This is a general question that there may be some more similar scenarios to go with this.in stud say u have Q up and 99 down. it is a full table and u see that there is 1 q and 1 9 out as well. Should u call the bring in or just fold. Im a donk at stud so maybe i could get some helpful hints?Thanks

7 stud is all about having live cards. If a Q was out, or if you saw higher door cards than your Q, you can be justified in seeing 4th street (not for 2 or more bets, though) due to the surprise value. If you hit a 9, you have a great hidden hand and if you pair your Q then opponents might assume you started with split Q's (except for cheap buy-in sng's. Your opponents mostly don't think that much)In your situation with both a 9 and a Q showing, I have no problem folding this hand. Depending on the other door cards shown, I might play it but very rarely.

This is a general question that there may be some more similar scenarios to go with this.in stud say u have Q up and 99 down. it is a full table and u see that there is 1 q and 1 9 out as well. Should u call the bring in or just fold. Im a donk at stud so maybe i could get some helpful hints?Thanks
It completely depends (like most things in poker) what your position is and the other upcards and their actions. If you are last to act and only a couple of people have limped the pot, then you could play. With any significant aggression before you, or with scary cards behind you, this is an easy fold.

usually, it's a clear fold.I can see completing if it's folded to you and the bring in is directly on your left. This has more to do with the limits you play and the antes in the pot.

7 stud is all about having live cards. If a Q was out, or if you saw higher door cards than your Q, you can be justified in seeing 4th street (not for 2 or more bets, though) due to the surprise value. If you hit a 9, you have a great hidden hand and if you pair your Q then opponents might assume you started with split Q's (except for cheap buy-in sng's. Your opponents mostly don't think that much)In your situation with both a 9 and a Q showing, I have no problem folding this hand. Depending on the other door cards shown, I might play it but very rarely.
sweet that helps. what guidelines do u use for starting hands in Stud/8ob

What GWC said. A lot of people rave about Jen Harman's section on limit HE, but I really enjoyed Todd's 7 Stud section the most. I like his presentation and he really covers starting hands well - especially in hi-low.