My Regular Game Finally Gets Raided

A regular 5/10 NL game in miami got raided today by FBI. I thought it was a very friendly and close game. Everyone knows eachother and theres prob 20 players max that cycle through it. But tonight the feds came busting through the door. Thank god the game was credit, cause they seized nothing. We were all getting searhced and the guy pulls out 7k from my pocket and my fake i.d which they never even took. THey shut the game down but hey it couldve been a lot worse. Thank God im not in jail

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn this country sometimes......why the hell are the feds wasting my tax dollars to raid POKER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! this crap pisses me off, sorry to hear the story dude.....

fck'n gg gov. go bust some crack dealers.
Isn't it rather ironic to express one's disagreement with the enforcement of one form of legislated morality by stating a preference for the enforcement of another form of legislated morality? Don't know about you, but I'd rather have them go bust some murderers or robbers instead.
A regular 5/10 NL game in miami got raided today by FBI. I thought it was a very friendly and close game. Everyone knows eachother and theres prob 20 players max that cycle through it. But tonight the feds came busting through the door. Thank god the game was credit, cause they seized nothing. We were all getting searhced and the guy pulls out 7k from my pocket and my fake i.d which they never even took. THey shut the game down but hey it couldve been a lot worse. Thank God im not in jail
that happend to a decent game i alabama about 5weeks ago, shouldnt they be doing drug busts or something
that happend to a decent game i alabama about 5weeks ago, shouldnt they be doing drug busts or something
It's hard to catch drug dealers who are constantly watching for the cops. Why not take the easy route and bust some guys having a good time...

The last time I checked Florida law (and I confess this was a while ago) ANY stake home games were legal, so long as no rake or fee was charged.If it was only tips, you probably have a case for harassment (and if they took anything, illegal search and seizer).

The last time I checked Florida law (and I confess this was a while ago) ANY stake home games were legal, so long as no rake or fee was charged.If it was only tips, you probably have a case for harassment (and if they took anything, illegal search and seizer).
Lol, good luck suing the govt. As I see it, it's quite simple. This country has seen its peak, and we are now in decline. All societies decline eventually. We have submitted to fear, and subsequently have granted our "govt. of the people" far to much power. Problem is, once they have this much power, it's pretty f.uckin hard to take it away. If you enjoy living in "a land of the free" my suggestion is to start looking for somewhere to relocate.e

Legally, they could not touch your 7k because 1) it was not on the table or in play 2) they cannot seize cash of under $9999 dollars that is undeclared.

Lol, good luck suing the govt. As I see it, it's quite simple. This country has seen its peak, and we are now in decline. All societies decline eventually. We have submitted to fear, and subsequently have granted our "govt. of the people" far to much power. Problem is, once they have this much power, it's pretty f.uckin hard to take it away. If you enjoy living in "a land of the free" my suggestion is to start looking for somewhere to relocate.e
Bingo Bango!
Bingo Bango!
Actually, the law in Florida regarding home games allows for only "penny ante" poker. It basically states a single pot cannot exceed $10 and the house cannot take a rake...

That's pretty bad...hate to see that crap.But, to the guys that said drug dealing is just another morality, you're wrong. Drugs are a major cause of all sorts of mayhem from robberies to murder, and, maybe more important to society as a whole, it takes countless millions of dollars out of the economy. Simple use of the drugs can be considered a moral issue, the business of the supply of drugs is a major concern.

Isn't it rather ironic to express one's disagreement with the enforcement of one form of legislated morality by stating a preference for the enforcement of another form of legislated morality?
You do realize you just compared a group of friends playing cards to drug dealers, right?

Do you really want to blame the cops? The laws on the books are what they are required to enforce. I for one would rather know that the cops don't get to pick which laws to enforce and which ones to ignore.You want to complain, complain about the Florida law, not the cops enforcing it.I mean other than giving us President Bush in 2000, what has Florida done positively for America?

damn this country sometimes......why the hell are the feds wasting my tax dollars to raid POKER GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! this crap pisses me off, sorry to hear the story dude.....
there is a chance that I watch the sopranos too much, but in a way they could see it as an extension of organized crime and maybe someone that can afford to play a cash game like that is connected somehow. or they are just pricks. i dont know.
there is a chance that I watch the sopranos too much, but in a way they could see it as an extension of organized crime and maybe someone that can afford to play a cash game like that is connected somehow. or they are just pricks. i dont know.
A 5/10 game?You might have a point if it was like a 25/50 game...
That's pretty bad...hate to see that crap.But, to the guys that said drug dealing is just another morality, you're wrong. Drugs are a major cause of all sorts of mayhem from robberies to murder, and, maybe more important to society as a whole, it takes countless millions of dollars out of the economy. Simple use of the drugs can be considered a moral issue, the business of the supply of drugs is a major concern.
QFT....in our area a large percentage of car thefts and other property crimes can and are traced directly to meth dealers/users looking to get cash to make their next score.I really believe it is ridiculous that these poker games are illegal anywhere but if they are why are you so surprised that they get busted? A crime is a crime. Take the emotion out of the equation because it involves poker and look at it objectively.As someone else said, the cops just enforce the law, they don't make it. It's the local/state politicians you need to be complaining about.
So does gambling

Trying not to thread-jack, but I must respond about the drugs.The ban of drugs in this country is the same ethics-based law as poker is. It is hypocritical to ban marijuana and allow cigarettes and alcohol just as it is hypocritical to ban poker, but allow horse-racing and bingo halls. Point being is that there would be no criminal drug-trafficking IF these drugs were regulated and sold under the supervision of the government in the same manner of alcohol and cigarettes.Back to the point of the thread.It is horrific that people's tax dollars are used to make busts on poker games. I'm sure if you took a poll of the general populous and the people of this nation actually got to vote, home poker games would be just as legal is Christian bingo halls.