Phil Gordon Losing His Mind

MMMMMMMMlets see ....a "joke" blog yesterday, and today a controversy that is sure to be followed and to top it off a video blog where racial stereotypes are used, also slightly controversial depending on who is watchingIm guessing its all a plan to take the focus off of yesterdays Bush comments and multiple threads.....simple misdirectionwe have never had so many blogs ect and posts by Daniel in such a short time...He is like the David Copperfield of politically incoherent statements and social commentary....poof...he tries to make it dissapear.....

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like Daniel has a real beef with Phil and looks for an opportunity to bash him in his blogs. People can have an opinion and should be able to express it. You can agree or disagree but should do so in a respectable way. Daniel can write whatever he wants in his blog but this one certainly was off the mark. In terms of who handled this better I'd score this one for Phil.

1. DN wants to be judged by his stated intentions in terms of the blackface issue. He says he didn't intend to offend and knows the historical context of blackface.2. Phil Gordon says he didn't intend to insult E-dog or his play. If DN wants others to base their opinion on what he says he intended, he should do the same for PG. I'm not going to guess your intention for coming down so hard on the PG article.Lastly, you don't have to fight everyone's battles DN. The soft-sell opinion works wonder, unlike continuing to alienate section after section of your readers. I guess I now understand what you wrote last month, "I'm more concerned with the person I've become recently, and I don't like that guy one bit. I'm often irritated, jealous, venomous, spiteful, arrogant, mean, insecure, and all around unhappy."

MMMMMMMMlets see ....a "joke" blog yesterday, and today a controversy that is sure to be followed and to top it off a video blog where racial stereotypes are used, also slightly controversial depending on who is watchingIm guessing its all a plan to take the focus off of yesterdays Bush comments and multiple threads.....simple misdirectionwe have never had so many blogs ect and posts by Daniel in such a short time...He is like the David Copperfield of politically incoherent statements and social commentary....poof...he tries to make it dissapear.....
I agree. I can almost guarantee that a few months ago DN convinced Gordon to write an article with negative comments about his close friend to be released around this time, just in case his planned Jamaican costume caused some controversy. I mean...it just makes so much sense...it must...be....true.You've tried and failed. Give it up.

isnt clear why gordon wrote that?Erick said someting bad about phil play. so phil wrote something bad about erick play in return.it got nothing to do with right wrong, who's pro who's not. its no big deal, and i dont see why daniel need to get in the middle of this.

I agree. I can almost guarantee that a few months ago DN convinced Gordon to write an article with negative comments about his close friend to be released around this time, just in case his planned Jamaican costume caused some controversy. I mean...it just makes so much sense...it must...be....true.You've tried and failed. Give it up.
It was in jest...BUT If I were you, i'd rather believe he was TRYING to come up with this absurd **** for a reason as opposed to it being something he thinks is normal.
Wondering now if the Governor-General of Jamaica is going to show up here too.
Dear Mr. Suckers!I really don't see how I could help. I have never sat at a table with either Mr. Gordon or Mr. Lindgren. And I do not form conclusions about poker from watching a few hands on television.I can say that Mr. Negreanu does a very good Jamaican accent, given his limitations.Yours etc.,The Most Honourable Kenneth Octavius Hall, ON, OJ.Governer-General of JamaicaKings HouseKingstonJAMAICA
Dear Mr. Suckers!I really don't see how I could help. I have never sat at a table with either Mr. Gordon or Mr. Lindgren. And I do not form conclusions about poker from watching a few hands on television.I can say that Mr. Negreanu does a very good Jamaican accent, given his limitations.Yours etc.,The Most Honourable Kenneth Octavius Hall, ON, OJ.Governer-General of JamaicaKings HouseKingstonJAMAICA
Finally, a politician who responds. Am moving to Jamaica. P.S. Why when reading that I was hearing it in the voice of James Earl Jones?
Finally, a politician who responds. Am moving to Jamaica. P.S. Why when reading that I was hearing it in the voice of James Earl Jones?
Dear Mr. Suckers!Please let me know when you arrive. If you are in need of employment, I have a vacancy for an executive assistant. I had to terminate the last one since he was unable to spell the word "Governor". That is obviously an essential skill for this position.Yours etc.,The Most Honourable Kenneth Octavius Hall, ON, OJ.Governor-General of JamaicaKings HouseKingstonJAMAICAPS James Earl Jones only wishes he sounded like me!
LOL - yea, you really had a lot of nice things to say about Phil Gordon. Re-read your post again. You didn't specifically say he sucks, but you sure as hell implied it.
I'll come out the woodwork on this one and say a couple things:Lindgren does not play play at a higher level than any profiting player "can imagine."Phil Gordon, while playing 50/100 limit, was a good opponent and a very friendly guy.Why do you invite these disasters unto yourself Daniel, all you had to do is not get involved. So what if someone sees a couple weaknesses in your friends poker game and writes about it.
I'll come out the woodwork on this one and say a couple things:Lindgren does not play play at a higher level than any profiting player "can imagine."Phil Gordon, while playing 50/100 limit, was a good opponent and a very friendly guy.Why do you invite these disasters unto yourself Daniel, all you had to do is not get involved. So what if someone sees a couple weaknesses in your friends poker game and writes about it.
Bsides daniel you're the one coming off as batshit crazy with that black face stuff.
Gotta side with Phil on this one as well. DN, as he frequently does, appears unable to critically examine an issue without clouding the discussion with his personal biases.Plus, you can't call someone a "buffoon," misspell it, then accuse them of not proofing their work, without looking like a complete tool.
I have to side with Phil on this one also. Daniel, I'm a big fan, and think you are a great guy, and you come off exceptionally well on TV. But like a previous poster said, I think you alienate a lot of fans on this site as time goes on. I see a lot of myself 7 years ago in you. Sometimes your ego and a bit of self righteousness get in the way when you don't mean for it to. I hope your wife gets on you like mine did me, and your humbleness and fun loving character come back.God Bless,Mark
Several reasons:1. It's totally untrue.2. I beleive that Phil has it in for Erick.3. Why not?
Several reasons:1. It's totally untrue.2. I beleive that Phil has it in for Erick.3. Why not?
You are a complete joke, you think your opinion is always right. It is disgusting, Phil did nothing wrong. I used to really like you as a player until you thought you were better than everyone else. You are a pompous *******, gg.
You are a complete joke, you think your opinion is always right. It is disgusting, Phil did nothing wrong. I used to really like you as a player until you thought you were better than everyone else. You are a pompous *******, gg.
Who doesnt think their opinion is always right?duh
if phil has it in for eric, shouldnt eric deal with it? Im guessing there has to be more to this story than this simple article which I cant figure out what really has DN so bat crazy about.
sounds like a pompous staement to me. *shrug* I guess it's okay when you do it though.

I really don't even see what was so bad about what DN wrote in his blog regarding Gordon. It was just stretched out that DN sees Gordons assesment on Lindgren way freaking off. After the little I know of Eric's game I was actually thinking "what the hell is he thinking" when I first read Gordons article. I didn't take Daniels blog as being all that beligerent just a why is someone at your level belittling the game of someone at Lindgrens level. I don't know if the blog was intended to imply that GOrdon is a donk but again if you ask me Gordon's article being so off based made him seem a little donkish.

Who ever thinks their opinion is wrong? Negreanu and Lindgren are really good friends. Phil Gordon made comments about Erick's poker play. He felt Phil was off base and made his statements. I think he might have been a little condescending to Phil Gordon in my opinion* but I don't think he was trying to act superior or anywhere near the level people take these things. Just defending Erick's play from off-base statements.Actually I think he said everything I just said and so my opinion* on the matter makes no difference.*Opinions may or may not be correct.

Wow, DN comes off as a complete DISGRACE in his blog and in this thread, and Phil Gordon comes off as a complete CLASS ACT.DN should be very ashamed of himself after this stunt.It's sad when most people on YOUR message board and in YOUR thread support the guy you're bashing.

You know, all Daniel had to do was politely and firmly disagree with Phil. Instead he implied that Phil Gordon couldn't hold Erick's jock ("My friend could beat you up!"), utilized some pretty lame rhetoric ("WHAT?????"), and ended up coming off like a middle schooler. I'm a fan of yours, Mr N., which is why I waste so much of my time in the SickThread on your website, but you truly come across as immature and classless. Phil showed up and responded with an ordered, well thought out, completely calm response, which was something I'm sure alot of people here are disappointed you couldn't manage yourself. Just grow up a little, learn to defend people (others and yourself) without becoming so DEFENSIVE. People will have a LOT more respect for you.Can you imagine Chip Reese (or John Juanda for that matter) responding like you did? WangPS- Come say hi in the OT thread "I called in sick today" and I'll give you a little hug and make it up to you. Huggles, all around.

Wow, talk about an overreaction DN. You massively exaggerated Phil's article and warped it to make Phil Gordon out to be some sick maniac looking to destroy Erick Lindgren. There were obviously no malicious intentions in Phil's article. Anybody with solid reading comprehension skills could see that.For one thing, I believe Erick should defend himself if he wishes to do so. He's a big boy and doesn't need you to stand up for him. He doesn't seem to be the weak, defenseless type.Disagreeing with an article is one thing. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, even "non-professional" players such as Phil. You don't seem to subscribe to that philosophy. Yours is more along the lines of, "My opinion is right and anybody who disagrees with me is wrong." Sometimes, you make David Sklansky look modest and humble. However, personally attacking the writer of the article and questioning his integrity is another. I thought you'd act a bit more mature than the typical forum troll. It is admirable to see Phil handle your attack in a classy manner and not sinking to your level of mudslinging and personal attacks.Over the last week or two, you have posted some really absurd comments and videos. First, it was the hissy fit you threw over Joe Rogan. Then, the blackface act and now this.

I'm gonna have to side on Phil's side on this one. Phil wrote an article with a mild self-deprecating critique of your good buddy and you've come back with an obviously vicious attack on Phil (while claiming your reply is tempered properly :club: ,,,it's not it's assaultingly arrogant). Could it be a re-visit with the God blog is in order!!!???? :D