Phil Gordon Losing His Mind

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

phil gordon came across as a pretty big **** on PAD last week, really arrogant toward the other players, especially lederer. i'm not sure how i stand on him anymore. in this case however i think that gordon was misunderstood and daniel overreacted.

phil gordon came across as a pretty big **** on PAD last week, really arrogant toward the other players, especially lederer. i'm not sure how i stand on him anymore. in this case however i think that gordon was misunderstood and daniel overreacted.
No he wasn't. I understood him loud and clear. He was trying to insult Erick. That's just the way it is. No big deal, really, but at least be factual.
No he wasn't. I understood him loud and clear. He was trying to insult Erick. That's just the way it is. No big deal, really, but at least be factual.
yssckysw
I didn't read the whole thread so don't sue me if I repeat something, but...Perhaps Phil's image of Erick is the one Erick wants Phil to have.
Maybe, but did you ever think that perhaps Phil's image of Erick is the one that Phil wants Erick to think that he has?
What the F*ck has Phil Gordan EVER done. On Poker after dark he came across as a REAL Arse. Wish the guy would take is Dot Com money and find an ISLAND somewhere to disappear. For all Hellmuth, Matasow, and Tony G mouthing during a tournament at least they don't seem like jerks away from the table. For Example, Gordon appeared on the reality dating show Blind Date. When he and his lingerie model date, LeAnna, returned to his touring bus, she suddenly mentioned that she had a hot tub in her home, as if to suggest that they make use of it. Gordon proclaimed that he was "allergic" to Hot Tubs, turning her down. A Jerk, and probably gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that. However gay men shouldn't go on Heterosexual reality dating shows.

I don't know, I'm kinda new here but I think that each party has a point. DN has to stand up for his boy if he thinks PG is wrong (because that's what good friends do)and Phil has to stick to his guns if thats what he truly believes. I guess in the end we have to realize that in the grand scheme of things it is all irrelevant. Both E-Dawg and Gordon are opposite end of the spectrum type players and are probably pretty comfortable with their style of play. Lets face it, they have made a very good living cashing in tournaments, beating cash games, writing books and teaching the game to less talented individuals. I wish I had that job...lol

Maybe what Phil thinks that Erick thinks is only what Phil thinks and is not what Erick thinks at all. That has led us to think about what Erick thinks and think that Phil only thinks he knows what Erick thinks and doesn't care what we think. Daniel may think that Phil doesn't think too much of Erick, but I think Erick doesn't really care what Phil thinks, because Phil really has no idea what Erick thinks.

Maybe what Phil thinks that Erick thinks is only what Phil thinks and is not what Erick thinks at all. That has led us to think about what Erick thinks and think that Phil only thinks he knows what Erick thinks and doesn't care what we think. Daniel may think that Phil doesn't think too much of Erick, but I think Erick doesn't really care what Phil thinks, because Phil really has no idea what Erick thinks.
Ya think? lol
:club:
  • 2 weeks later...
Ah, don't bash on Gordon too hard... Phil's a great player in his own rights
ROFLMAO"Great Player" indeed.Just go back to WPT season 1, Aruba. watch "Amateur" Juha Helppi beat "professional" Phil Gordon like a $2 mule.

I'm quite enjoying watching Phil and Erick take shots at each other on Poker After Dark...funny stuff. (Phil to Patrik Antonius, after Patrik made a pretty sick call on Erick)Phil: "What do you think he had there?"Patrik: "Flush Draw"Phil: "Yeah, me too"Erick: "You're an idiot Phil...a complete idiot"(later)Phil: "I don't know if I enjoy being called an idiot...I mean, that's a little harsh"Erick: "Well, you've always got a comment to make, when no one cares what you think about the pot...I mean, I understand, you're used to looking at the hole card camera"Phil: "That's the only way I can do analysis, it's a lot easier when you know what the hole cards are"Erick: "Apparently, you *always* know"Phil Ivey: "We might need some cocktails (here)"Phil G: "Order me whatever you get"Erick: "You probably already know what he wants!"(Ivey laughs his head off at the obvious sarcasm...Gordon misses it completely and ventures a guess about Ivey's drink of choice)Classic stuff, it's always fun to watch a couple of guys who just don't like each other go at it.

saw that tonight as well, funny stuff. Would be neat to know when this was filmed, before or after this thread. Eric came off like a chump. couldn't take his lumps from Patrick w/o steaming it up a bit, which was directed at gordon.

saw that tonight as well, funny stuff. Would be neat to know when this was filmed, before or after this thread. Eric came off like a chump. couldn't take his lumps from Patrick w/o steaming it up a bit, which was directed at gordon.
Erik was steaming but gordon was out of line, hence he apologized for pilling on..I would like to think this is what got all of this started to begin with, i think this was filmed in oct/nov...i remember someone talking about betting the cardinals in another episode.
I would like to think this is what got all of this started to begin with, i think this was filmed in oct/nov...i remember someone talking about betting the cardinals in another episode.
Exactly.It's like we've read the end chapter of a book first, and now we're getting to know what happened in the beginning!Side note - I think Antonius will win this week's PAD... class act.

Is there a sub-plot, a background story etc. about Gordon and Lindgren that most people don't know about? It seems like their dislike for each other goes deeper than PAD and Gordon's comments on his blog.

rereading Gordon's column- It seems he was refering to this tournament in his discussion of E-dog. His comment about FPS is reagarding the hand against Patrick, and his racing comment is about the AQ vrs 99 hand. It is funny how he takes two hands and builds a case about E-dog's entire game.

Hey Phil Gordon,I lost a ton of respect for you man. You're passive aggressive and that is actually a personality disorder you know. Read this and tell me if that doens't describe your recent actions to a TEE:People with passive-aggressive behaviors show hostility and aggression in passive ways. Criticizing, not openly, but in subtle ways. Examples: 1.) Saying unkind things and then saying they really didn’t mean what they said. 2.) An indirect attempt to criticize someone while appearing to compliment them. 3.) Someone who claims to love you but hurts you all the time. If you are going to trash someone at least come out and do it straight up instead of trying to act as if you like someone meanwhile all you are doing is trashing the guy.Cheers,Greg

I think the best line of the whole show was when Erick busted and Gordon gave him a man hug and a "see you on the golf course."I'd be very suprised if Erick or Phil has ever played golf with him. Think he was just trying to come off as one of the boys, when it's obv he was a complete outsider at the table besides the sidetalk he had w/ Jen.

Yep, Phil's second appearance on PAD just confirms my view of him. He made a bluff all in when drawing dead. He then Offered the view of Phil Ivey as being "uncomfortable" playing when the blinds went up. Also he stood up in a tirade when he took a beat and saying "I felt like Hellmuth." Lastly, he went all in with an ace rag and got busted by his celebrity poker buddy with 99 and saying "do I have to go over to talk to her" about his exit interview. Yep, Phil should take his dot com millions and disappear.

Yep, Phil's second appearance on PAD just confirms my view of him. He made a bluff all in when drawing dead. He then Offered the view of Phil Ivey as being "uncomfortable" playing when the blinds went up. Also he stood up in a tirade when he took a beat and saying "I felt like Hellmuth." Lastly, he went all in with an ace rag and got busted by his celebrity poker buddy with 99 and saying "do I have to go over to talk to her" about his exit interview. Yep, Phil should take his dot com millions and disappear.
Couldn't agree more. I had formed this opinion already, but he always comes up with something else to make me dislike him more. Anyone seen this clip? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrmX1pd7IhEAt the end he makes comments about how he likes to play female poker players with low-cut shirts.