The New V Blog Is Up

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daniel, I think your impression was very impressive. However, with all due respect, I am surprised that you don't seem to be appreciating why you generated the reaction you did with it. And since yo

?

that wasn't even remotely funny. at all.where the hell do you get off putting on blackface, daniel? do you have any idea how offensive that is? you try to sound all righteous in your blog about how you're not racist, and then you go and do something like this? what the hell were you thinking? ya know i always respected you as an honest individual who wasn't afraid to speak his mind, but now you just look like a white boy from canada who has no sense of american history. (for a history lesson, go watch spike lee's bamboozled.)

that wasn't even remotely funny. at all.where the hell do you get off putting on blackface, daniel? do you have any idea how offensive that is? you try to sound all righteous in your blog about how you're not racist, and then you go and do something like this? what the hell were you thinking? ya know i always respected you as an honest individual who wasn't afraid to speak his mind, but now you just look like a white boy from canada who has no sense of american history. (for a history lesson, go watch spike lee's bamboozled.)
I won't point out your name cause that'd be too easy. Daniel likes doing characters and voices. relax
I expected to see responses like this when I watched it. I think it was edgey at best. Not trying to add negativity, I have no right to judge him for this, I am not a black man. I don't see it as racist, but like I said, I am not a black man.
I was waiting for someone to say that was racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I assume you think Mad TV, SNL, In Living Color are all racist shows? IT WAS A SKIT!!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!Stop being so damn sensitive!
I was waiting for someone to say that was racist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I assume you think Mad TV, SNL, In Living Color are all racist shows? IT WAS A SKIT!!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!Stop being so damn sensitive!
you really have no clue. there are skits, and then there's blackface. daniel coulda done that "skit" just as easily w/o putting on blackface. it still wouldn't have been funny, it still woulda been offensive, but at least it wouldn't have been blackface. and if you don't know what blackface is, and don't think blackface is racist, then go do some research and then come back to me. i'm not being sensitive, i'm calling daniel out for some dumb ****.
you really have no clue. there are skits, and then there's blackface. daniel coulda done that "skit" just as easily w/o putting on blackface. it still wouldn't have been funny, it still woulda been offensive, but at least it wouldn't have been blackface. and if you don't know what blackface is, and don't think blackface is racist, then go do some research and then come back to me. i'm not being sensitive, i'm calling daniel out for some dumb ****.
When my wife was doing the makeup she was doing it in the light and it didn't look as dark. She combined brown and black face paint, figuring that on camera it would look right. In no means was it meant to be black face. I did see Bamboozled by the way.
I won't point out your name cause that'd be too easy. Daniel likes doing characters and voices. relax
blackface isn't a character, or a voice, or sketch comedy. it's just wrong. i dont expect you to understand it, but hopefully daniel is as open and intelligent as he claims to be and realizes his mistake here.

I actually told her to just use the brown, but I guess she didn't hear me or something. I thought it was too dark, but it wasn't blackface. Besides, blackface is a racist form of entertainment when actual black people were forced to paint their faces black. The face paint was too dark, but it was in no way blackface.

When my wife was doing the makeup she was doing it in the light and it didn't look as dark. She combined brown and black face paint, figuring that on camera it would look right. In no means was it meant to be black face. I did see Bamboozled by the way.
figuring "it would look right"? you wanted to look black, man, and that's exactly what you got. and since you've seen bamboozled, did it even cross your mind that your little "skit" would be offensive? do you even care?
I actually told her to just use the brown, but I guess she didn't hear me or something. I thought it was too dark, but it wasn't blackface. Besides, blackface is a racist form of entertainment when actual black people were forced to paint their faces black. The face paint was too dark, but it was in no way blackface.
As the locals said to me on a soccer trip I had to Jamaica once: "YAHHHHH BWAAAAAAAA". The best V-blog in ages. Just when I thought you might go political, or religious, or dwunk again... you do this. LOL way to lighten the mood, now go smoke another SPLIFF.
figuring "it would look right"? you wanted to look black, man, and that's exactly what you got. and since you've seen bamboozled, did it even cross your mind that your little "skit" would be offensive? do you even care?
elen-riding-2.jpgCome down off the high horse and enjoy you a spliff. Honestly, it's done with no ill intentions but for humor. Everything DN does shouldn't automatically be some "bold statement"... he's a guy that obviously has a sense of humor and can enjoy himself, you should do the same.
stop it. really. just because you didn't go through the same process that ppl went through in the minstrel show days does not mean you can brush this aside and claim its not blackface. it is what it is, regardless of your intentions. you wanted to portray a black man, and you did it by painting your face black. or dark brown. this is still black face. and no, black face wasn't just worn by black actors. it was worn by white actors too.
Of course I care. Of course my plan was to wear a full costume that made me look like a jamacian man named Dexter. No different than what you see in films and skits on MadTV or SNL. Would you equally offended by White Chicks?
stop it. really. just because you didn't go through the same process that ppl went through in the minstrel show days does not mean you can brush this aside and claim its not blackface. it is what it is, regardless of your intentions. you wanted to portray a black man, and you did it by painting your face black. or dark brown. this is still black face. and no, black face wasn't just worn by black actors. it was worn by white actors too.
I'm not aplogizing for that skit for even a second. Not for a second. You are totally overreacting. As for whether or not "I care" the reason this blog wasn't up days ago was because I screened it with an audience before releasing it. Yes, a black audience. Not one of them had anything negative to say about it.