Prtypsux Owning The Bubble In Lapc $2500

here's the deal. first, he might have had the best hand. second, he picked a great spot against another player with a lot of chips.it's not that sick, it's not that great. it's just a pro move that most people on this forum will salivate over/make fun of depending on how it works out.my guess is daniel would pooh-pooh this kind of move in most situations, but that doesn't make it wrong.
It was a sick play. Risking all your chips, on the bubble, when your top 5 in chips, in quite a large tournament, if you don't see that as sick, what do u call sick?
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a sick play. Risking all your chips, on the bubble, when your top 5 in chips, in quite a large tournament, if you don't see that as sick, what do u call sick?
no. in that spot, it was a carefully weighed risk executed in the moment against a guy who didn't want to go broke or nearly broke. he wouldn't do that with $30,000 in chips.if you can't play like that in a tournament against active players (and if the people you're playing against aren't total donks who will call with whatever), you can't get that many chips and you can't slow the guy down who keeps raising every pot as this guy must have been.it's not sick. not "sick" like making a weight bet, or putting 20k on a coin flip. it's "sick" like, "nice play, man." nothing more.

This type of play shouldn't surprise anyone, JC has never been afraid to put his stack in the middle if he feels someone will fold. Kid is a sick tourney player, I really hope he takes this thing down.edit: I heard from him 2 nights ago via pm, and he let me know that he doesn't have an internet connection, so he probably won't be on the boards. I'll try to call him later to see if I can get some text updates.

JUAN ALVARADO 131900 2 6 ALEXANDER BALANDIN 114000 1 9 <-ZeeJustinGARY NAJARYAN 99500 1 2 GREGORY WYNN 98800 3 4 TAE BAIK 88000 2 4 KEVIN ODONNELL 87400 1 6 HUNG TRAN 75700 3 8 DENNIS MCCONAUGHY 70400 1 4 JUSTIN BONOMO 63300 3 2 <-ZeeJustinCHRISTOPHER BIRCHBY 59500 1 7 JAE OK 45600 2 1 JONATHAN SHECTER 33400 3 7 <-ZeeJustinTHOMAS HOVER 33000 3 6 DANNIEL QUACH 32800 1 5 PETER PLACEY 27400 2 9 CAN HUA 24800 1 8 JUSTIN MARSH 24100 2 2 <-ZeeJustinHANS LUND 23400 1 3 ALLEN KESSLER 23300 3 5 HIEU LUU 20700 2 7 SOLO SCOTT 20000 3 3 CHRIS BJORIN 16800 3 9 JEFF CABANILLAS 16700 1 1 JAMES ENGLISH 14500 3 1 <-ZeeJustinHIEU MA 9200 2 5Now thats funny

This type of play shouldn't surprise anyone, JC has never been afraid to put his stack in the middle if he feels someone will fold. Kid is a sick tourney player, I really hope he takes this thing down.edit: I heard from him 2 nights ago via pm, and he let me know that he doesn't have an internet connection, so he probably won't be on the boards. I'll try to call him later to see if I can get some text updates.
Updates would be fun.

can anyone find payouts for the event? i can only find that the last 2 guys that busted got $3420. THe prizepool is over a half mill. Should be over alteast 125k for 1st.

JUAN ALVARADO 131900 2 6 ALEXANDER BALANDIN 114000 1 9 <-ZeeJustinGARY NAJARYAN 99500 1 2 GREGORY WYNN 98800 3 4 TAE BAIK 88000 2 4 KEVIN ODONNELL 87400 1 6 HUNG TRAN 75700 3 8 DENNIS MCCONAUGHY 70400 1 4 JUSTIN BONOMO 63300 3 2 <-ZeeJustinCHRISTOPHER BIRCHBY 59500 1 7 JAE OK 45600 2 1 JONATHAN SHECTER 33400 3 7 <-ZeeJustinTHOMAS HOVER 33000 3 6 DANNIEL QUACH 32800 1 5 PETER PLACEY 27400 2 9 CAN HUA 24800 1 8 JUSTIN MARSH 24100 2 2 <-ZeeJustinHANS LUND 23400 1 3 ALLEN KESSLER 23300 3 5 HIEU LUU 20700 2 7 SOLO SCOTT 20000 3 3 CHRIS BJORIN 16800 3 9 JEFF CABANILLAS 16700 1 1 JAMES ENGLISH 14500 3 1 <-ZeeJustinHIEU MA 9200 2 5Now thats funny
six months ago...
no. in that spot, it was a carefully weighed risk executed in the moment against a guy who didn't want to go broke or nearly broke. he wouldn't do that with $30,000 in chips.if you can't play like that in a tournament against active players (and if the people you're playing against aren't total donks who will call with whatever), you can't get that many chips and you can't slow the guy down who keeps raising every pot as this guy must have been.it's not sick. not "sick" like making a weight bet, or putting 20k on a coin flip. it's "sick" like, "nice play, man." nothing more.
www.jam-fly.justgotowned.comNice.
This type of play shouldn't surprise anyone, JC has never been afraid to put his stack in the middle if he feels someone will fold. Kid is a sick tourney player, I really hope he takes this thing down.
Indeed. He makes this type of play daily online. I think it would have even a higher success rate in this instance. GJ & GL JC :club:
more like a year, and some jokes never get old... like you
0/2 novella, but thanks for shopping.one more swing, make it a good one now.edit- GL to PrtyP
Sorry MisterB, that counts as your 3rd.
Did you just call me MisterB? Please take that back immediately.I was trying to agree with you, in my own odd way, that it was an incredibly dumb post."It never gets old...like you." Whammy!
Did you just call me MisterB? Please take that back immediately.I was trying to agree with you, in my own odd way, that it was an incredibly dumb post."It never gets old...like you." Whammy!
I wasn't calling you MisterB, I thought he needed backup.I take it back.MisterB, you get one more swing.Let's stay on topic here though.Go PrtyP!
Alright then, show me sicker play in poker?
Alright then, show me sicker play in poker?
Guys there is no point in debating it, all we have is what JC had, we dont know if this guy had Ace high or all the other circumstances surrounding the hand reads, history etc. Bottom line is there is no point knocking it or calling it the best play ever. It was a good move from the info given but really who knows? Gl to him though, looks like a possible big score.