Welcoming A New Member To The Family!

Hey Daniel,Congratulations on getting your new dog. I have two German Sheppard’s whom are deeply integrated into my family. I did pick out the part in your blog where you talk about how your existing dog is possessive and territorial. These are really bad habits, that can be a problem no matter what type of other dog you bring into your home. You should really checkout Cesar Milan on his show the Dog Whisperer. He trains people and rehabilitates dogs. I had some of the same territorial issues with my dogs, but was able to solve them myself after watching his show.http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/You need to establish yourself as pack leader. :)b

Hey Daniel,Congrats on the new puppy! My beloved dog, Caesar, died in December at the age of 14, and I have not been able to bring myself to get a new dog yet. Maybe someday....As for all the PC crap that's been flying around, it's great that you have kept a sense of humour about the whole thing. The best disclaimers I have ever read - all "PC alerts" should be that useful!! Thanks for the laughs! You are the man!!

lol... I really thought he was going to say he had a little DN on the way :club: But hey dogs are the next best thing
Daniel always gets me in his blogs like that!! He loves leading you on, and he is incredibly good at telling lies (joking), probably one of the things that makes him a good poker player.

I know DN was trying to make a point about the whole PC issue, but damn that blog was hard to read. every other sentence was explaining that it wasnt a race issue. ya i get it. I'm one of the guys that didnt see a problem with anything he has done so it kinda sucks having to see him rehash it all because it really wasnt a big deal and its too bad people saw it that way.

Well that makes it official now - I have more grand-pets than grandkids -- three grandkids and Marley makes it four grand-pets. Can't wait to see the little bundle of joy.

My Pug, as seen in the corner here, just turned 14 last week. Congrats to you, Daniel. Enjoy the sleepless nights with the puppy.And to whoever suggested the Dog Whisperer, how awesome would a Kid Poker episode of the Dog Whisperer be? LOL

I love how you were making fun of PC people man, great blog...people have to stop being stupid and overly sensitivecan't we all just get along? haha
***PC ALERT. When you use the term "can't we all just get along? haha" it comes off as highly offensive. It suggests that we are not getting along and that you are mocking this fact with the "haha." In the future, please refrain from such posts or you will be banned completely from the forums forever. Your IP address will also be sent to an internet screening system that will monitor your use of other forums on the internet. You have been warned END PC ALERT***

Congrats on the new hound Marley!Oh man do we miss our Greyhounds! We have busy lives and if we got another dog right now it would be home alone for like 10 hours a day....not cool. But we will get another one someday for sure. Dogs rule. Fun blog too, however I find it offensive that you write, as if offends the blind folks who can't read it. Shame on you. :club: Oh...

When I play online I often feel like I could be doing something more productive. Like playing video games, watching Lost season 2, reading, shooting pool, bowling, or playing golf.
Speaking of golf....when's the last time you played???
Well that makes it official now - I have more grand-pets than grandkids -- three grandkids and Marley makes it four grand-pets. Can't wait to see the little bundle of joy.
Poor Sandi! Dogs are people too! :club:

Owning a male dog is basically inviting your leg to dog crotch.I owned one once and I only get female pets now. I can overlook any behavioral pros and cons because at the end of the day, it comes down to the fact that dogs are friendly and walking around naked.

Hey Daniel,Congratulations on getting your new dog. I have two German Sheppard’s whom are deeply integrated into my family. I did pick out the part in your blog where you talk about how your existing dog is possessive and territorial. These are really bad habits, that can be a problem no matter what type of other dog you bring into your home. You should really checkout Cesar Milan on his show the Dog Whisperer. He trains people and rehabilitates dogs. I had some of the same territorial issues with my dogs, but was able to solve them myself after watching his show.http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/channel/dogwhisperer/You need to establish yourself as pack leader. :)b
Ditto on the recommendation, Cesar can help you with Mushu's behavior in ways so simple it's not even funny.
Hey Daniel,Congrats on the new puppy! My beloved dog, Caesar, died in December at the age of 14, and I have not been able to bring myself to get a new dog yet. Maybe someday....
You might want to see this, it's a thread on another board about a dog - a kind of memorial. You might want to do something like this for Caesar. I bet if you don't have your own site, you could post one at this place if you felt like it....I think it helps some people deal.
You might want to see this, it's a thread on another board about a dog - a kind of memorial. You might want to do something like this for Caesar. I bet if you don't have your own site, you could post one at this place if you felt like it....I think it helps some people deal.
Thanks a lot! I'll check it out.