Tim Hardaway Hates Gays!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2766213I now hate him as a player! How narrow-minded to say such things about someone because they are gay! Me and Daniel were talking about gays 2 weeks ago on myspace..DN Ill be looking forward to what you have to say about this one!
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2766213I now hate him as a player! How narrow-minded to say such things about someone because they are gay! Me and Daniel were talking about gays 2 weeks ago on myspace..DN Ill be looking forward to what you have to say about this one!
I wonder which one this thread is really about?

I liked Amaechi's response: "Finally, someone who is honest. It is ridiculous, absurb, petty, bigoted and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable. But it is honest. And it illustrates the problem better than any of the fuzzy language other people have used so far." Hardaway has shown himself to be a real scumbag, but at least he was honest about it. I think assholes like Hardaway shouldn't be in this world. Does that make me a bigot?

I liked Amaechi's response: "Finally, someone who is honest. It is ridiculous, absurb, petty, bigoted and shows a lack of empathy that is gargantuan and unfathomable. But it is honest. And it illustrates the problem better than any of the fuzzy language other people have used so far." Hardaway has shown himself to be a real scumbag, but at least he was honest about it. I think assholes like Hardaway shouldn't be in this world. Does that make me a bigot?
So you're a gay-hating hater? You hate someone for their POV? Yep, I'm calling hategayhate-ism-ament.PS this exact issue is available in the Sports Forum

I find it a interesting that we frown upon those that don't share our values or perspective.I agree that Hardaway should follow the advice his mom gave him..."if you don't have anything nice to say about someone..."At the same time, does he have to approve or accept a group? Is he not allowed to have an opinion?While I am open minded about any lifestyle that does not hurt anyone...I am also aware that many have a belief that some lifestyles are not moral or acceptable. Do they not have the right to have that opinion?I think that Amaechi's response was good.If Hardaway had said he think that gay lifesytle is immoral...would you have a problem with it? I hope the answer is yes. I think his choice of words like "hate" is the problem.BTW...I don't like sitting next to smelly people at the poker table. Does that make me a bad person?

I find it a interesting that we frown upon those that don't share our values or perspective.I agree that Hardaway should follow the advice his mom gave him..."if you don't have anything nice to say about someone..."At the same time, does he have to approve or accept a group? Is he not allowed to have an opinion?
Why are homosexual's now a group?? Are we still living in a world that needs to accept people and races in group form?so should we group over weight people in a similar fashion? I'm anti fat people and i dont want to work with fat people cuz they breath loudly... so i guess that means i hate a lot of the posters on this site, u fat bastards.comon man, its a way of living for them,gay's arent a problem, people who cant accept personal values of others are.
BTW...I don't like sitting next to smelly people at the poker table. Does that make me a bad person?
That's a little different than not liking to be next to a gay person. You probably have played poker next to a gay person before and not even realized it, because it doesn't necessarily affect how he or she behaves or appears, but a smelly person stinks up the place and makes you want to vomit. Yuck.
Its not narrow minded, Its lack of intelligence. Just for Being Faaabulous
Speaking of gays...look who's paying us a visit. Where've you been hiding homo?

While I may not agree with what he said I respect him for being honest much more than people pretending it wouldn't bother them. If people lie about their feelings a discourse can never happen and things will stay the same. The whole story is quite ridiculous. I don't really think him coming out at this point does anyone any good, except for his bank account. It's fairly interesting that he finally has the "courage" to come out and just happens to have a book about it. It's also interesting that the story has been given so much pub from ESPN and it just happens to be an ESPN published book.

Tim is now saying he is sorry to the media and gays worldwide. Unfortunately it might be too late. They already have started picketing his local businesses... his Car Wash & Wing place are not far from where I live here in Miami. Even if you feel that way....STFU...use your brain! Very ignorant...

I love how people don't want to group or generalize people or groups.People are diverse. Diversity is good, but it also means there are differences. Any by the way, differences mean not the same and categories begin to exist.For instance, I am a white, male, protestant, straight, over weight, brwon haired....person. You have the right to like or dislike any of those attributes.We have the right to have an opinion about anything. It is funny how being PC is a selective process. We have to be careful how we talk about repressed "groups" and no recognition of those with beliefs.My point is to separate beliefs from abusive language.

i don't agree with what he said...he just stated what most people think! but wouldn't say it out loud !i can't say i hate them. I don't know any,if i do they hide it well !wow this isn't pokher related it pokhim related ! :club: sorry !

Being Politically Correct is hugely overrated. It's become a huge joke, to me, what with all the soft-pedalling of "views", as if we're all just one step away from a big old world-wide group hug (don't get excited, you fags).For example, my use of the word "fag". Does that mean I hate gays or disapprove of their lifestyle? No. You won't truly get to know how I feel about someone or something until you ask me specofoc questions. Will I answer honestly? Probably and I'm more likely to admit to s shortfall of knowledge on the subject or put a more personal spin on my opinion, rather than saying, for example, "Sunnis are Detroit's best friend, seeing as they all make car bombs".People really need to look at themselves and WHY they feel the way they do. Recognize! It could very well be that Tim Hardaway was taught by his mom that gays are some kind of abomination or maybe he was bum-handled by local clergy when he was a child. We just don't know.What we do know is that he likes to shoot his big ol' chitlin hole off without thinking because he's so ****ing rich he has the impression someone cares about his prejudicial viewpoint.

He has a right to hate whoever he wants, whether they are gay, straight, blue, or purple.Why are his views autmatically considered terrible and wrong?Seriously, stop whining everyone. You disagree, fine. But when you start hating him for his views you just became exactly what you hated in the first place.

lol I dont agree with him at all but the interview was HILARIOUS. He left the dude speechless pretty much. "I hate gays, I hate gay people, I don't think it's right and I don't want anything to do with it." the dude has some balls, but is just kinda dumb. I used to like hardaway back in the day but wow.