Phil Gordon Losing His Mind

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Phil's book he talks alot about prepping for his play by 'catagorizing' a player so he can exploit their weaknesses later.In E-Dog's book he talks about gambling it up early to either get some chips, he's not afraid to go broke early. He also has a general generalization of players that he plays accordingly.Seems like Phil may have said the right thing, with slightly less then perfect phrases, which got DN's goat. But I think his response is first class.I must admit that when I have played against pros or semi-pros (rarely) I try to act like a bad player, fumble chips, say raise instead of bet, to make them catagorize me wrongly.Plus you got to give it to Phil, 2-3 seasons with Celebrity Poker, watching/commenting on how those genuises play, it's a wonder he's sane at all.

anyone who isn't a knob gobbling DN fan boy can see that PG wasn't being malicious towards EL.Pardon the world for having an opinion different than yours Daniel.Next thing you know, you'll be cavorting with the Christians...oh wait, nevermind.

I'll settle this.Phil...Daniel.....RO SHAM BO - off!Best 4 out of 5, loser has to run from Caesars to Bellagio...NAKED. :club:
I bet this is the only time you'd root against Daniel.

I don't really have a problem with Phil's article. What I don't understand is, if you spot a weakness in someone's game, why would you discuss the strategy you plan to use to exploit it in a public article?

Drama bomb on the way.Poker is going to be like hip hop beefs.DN is Eminem, Team Full Tilt is G-Unit, Greg Raymer is Fat Joe, blogs are like mix tapes and freestyle burns can be like "Your mom overvalues AJ off suit in early position."Welcome to the forums Phil. I really hope this doesn't get childish.

I don't really have a problem with Phil's article. What I don't understand is, if you spot a weakness in someone's game, why would you discuss the strategy you plan to use to exploit it in a public article?
That's what he gets paid for.

Gotta side with Phil on this one as well. DN, as he frequently does, appears unable to critically examine an issue without clouding the discussion with his personal biases.Plus, you can't call someone a "buffoon," misspell it, then accuse them of not proofing their work, without looking like a complete tool.

That's what he gets paid for.
I thought he was talking about the strategy that he would personally use, a if he would actually do it the next time they are in the same game together.Maybe I misunderstood.

For some reason I feel compelled to comment on this thread. In case nobody noticed before, DN tends to get a bit heated on occasion and spit fury unto those that disagree with him. Despite being a huge fan of DN, I think he needs to learn to chill out. His blog WAS an attack on PG and I don't think it was merited. Relax DN! Why do you take everything so personally?? Phil is an author (like yourself) and is entitled to his opinion! PS I came 32nd in the Stars 25K last night. 2-2<10-7. Shoulda laid it down!!!

Does anyone know where we can read Phil's full article?

Daniel, the people who post on this forum are your fans and so they almost always agree with you. I'm a big fan myself. Everyone here is pro-Daniel, so don't you find it a little disconcerting when so many of your loyal fans disagree with you? Maybe you should think about that. Stop attacking people who have a right to their opinions. Not that I feel I have to defend PG, he did quite a good job on his own. (was it the real Phil?)PS-Can I stay at your pad while in Vegas? We could hang out. :club:

Daniel, the people who post on this forum are your fans and so they almost always agree with you. I'm a big fan myself. Everyone here is pro-Daniel, so don't you find it a little disconcerting when so many of your loyal fans disagree with you? Maybe you should think about that. Stop attacking people who have a right to their opinions. Not that I feel I have to defend PG, he did quite a good job on his own. (was it the real Phil?)
If that wasn't the real Phil, it is the most patient joke account of all-time. Check his join date; it was two years ago.But I agree with you. Daniel overreacted and Phil responded respectfully. It's too bad; I would've liked to have seen another e-fight with 268 accompanying threads about it.
Its in the recent Bluff issue with Jen Harman on the cover.
Thanks.
Drama bomb on the way.Poker is going to be like hip hop beefs.DN is Eminem, Team Full Tilt is G-Unit, Greg Raymer is Fat Joe, blogs are like mix tapes and freestyle burns can be like "Your mom overvalues AJ off suit in early position."Welcome to the forums Phil. I really hope this doesn't get childish.
Hahaha! Funny ****.. raymer being fat joe lol.

DN's my favorite poker player, Phil's my favorite poker author. I'm torn. I think DN probably overreacted a little bit, and I think that Phil probably isn't as good as Erick. DN's assessment in his reply to Phil's post seemed accurate to me. Phil probably tries to come off as more humble as he really is. Frankly, I'd like to hear Erick's take on all this.

Phil wrote an article that spoke of Lindgren's play.Daniel didn't overreact I'd say, he just spoke his mind.Phil responded.Big deal.Back to OT.

" I did say that it's ridiculous for a guy of his skill level to critique a player that is more accomplished, more respected, and just plain better than he is."Daniel, this comment makes it seem like anyone not as good as someone else cant critique their play in anything! Phil Simms isn't as good as Peyton Manning, never was. But he can't critique his play? He's not at Manning's skill level, he's not nearly as accomplished, he's not more respected, and he's certainly not better than Manning. Yet if Phil Simms said something like, "Peyton Manning is trying to force the play here a bit. He's lost his patience and he looks sorta desperate," well I wouldn't just throw that away! And also, what about some coaches? Do you think coaches are better than current players? Of course not, or else they'd still be playing. But they can give advice.You wrote a blog awhile ago stating how you didn't like how cocky you were becoming. This reeks of what you were talking about. It's great you have so much passion, but words hurt sometimes.