acted, the dealer and all of the players at the table were clueless. Plus, A player being seated at a new table cannot come in as the small blind as you say that he did. The person seating him, the dealer, and the players should have known better (assuming any of them know the rules for the game).Also, since the UTG player just called after being given the option, I'm under the impression that this does not reopen the action to the players that had already acted. If he had raised, that would have changed things. Worst tourney ruling ever? Not even close.
"it was a charity event or because the hall rental" Plus, A player being seated at a new table cannot come in as the small blind as you say that he did. The person seating him, the dealer, and the players should have known better (assuming any of them know the rules for the game).
he was in the BB and the new player was to his left....UTG, not sb.that is all
"it was a charity event or because the hall rental"Since the UTG player hadn't acted, the dealer and all of the players at the table were clueless. Plus, A player being seated at a new table cannot come in as the small blind as you say that he did. The person seating him, the dealer, and the players should have known better (assuming any of them know the rules for the game).Also, since the UTG player just called after being given the option, I'm under the impression that this does not reopen the action to the players that had already acted. If he had raised, that would have changed things. Worst tourney ruling ever? Not even close.
like sandwiches said, the new player came in UTG. I was in bb and I had not yet acted.
Since the UTG player hadn't acted, the dealer and all of the players at the table were clueless. Plus, A player being seated at a new table cannot come in as the small blind as you say that he did. The person seating him, the dealer, and the players should have known better (assuming any of them know the rules for the game).Also, since the UTG player just called after being given the option, I'm under the impression that this does not reopen the action to the players that had already acted. If he had raised, that would have changed things. Worst tourney ruling ever? Not even close.
The complete lack of reading comprehension displayed here is utterly mind blowing.
he was in the BB and the new player was to his left....UTG, not sb.that is all
I got it. When he said, "A new guy had just got seated to my left right as this hand was dealt" I skimmed over it and "right" jumped out at me.
  • 2 weeks later...