In the UK, we have a program called Big Brother, which I also believe is shown in an American version. We also have a 'Celebrity Big Brother', which has celebrities go into the house for 3 weeks for charity. It's included Dennis Rodman, Jackie Stallone (sylvester's mum), and this year Jermaine Jackson.However this year, there was a racist debate, which got massive. It was all over the news, was talked about all around the country, and even had Indians (who were at the subject of the racism) burning mock models of the 'racists' in the big brother house.http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6274881.stm - This is a good link that describes alot of what went on, but doesn't really show how big it became. It made it into the House Of Commons, which is where the English Government make decisions.The 3 of the women who were being called racists, careers are now over. I personally don't feel they were being racist, and alot of it, was the fact that people are always looking to jump on the bandwagon, which I think was similar to daniel's video blog.Just thought this may be of some interest.GL at the tables.

To be honest, I didnt watch that show. But I read about the incidents in the Norwegain newspapers. And it did indeed seem like there were some racism going on there. This Indian Bollywood-actress were humiliated because of her accent, and thats not cool any way you put it. And no, it is not similar to what Daniel did in his Video-blog at all. Daniel was trying to portray a Jamaican, while the people in Big Brother ridiculed this poor woman because of her heritadge and her accent. Danial was just trying to play the role of someone who happens to have a different skincolor than he does, while the BB-people tried to ridicule the woman because who she is.As far as I know Daniel like Jamaicans (who doesnt?), and what he did was not an attempt to be rude or cruel. The incidents in BB-celebrity was the opposite, they were trying to make fun of her... big difference.

In the UK, we have a program called Big Brother, which I also believe is shown in an American version. We also have a 'Celebrity Big Brother', which has celebrities go into the house for 3 weeks for charity. It's included Dennis Rodman, Jackie Stallone (sylvester's mum), and this year Jermaine Jackson.
Okay. But who were some of the "celebrities?"

I personally believe they weren't being racist, just because they disliked someone who's of a different background/origin/race, doesn't make them racist.And I was referring the similarities to the fact that people jump on the bandwagon with things like these, which happened with daniel's blog and some of the comments.Racism is extremely wrong, but I dislike when people create something which isn't there, and people get tagged with terms like 'racist'.The celebrities this year were mainly UK celebs, who others around the world are unlikely to have heard of.