Bankroll-3rd Report

still climbing the poker stars money lader--My BR at $33.87 today -thats 7000% ROI since I started on Feb 1=652%/day and 65%/ hour =currently at 10-20cents omaha8, 7stud and7stud8=started yeaterday at 02/04 nlhm and had a couple of setbacs=its a big adjutment from limit to nl cash game but doing ok now=had very limited experience -almost none- in nl cash games=not quite the same as nl trney play=see you tommorow-hate you all-cactus222

still climbing the poker stars money lader--My BR at $33.87 today -thats 7000% ROI since I started on Feb 1=652%/day and 65%/ hour =currently at 10-20cents omaha8, 7stud and7stud8=started yeaterday at 02/04 nlhm and had a couple of setbacs=its a big adjutment from limit to nl cash game but doing ok now=had very limited experience -almost none- in nl cash games=not quite the same as nl trney play=see you tommorow-hate you all-cactus222
I dont know man... 33 bucks is hard to top.Wait! I just checked in my truck and had 33 bucks in change! Wooooooo Hooooooo!
I dont know man... 33 bucks is hard to top.Wait! I just checked in my truck and had 33 bucks in change! Wooooooo Hooooooo!
how long have you owned the truck?by the way if anyone contacts [dingas ]. thank him for me, good thread in strat session on 7stud8, only one I could find= just placed in the money on stars in fpp tourney. see you all manana=cactus 222

I actually enjoy hearing about someone building from basically nothing. Much as we'd all like to play $10/$20 NL and FT tournaments every day like BKice and others on here, it's not a reality for everyone. Congrats on your ROI, that's impressive at any stakes. I've said this on here a few times before, but not sure if anyone has actually looked into it. There's a small site out there, Tropical Poker, that is great for BR building. Freerolls range from $25 to $500 daily, and they max players is around 800 for the $500 tourneys. Once you can get a little cash on there, cash games are super soft. I know, everyone has their little secret, and Tropical is mine, but I don't mind sharing it with FCPers, since many of you have unknowingly helped my game over the past 1+ year. Check it out if you're forced into being a true grinder, and congrats on the run so far.-CD

yeah, im actually having fun reading this guys updates. I think it would be hella cool if he turned his 48cents into even $500 dollars or even more. but maybe you should just update the original post or better yet, start a blog with frequent updates and stats on which games you played, what limits, etc...idk, JMHO

see you tommorow-hate you all-cactus222
:club:

I can relate somewhat. I nearly busted by br after a cashout last year. Stayed true to my vow never to reload and have built up from $13 to over $4k now including $T. It's taken some time but has been worth it for me. Have learned valuable br management lessons...and a few more tricks on the way up. It has been so tempting to move up more quickly than my br allows but when I think about doing it I go back and read this blog by Bluescouse 88% concentrationBankroll management at its craziest! It straightens me up in a hurry.

I'm in the middle of a similar BR building process. I cashed out a bunch in the fall for car repairs, and then went on a variance fueled downswing. That lead to tilt, and end result, my stars account had exactly $4.40 in it about 3 weeks ago.So, I bought in to a 4/180 for my last penny and cashed for just over $8. I then played $1 STT turbosfor a bit, and when I got to $50, started playing 3+.40 STT turbos with the occasional 4.40/180 thrown in. I'm up to $150 right now. I play maybe 10 hours per week. That's a 34-fold increase in my BR in about 30 hours of play. I'm moving up to $6 STT turbos when I hit $180. I still mix in the occasional 4/180. I like threads like this. Keep it up. Updating the OP is probably better, but who really cares anyway? Not like anyone is bookmarking the original.BTW: I've found the best micro BR builders are either the 3+.40 STT turbos, or the $5 PLO8 full ring games. I've used both for that purpose in the past. I'm in a tourney frame of mind right now so it's all STT turbos right now, but those PLO8 games are super extra juicy if you have any ability to read the board in O8.

It has been so tempting to move up more quickly than my br allows but when I think about doing it I go back and read this blog by Bluescouse 88% concentrationBankroll management at its craziest! It straightens me up in a hurry.
That guy (the blogger that is) is a complete tool - hard not to read his posts and not clench fists...Edited to add: Just read the last month's posts and see that he's finally broke. Wonder how his parents would feel knowing their son blew that much money - moreso considering the financial state they are in. Just sickening.
I'm in the middle of a similar BR building process. I cashed out a bunch in the fall for car repairs, and then went on a variance fueled downswing. That lead to tilt, and end result, my stars account had exactly $4.40 in it about 3 weeks ago.So, I bought in to a 4/180 for my last penny and cashed for just over $8. I then played $1 STT turbosfor a bit, and when I got to $50, started playing 3+.40 STT turbos with the occasional 4.40/180 thrown in. I'm up to $150 right now. I play maybe 10 hours per week. That's a 34-fold increase in my BR in about 30 hours of play. I'm moving up to $6 STT turbos when I hit $180. I still mix in the occasional 4/180. I like threads like this. Keep it up. Updating the OP is probably better, but who really cares anyway? Not like anyone is bookmarking the original.BTW: I've found the best micro BR builders are either the 3+.40 STT turbos, or the $5 PLO8 full ring games. I've used both for that purpose in the past. I'm in a tourney frame of mind right now so it's all STT turbos right now, but those PLO8 games are super extra juicy if you have any ability to read the board in O8.
if you want to build a roll on stars, follow this man's advice.

My bankroll, which now pays my rent and bills (though I still have a job etc - I'm not crazy), started from a nickel that I won on Everest Poker in March of 2006. In August I got 500 from the moneymaker freeroll on stars. So yeah, I'm something of a success story, having never made a deposit. Running bad at the moment though. lol As for this guy's $33, it's definitely enough to grind your way back, though one bad game or tilt session could hurt a lot. I was lucky in that on everest poker, by the time I had $1, I could start using bankroll management (they have very micro sng's).

It's very cool that you're building your roll, but do you need to start a new thread every day? Why not just update the first thread you made? Congrats and GL though.
dont know how im new here-cactus
thanks=cactus
That guy (the blogger that is) is a complete tool - hard not to read his posts and not clench fists...Edited to add: Just read the last month's posts and see that he's finally broke. Wonder how his parents would feel knowing their son blew that much money - moreso considering the financial state they are in. Just sickening.
somebody out there loves ya/ im shure=cactus