Not So Much Racist As Painfully Unfunny.

So I've taken a long break from FCP, due to things of a rather personal nature. I come back, and I find out rather cryptically that Smasharoo is a fraud ( I'd love to see a link to the thread where this is discussed/proven. Has marion weighed in on this?) Better still, I come back to a new video blog, and wow, was it funny ( in a very unintentional kind of way. Unintentional, ironic humor is my favorite kind). I know, there have proably been 1 jillion posts about this horrific attempt at humor, and I'm starting a brand new thread about it, but I don't care. I'm a nassisist, and haven't posted in months, so you're taking this thread and liking it. Not if I can help it. Several months ago, when DN posted his clip of his "comedy" routine from the party poker cruise, I made a comment to the effect of " wow, i thought unfunny, borderline racist impressionistic comedy went out with Rich Little." Well, DN has Smashed through the bordorline, and right into classic racist imagry (though po-mo'd up a bit with the jamacian twist). I'm not sure if these racial impressions DN does all the time, on blogs and on TV, are racist or not, but what they are not is funny. They make me cringe. They make me howl with the type of laughter that I can only muster when I see something horrifically embaressing. Each time I see DN say something, be it gangester, various asian players, or now a jamacian, I literally can't believe what a fool he's made of himself. Now, I don't know DN. I only know him from TV and what he posts in blogs and in posts. He seems like a nice guy, and I have no doubt he has no racial hatred. But if you want to be a multi-media star, you just CAN"T keep dropping these offensive "jokes" and impressions. You can rail against the "PC" country all you want, but eventually this type of thing will cost you endoursements. I persoanlly don't think they make you come accross as a racist, but I'm a white male so i'm a poor one to ask. What I do think they make you come across is a grade-A doosh (something I'm better qualified to judge on). Please, don't do any more impressions until you can make one that makes me laugh unironically. What does this mean?
I found this post painfully difficult to read, with it's continued bastardization of the written english language. I have a solution for all parties concerned. You (BigDMcGee) learn how to communicate at a level where "we" can take your comments seriously and Daniel can rate his vlogs PG13 "Not suitable for overly sensitive viewers!"
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please don't make any more posts until you Know Your Fuckin Role!!!

Black face is never funny. I didn't watch the whole thing because I found it offensive. Maybe Daniel (who is one of my favorite poker players) doesn't understand the history of black face and how de

"Cant we all just get along?" Get over it guys...just a little humor not intented to offend. Daniel is not a racist. If you dont think its funny..dont laugh and dont watch it anymore. Chappelle does white face, so does the Wayans brothers and Eddie Murphy...Im not offended and some of it is funny, some of it is not, but who cares? They should be able to express themselves as artists and so should Daniel. Wake up people!

uncomfortable. I like DN a lot, but to me it seems hes in a weird place right now, like he has some serious issues that he is dealing with maybe. I thought the last blog he did, with the whole PC warning was weird.
are you his therapist now?seriously guys....if you dont like the blogs...WHY READ THEM?just because you post here doesnt mean you HAVE to read the blog
I found this post painfully difficult to read, with it's continued bastardization of the written english language. I have a solution for all parties concerned. You (BigDMcGee) learn how to communicate at a level where "we" can take your comments seriously and Daniel can rate his vlogs PG13 "Not suitable for overly sensitive viewers!"
Yawn. Aethetics over content, i'm so tired of this conversation I could cry. Add something to the discussion, or fuk straight off.
Yawn. Aethetics over content, i'm so tired of this conversation I could cry. Add something to the discussion, or fuk straight off.
dont knock it..the translation is "you made such a good point, and i'm not smart enough to comment on it, so i'll see if while typing, u missed some basic grammar that doesn't take away from the meaning or understanding of your post anyway, and criticize that, because i'm such a scholar"lol..
dont knock it..the translation is "you made such a good point, and i'm not smart enough to comment on it, so i'll see if while typing, u missed some basic grammar that doesn't take away from the meaning or understanding of your post anyway, and criticize that, because i'm such a scholar"lol..
No it actually means, damn you're pathetic and your grammar sucks as well. Get a life, and find another forum.Oh yeah, also take a few 'conversational english' night classes. It couldn't hurt.
No it actually means, damn you're pathetic and your grammar sucks as well. Get a life, and find another forum.Oh yeah, also take a few 'conversational english' night classes. It couldn't hurt.
hmmm "get a life and find another forum" Is that intentionally ironic, or are you really that big of douchbag?.

Black face is never funny. I didn't watch the whole thing because I found it offensive. Maybe Daniel (who is one of my favorite poker players) doesn't understand the history of black face and how degrading it really is. I don't think he is a racist (just because of this), but I do think making this type of video and putting it on the internet is not really smart.Just one Black woman's perspective.

• Like 1
Black face is never funny. I didn't watch the whole thing because I found it offensive. Maybe Daniel (who is one of my favorite poker players) doesn't understand the history of black face and how degrading it really is. I don't think he is a racist (just because of this), but I do think making this type of video and putting it on the internet is not really smart.Just one Black woman's perspective.
It was daniel's argument in defense of this that only white people found it offensive and that he polled like 5 black people before he posted the blog, and they all thought it was funny. He really is naive in issues of race I think. And also a terrible comedian.

BigD is 100% correct on this. Who gives two shi*s about grammer in a forum such as this? Had DN completed high school and not lived with his mommy until the age of 28 he would have developed the necessary social skills to realize that this sort of BS is unacceptable; political correctness aside. DN is a ******, end of story.

uncomfortable. I like DN a lot, but to me it seems hes in a weird place right now, like he has some serious issues that he is dealing with maybe. I thought the last blog he did, with the whole PC warning was weird.
He is probably torn about coming out of the closet.....
BigD is 100% correct on this. Who gives two shi*s about grammer in a forum such as this? Had DN completed high school and not lived with his mommy until the age of 28 he would have developed the necessary social skills to realize that this sort of BS is unacceptable; political correctness aside. DN is a ******, end of story.
Okay, I think that's rather harsh and uncalled for, along with the closet crack.
No, but some of us did. So....feel free to bite it bean bag.
bean bag? Is that some obscure homoerotic insult i'm not familiar with? it almost would have to be homoerotic, since 1/2 your posts are about homosexuality.

I found it ok. I laughed , it entertained me for a moment. I've seen other videos online than wasted my time. This one didn't make me regret watching it. It wasn't hillarious but it was an attenmpt by a non comedian, could you do better, maybe, but you don't so back off.I say keep it up and do more, I though his mother was hillarious.

bean bag? Is that some obscure homoerotic insult i'm not familiar with? it almost would have to be homoerotic, since 1/2 your posts are about homosexuality.
That's right, it is, and I am gay. This is why I have such confidence that DN is gay. Ever heard the phrase "takes one to know one?"And yes, you are a bean bag.
Daniel 's been like this since he was a kid ! because his friends find his humour funny he's talented and funny good combo.if you don't like it don't listen period .
KidJoker? :club: Is this Glen?
Daniel 's been like this since he was a kid ! because his friends find his humour funny he's talented and funny good combo.if you don't like it don't listen period .
no accounting for Canadian senses of humor, I guess.