Pot Odds Question From Poker After Dark

In last nights episode, there was a hand where Gabe Kaplan made it 1400 to go from the button with Ac Qc and Michael Konik re-raised him to $4900 in the BB with 7c 6c. Gets around to Kaplan who re-raised him all in to $19,250. Konik folded, but Howard Lederer made a comment that he was getting 4 to 1 odds...I did my calculations and I thought it was just over 2.5 to 1...Konik calls 14,450 to win 38,800. Am I missing something?Paul

In last nights episode, there was a hand where Gabe Kaplan made it 1400 to go from the button with Ac Qc and Michael Konik re-raised him to $4900 in the BB with 7c 6c. Gets around to Kaplan who re-raised him all in to $19,250. Konik folded, but Howard Lederer made a comment that he was getting 4 to 1 odds...I did my calculations and I thought it was just over 2.5 to 1...Konik calls 14,450 to win 38,800. Am I missing something?Paul
Pretty sure Konik had less than 19250
Pretty sure Konik had less than 19250
Excellent point...I wasn't thinking of that...he had just under 12K to start off the hand...so he has 4900 invested, so to call his last 7K..it's still about 3-1, and he is a 2-1 dog pre-flop....

Bad laydown. He made a resteal attempt and got cuaght, but from a pure math perspective he was only priced out against an overpair. If you think Gabe is the tightest rock in the world, and give him a range of only AA, KK, AK then the price was still right to call. OBV Gabe is looser then that (since he had AQ).

An apostrophe in nights.
An apostrophe in nights.
A verb in your sentence fragment....er......PUT a verb into that sentence fragment.I don't really care, but if you're going to correct the use of the english language in other peoples' posts, then I consider it fair game to correct your posts.Cheers,Merby