Daniel Your The Man Keep It Up!

Daniel, I loved the skit and I think a very large majority of others did too. There is no need for you to cater to the small minority that didn't like it. If they don't like it they don't have to watch your Video Blog anymore. You have always been one to stand up for what you believe in. So just because a few people complain does not mean you have to never approach the subject again. You knew it was not racially motivated, and so did the entire black audience that you had screen it. People like you because you are funny, and you don't care what people think. Some may not agree with your views, But so what. Thats why your DN. Keep up the good work!!

whatever you'll do DN it will be criticized by some. You're blogs are entertaining and keep the original stuff coming, its fun to watch. Dexter had some good content, he said some funny stuff, I though you're mother was hillarious and your accent was dead on, good blog. Maybe make a skit with Jesus in it, or a spoof on George Bush, but next time really push the envelope just to see what the downfall will be. Some people aroung here really have to lighten up. On that note I'm gonna go light one up :club:

Apparently, DN does care what people think.I think that's a good way to be.I don't know him personally, but I haven't heard anything that would make me believe he is a racist. He made a video to be humorous and , on further thought, was afraid that some would take offense. He said ,"Oops ! Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone."I like the fact that he's not trying to offend people. Well, except for President Bush :club:

Apparently, DN does care what people think.I think that's a good way to be.I don't know him personally, but I haven't heard anything that would make me believe he is a racist. He made a video to be humorous and , on further thought, was afraid that some would take offense. He said ,"Oops ! Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone."I like the fact that he's not trying to offend people. Well, except for President Bush :club:
why is everyone always so worried about who they are going to offend or not. Do you think the people ant SNL worry everytime they make a skit? Im tired of everyone always crying everytime they see something they dont like. I have Cerebral Palsy and I have to use canes. My friends and me joke about it all the time, and it has NEVER bothered me. So everyone just go get a tissue and wipe your nose, and lets roll a spliff.
Apparently, DN does care what people think.
you sure about that? Actions Speak Louder Than WordsDN has even went as far as still trying to explain himself about the video he made of the Jamaican dude. Seriously DN, if you don't care and feel you didn't do anything bad then just ignore it.Can you please write about something else other than make references to what you did.All True DN fans, don't need an explanation. We have your back 110%!!
you sure about that? Actions Speak Louder Than WordsDN has even went as far as still trying to explain himself about the video he made of the Jamaican dude. Seriously DN, if you don't care and feel you didn't do anything bad then just ignore it.Can you please write about something else other than make references to what you did.All True DN fans, don't need an explanation. We have your back 110%!!
Am I sure ? No, I haven't asked him.As a general principle, I feel that if someone really didn't care about the negative attention, they would ignore it.Choosing to defend your actions usually means that you care how someone interpretted them. For instance, I am here now to comment on the 2 comments on my last post, because I care what people think of me. I suspect that you both think that I think DN owed an apology or something. I really don't care about that issue. I thought the first minute or so was mildly amusing. Then it got boring. Just my opinion. I wasn't offended. If someone else was, I think they have a right to that. I have no right to tell someone else what they may or may not find offensive. My first post here was simply to refute OP's point that DN doesn't care what people think of him or what he says. By talking about it in his blog , it seems he appears to care (again, not that I know it as a fact) that someone might think he is a racist. He seems to really want to explain that nothing could be further from the truth. I believe him.So....yes, actions speak louder than words. His actions were to explain his actions so that people wouldn't think something bad about him. That sure does imply he cares
why is everyone always so worried about who they are going to offend or not. Do you think the people ant SNL worry everytime they make a skit? Im tired of everyone always crying everytime they see something they dont like. I have Cerebral Palsy and I have to use canes. My friends and me joke about it all the time, and it has NEVER bothered me. So everyone just go get a tissue and wipe your nose, and lets roll a spliff.
I'm glad you have a sense of humor about your disability when joking with your friends. In general, that's a really healthy attitiude.I just think if a six year old kid with CP gets made fun of on the playground, gets upset, and cries later that night, that his mom shouldn't say "Well lighten the f up gimpy." I think that poor kid has a right to feel offended. Maybe, if his mom was more supportive, she could teach him to love himself, feel more self confident, and help him grow up to be someone who loves life and can laugh at himself.Everyone isn't worried about who they are going to offend. People who care about other people try not to offend them. I think the writers at SNL try pretty hard to poke fun at something without being overly offensive. I bet the writers come up with a bunch of stuff that the producers/censors/etc won't put on the air. In life, there are a lot of other people who cross the line because they are too ignorant to realize that there is a line.

Daniel. i think the reason why somke found that video offending was that they didnt think it was funny (no offence) looks like the joke is about a guy being black. if you've added some more funny comments i dont think you would have heard complaints about your video.

look a good impression needs no make-up to make its point...all the comparisons to akroyd, eddie murphy and the wayans brothers are silly, they are actors playing a role..they were all movies in which the screenplays were written by someone else mostly, it was directed by someone else ect daniel is a poker player...end of story, no comparison..thats why he is getting criticized...what would u say if phil gordon came out with the same video blog. the people here would be up in arms saing it was horrible..dont deny it...look at it with a differnt eye....the members of the "daniel cant do any wrong crew" aren't being objective...they never are..is he a racist ?nope...of course not...but it WAS a little over the top...he does good impressions...we know its good regardless of the make up...if he had no make up on absolutley no one would think he was doing an impression of a swedish sailor instead of a jamaican...he tried a little too hard and it backfired slightly.....