This Always Seems To Happen When Im In A Big Tournament

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP1 (t2020)MP2 (t2830)Hero (t2130)CO (t1920)Button (t1650)SB (t2410)BB (t3660)UTG (t3315)UTG+1 (t330)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Adiamond.gif, Aheart.gif. 4 folds, Hero raises to t150, 1 fold, Button calls t150, 2 folds.Flop: (t375) Qspade.gif, 6diamond.gif, 2club.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets t220, Hero calls t220.Turn: (t815) 8diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets t450, Button raises to t1280, Hero calls t830.River: (t3375) Kclub.gif(2 players)Final Pot: t3375Results in white below: Hero has Ad Ah (one pair, aces). Button has Qd Kh (two pair, kings and queens). Outcome: Button wins t3375.

I have seen way worse, but that definatly sucks. I think the only thing you can do is say nice hand, and move on. Bad beats are going to happen, you have to learn to accept it. I used to get so steamed, but I have just dealt with the fact that it is part of the game. Think about it for a moment, and move on to the next hand or the next tournament...

I would be check-raising the flop 9to 500 or so), rather than check-calling. That oughta weed out the drawers. I can totally understand why you might want to slowplay AA, esp with that flop.As they say, "I'd rather win a small pot with AA, than lose a big pot"

The reason why I slow played the flop was because there were no draws on the flop. If the board had two suits or two straightening cards, I would have raised this flop to make them pay a price for their draws