Building A New Bankroll[48 Cents]

THIS IS A FOLLOW UP ON PREVIOUS POST=I'm now at $45.36 , started at .....................48 cents on POKER STARS, on Feb 1- had a setback yeasterday when I lost 2.5 buy ins on 7stud8--got back on track with good play on omaha8. now playing mainly HE nl micro-5c/10c with a short stack[1/2 normal buy in] per this sites expert advice. going to try to stay at 300x BB bankroll play to protect my bankroll. How far can I go? hate yo all==see you at the freerolls with cash prizez. I think Ill write a book when its all over--havent decided on a final goal, $100 is a good start though==cactus :club:

:club: thanks
gl. remember 300 bb is for limit. Higher rolls for higher variance games.I thought I'd be annoyed w/ your threads. Now I'm indifferent. Apparantely you're growing on me.
thanks cactus

i was down to $2 and got it back to $100 at .01/ .02 before moving up from there. I was averaging 100bb/100 there lolI would suggest buying in for the max at that level instead of short at higher stakes. If I go close to busto again I will probably just breakdown and find a way to deposit instead of grinding that hard again.GL on your comeback

gl. remember 300 bb is for limit. Higher rolls for higher variance games.I thought I'd be annoyed w/ your threads. Now I'm indifferent. Apparantely you're growing on me.
:D JUST PASSED MY FIRST MILESTONE=$50 cactus :club: cactus
:club:
i was down to $2 and got it back to $100 at .01/ .02 before moving up from there. I was averaging 100bb/100 there lolI would suggest buying in for the max at that level instead of short at higher stakes. If I go close to busto again I will probably just breakdown and find a way to deposit instead of grinding that hard again.GL on your comeback
:D a bad friend[not you] is better than no fried at all==thanks for your supp&help, I think I'll stay at 300xblind. it has served me well as I lost two buy ins earlier on all ins and have been able to recover and continue to proceed up== its down side protection when the sine curve dips to negative which can last up to two days. cactus
Please feel free to post more often, your av made my valentine's day.
Im building a bankroll from around $6 won from freerolls, got any advice for me OP?
I started my bankroll taking around $4.50 won from freerolls and have now built it up to $649.00. My main advice would be patience and discipline and keep looking for holes in your game (I just recently found a few myself). It is very easy to get frustrated but just keep making smart decisions and if you feel you are in a position where you cannot play well, do something else. This is not trying to make poker your profession where you want to play hours, not results. If you think you will tilt, take a break.My second piece of advice is to keep good records of your sessions. At the minimum, create a spreadsheet and keep track of your time played, hands played, results, and comments on things you may want to write down. I'm very big on statistics and I feel it really helps my long-term success (PokerTracker is not compatible with the current site I play on unfortunately so I do not have it available as a resource).Myself, I started at the very bottom (5 NL at my site) and worked my way up, learning to beat each level. It was slow at first and I spent a while at the 10 and 25 NL levels, but when I was comfortable, I moved up. Right now, I am very comfortable playing 50 NL, despite the fact that I am not properly rolled for it (ideally I'd want at least $1000). I started playing 50 NL buying in short when my roll was around $250. I really do NOT recommend this at all because it is an easy way to go broke if you aren't ready for it but I was very comfortable with the move and I was really able to dominate the game. I still play 50 NL and will continue to for a while. I'm averaging 14.23 BB/100 over the past few weeks (very small sample of course!) and it is not unusual for me to have days where I profit over $100.Lastly, if you or anyone else are interested, I've been keeping a blog (found in my signature) which I've been updating pretty frequently (I'm getting better about it) which details my progress, thoughts, notable hands, and anything else I have to say about my game. Occasionally I'll post random thoughts but I'm trying to keep this mainly dedicated to poker and my progress in developing a serious bankroll from scratch.

Thanks a lot for the advice. My tactics at the moment are to go after this fish I played yesterday at 0.55+0.05 heads up. He bleeds money so I keep trying to play him.