The New V Blog Is Up

My opinion: It was pure ignorance in Daniel's part, but he didn't meant it to be racist or anything offensive. Yeesh. DN is really a great guy.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daniel, I think your impression was very impressive. However, with all due respect, I am surprised that you don't seem to be appreciating why you generated the reaction you did with it. And since yo

?

true enough. i can laugh at myself. hell i can laugh at you laughing at me. but i cant laugh at blackface, no matter who's doin it. i think there has to be a certain level of understanding before we can collectively move on and put something behind us. and trust me...we aint there yet.
Man I wouldn't even be surprised if your white, you probably are. I'm so sick of people screaming racism all the time, wise up. Theres more important things to worry about, when humor is humor its not meant to be serious. If you look at life so seriously and look for things to take offense to, then you are a racist idiot yourself.And screw Spike Lee and his opinions, hes one of the most racist hypo critic sob's alive, and his word doesn't mean sh-t to me. All he did was color his face black, because Jamaicans are black.Friggen Idiot, your actually the racist one here, and your the kind of people who stir up trouble, because you can't see anything but color.
My opinion: It was pure ignorance in Daniel's part, but he didn't meant it to be racist or anything offensive. Yeesh. DN is really a great guy.
What exactly is ignorant about it and how would you know what Daniel's knowledge consists of?

Hey Daniel, I just wanted to tell you one thing. You just wrote a long blog replying to the whole blackface accusations, but why? Maybe you are sensitive and these things get to you, which is not a big deal because that means you obviously care. But you have done this a few times with your defensive replies, but who cares man. Why are you wasting your time and energy replying to a few people on here that thought this was offensive, I mean just brush those people off. Funny blog btw :club:

If this was "blackface" comedy, wouldn't DN have used white lipstick as well? Give all your criticism a rest. All of this excessive typing is creating way too much greenhouse gases right?? :club:

Daniel's home game with a few friends. negreanu8.jpg"Don, I need some advice man, my hair is starting to grow back""But it looks bad on top, really bad"king.jpg"It can't be that bad Danny, take your hat off and let me see"doyle-brunson01.jpg"Yeah Daniel, Let us see"negreanu8.jpg"Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you"don%20king.jpg"OMFG, look at that boy's head!"WSOP_scotty_nguyen.jpg"That's sick baby!"doyle-brunson06.jpg"Cover that back up, that's disgusting"431d506246cde.jpg"I think it looks cute"11373a5jesse130p.jpg"Cute?, what's wrong with you woman?""Looks like somebody ran over a damn ant mound with the lawnmower"negreanu8.jpg"All of you, get out of my house"No blackface was used in this parody!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Classic Muck

HELP!! O click to watch the video but all I get is a white screen. What do I need to do?
Turn of your racism filter if your using IE
I still think the casual drug references were way out of line.I think if you are going to stereotype these people for always smoking the weed then you are just making it more difficult for them to overcome this terrible addiction. They are never going to overcome the pressures if the world just classes them as refer smoking degenerates all the time. They have feelings too you know.So before you do this again, remember:Old Romanian women don't all smoke blunts.
It's just good ol cheeba

Um, well, I didn't think it was funny at all either. Actually when I first saw the character, I was a little offended. (I'm African-American)I've never considered myself sensitive as far as race goes. It takes a lot to offend me, but I don't know about this "skit".Okay, I like Negreanu, he's my favorite poker player, and I get it that it was just a "Skit", a joke, and he didn't really mean anything serious by it...but in his blog he wrote about having a "Black" audience screen it before hand...why the hell did he do that? Why did he feel the need to have it screened? That says to me that he knew it could be potentionaly offensive and he just wanted to try to cover his ***.This doesn't change how I feel about Negreanu. I still like the guy, but he knows better. I don't like hypocrisy and responding all innocent in his blog about how "he didn't know, or he didn't think it was a big deal" bothers me more than the content of the "skit".

Um, well, I didn't think it was funny at all either. Actually when I first saw the character, I was a little offended. (I'm African-American)I've never considered myself sensitive as far as race goes. It takes a lot to offend me, but I don't know about this "skit".Okay, I like Negreanu, he's my favorite poker player, and I get it that it was just a "Skit", a joke, and he didn't really mean anything serious by it...but in his blog he wrote about having a "Black" audience screen it before hand...why the hell did he do that? Why did he feel the need to have it screened? That says to me that he knew it could be potentionaly offensive and he just wanted to try to cover his ***.This doesn't change how I feel about Negreanu. I still like the guy, but he knows better. I don't like hypocrisy and responding all innocent in his blog about how "he didn't know, or he didn't think it was a big deal" bothers me more than the content of the "skit".
I dont know what it is about your post, but i dont think you are black. Maybe cause ive never heard a black person call themselves african american and the general attitude in the post.And yeah, everyone should display extreme guilt and sorrow then post a picture of themselves shedding a tear for what they have done. Or perhaps some people are lighthearted and doesnt take things super serious all the time? I think he was portraying a rastafarian more than a black person, i was thinking "rastafarian" not "black person!!!" when i saw him.
I've been to Jamaica and I'm gonna tell you it was a damn good impersonation of a potential Jamaican.
This is my impersonation of a potential Jamaican:Jamaica: So, Larry, do you have any more questions for us?Larry: No, not really. I'd just like to say again that I think I could be a really good fit here, and would be very successful.Jamaica: Well, we really appreciate your coming in here and sharing with us, and we'll get back to you soon. Dan from HR is going to give you some paperwork to fill out before you leave.Larry: Thanks again, I think I have great potential as a Jamaican.

People, I'm going to break this down. Of course Daniel did not intend anything bad. And of course lots of people, including Jamaicans, are not offended. And of course some people even found it funny. If you (Daniel) were hanging out in your house with some friends and were like hey check out my Jamaican accent, nobody would care. But you are a public figure and you have a bigger responsibility than that. It doesn't matter that a black audience that screened it wasn't offended. Black people generally have pretty sophisticated understandings of race and racism and the history of it all because they have to live with it everyday. The audience you really need to worry about is the clueless white audience (probably most of the people that watch) because they are the ones that get their stereotypes confirmed by things like this. And they are the ones who misunderstand. And they are the ones that now (mistakenly) think it's ok and cool to make fun of other cultures and maybe minorities in this country. And while that's not your intent, you have to be aware of how your message will be understood to others. You could use your power to be funny in lots of ways, you don't have to stop being funny. But just realize that racism persists because of subtle UNINTENDED actions everyday that reinforce stereotypes and misunderstandings. Be a man and take responsibility for your actions in this world. No one thinks you intended it to be bad or that your are really a racist, but it was a bad move to do this. Peace.

I dont know what it is about your post, but i dont think you are black. Maybe cause ive never heard a black person call themselves african american and the general attitude in the post.
I wonder if this guy knows how racist he is.

Not racist, racism is when you look down on that race, or see yourself as better, saying that a black people are diffrent than lets say white is not racist. Its merely a fact. But i like spicing things up on the internet cause im protected by my anonymous positionAnd man i just went on feeling to suggest that it's just one more person trying to act super offended and threw in the "i'm african american" in such a manner that to me, seems hes not. Maybe i'm wrong but i dont care if i am. This is the internet, and i'll go my gut feeling.

This is my impersonation of a potential Jamaican:Jamaica: So, Larry, do you have any more questions for us?Larry: No, not really. I'd just like to say again that I think I could be a really good fit here, and would be very successful.Jamaica: Well, we really appreciate your coming in here and sharing with us, and we'll get back to you soon. Dan from HR is going to give you some paperwork to fill out before you leave.Larry: Thanks again, I think I have great potential as a Jamaican.
I thought the exact same thing.

Anybody else got the munchies ??Hey Dexter use a clean coffee grinder. Jus tek ot de stems and seeds Mon and trow the bud in an pop it a couple O times wit de grinder. It be savin ya on ya fingas Mon!!!

How's this:On the first day of Grade Three, Johnnie's teacher asked the students tocount to 50. Many of them did very well, some getting as high as 37. ButJohnnie did extremely well; he made it to 100 with only 3 mistakes. At homehe told his Dad how well he had done. Dad told him, "That's because you arefrom Newfoundland, son." The next day, in language class, the teacher askedstudents to recite the alphabet. Some made it to the letter "k" with onlyone mistake, but Johnnie outdid them again. He made it all the way through,missing only the letter "m". That evening he once again brought his Dad upto date and Dad explained to him, "That's because you are from Newfoundland,son". The next day, after Physical Education, the boys were takingshowers. Johnnie noted that, compared to the other boys in his grade, heseemed overly "well-endowed". This confused him. That night, he asked hisDad, "Dad, they all have little tiny ones, but mine is ten times bigger thantheirs. Is that because I'm from Newfoundland?" "No, son, "explained Dad,"That's because you're 18!"These three jokes are funny, in my opinion. They are "Canadian jokes" but they are not funny because they had to do with Canadians but because of the way that they are written. I hope that the Canadians on the message board find some humor in them and, if they don't, oh well...
Being a Newfie myself, I don't find jokes like these offensive. Of course, I went to high school who were 22-24 but that is besides the point.....

My opinion quickly:A joke is a joke. The important thing is that Daniel is not racist and would never subscribe to racism in a million years. That's all that really matters.I'm reminded of the last episode of 'High Stakes Poker' when Sam Farha sat down at the table and someone said "Didn't Isreal just bomb Lebanon?". Or how about a few decades of Mel Brooks movies mocking Hitler and the Spanish Inquisition. Laughter is a great thing...it's the opposite of racism and hatred.

It occcurs to me that if DN had dressed up as an Oxford professsor and made fun of some friend of his who went on to be that, no one would say a word. So, if it is simply the blackness that made so many jump on the self-righteous wagon, I'd say the protestors are the actual purveyors of prejudice, by singling out this parody for criticism just because the character being parodied was black.