Ethics Question

Playing in a live 1/2NL game this weekend when a woman that I am sitting to accidently flashes me her cards. I have KQ and she has Q9. Well after the flop she and I are the only one's in the pot. The board reads something like 2-6-7.She bets big and I call, the turn is a J and she bets big again.Knowing that she has nothing and the she is betting on a pure bluff... Do I take advantage of her since I know what her cards are?

If you are not going to take advantage, may I ask why you called a "big bet" on the flop with nothing?
Well I ended up calling the turn and betting out a huge amount when the queen came on the river. I took down like a $250 pot but after that I felt a little bad.

Split the difference if you feel REALLY guilty and just reraise her all-in. You know she can't call and you limit her losses. This strategy depends, of course, on how hot she is. If she's a cow, milk her.

I am a very morale person.I see no harm in smooth calling her all the way down with K high.I would probably tell her I saw her cards, and raise all in on the turn to make sure she didn't hit a 9.Nobody would ever have to in poker though. Protecting your hand is part of the game.

Knowing that she has nothing and the she is betting on a pure bluff... Do I take advantage of her since I know what her cards are?
Yes.If you want to be a good guy, tell her in a general way that you can sometimes see her cards.
I am a very morale person.I see no harm in smooth calling her all the way down with K high.I would probably tell her I saw her cards, and raise all in on the turn to make sure she didn't hit a 9.Nobody would ever have to in poker though. Protecting your hand is part of the game.
Wow.... lets bet her out intead of letting her bluff the river. Certainly don't want to let her get the 3 outer.

From the final hand of the recently played Borgata Winter Open:116. Kelley raises to $550,000 and Hennigan makes the call. The flop comes 733 and Hennigan checks. Kelley bets $700,000 and Hennigan makes the call. The turn is the A and Hennigan checks. Kelley bets $700,000 again and Hennigan again calls. Kelley accidentally exposes his hand of Q7. The hand is declared live and the river is the 3. Hennigan moves all in and Kelley makes the call. Hennigan shows the A5 for a better full house and wins the pot.Chuck Kelley finishes the tournament in 2nd place and earns $849,082.John Hennigan wins the Borgata Winter Open, an entry into the WPT Championship and $1,606,223.

116. Kelley raises to $550,000 and Hennigan makes the call. The flop comes 733 and Hennigan checks. Kelley bets $700,000 and Hennigan makes the call. The turn is the A and Hennigan checks. Kelley bets $700,000 again and Hennigan again calls. Kelley accidentally exposes his hand of Q7. The hand is declared live and the river is the 3. Hennigan moves all in and Kelley makes the call. Hennigan shows the A5 for a better full house and wins the pot.
Wow - there's a couple levels thinking going on there, depending on how much they had left behind come the river.

If you were going out of your way to get a look at her cards, then you should let your conscience be your guide. (and you will be struck dead by a bus).But tell me, what is the difference between you accidentally getting a peek at her cards and getting a read on what she is holding from other means like betting patterns, how she puts her chips in the pot, nervous hands, blushing - - - perhaps a beat of sweat dripping down one greasy make-up caked cheek???It is all about information, well not ALL, but a lot. You get your info without doing something illegal, immoral, against the rules, etc. . . . it is just information.Would you tell her that everytime she bluffs, her ears go bright red?? Hell no!!!Take the $$$ and runCheers!!

lol we can always use a little extra morale!
Well I ended up calling the turn and betting out a huge amount when the queen came on the river. I took down like a $250 pot but after that I felt a little bad.
If you felt bad about taking some ones money you shouldn't be playing poker!

i played in a limit game in a firehouse a couple years ago where the blinds were 5/10 but u could also bet or raise five or ten whenever u want on any street. i guess it's spread limit. regardless this old guy who was being an assholes cards were constantly being able to be seen through his glasses. he was a **** so he was properly milked. i didn't feel real good about it, but i'd do it again.

You could tell her the truth by saying, "I know exactly what you have" and then raise. It's true but she might not believe you and come back over the top. Now you can take down the pot guilt free.