I haven't been doing my duty as a good forum member (as I haven't posted one in a while), so I thought I'd post a somewhat interesting one from tonight...Bodog 5/10 NLHE (6-handed)UTG $1085MP $434CO $4251Button $2383SB $807Cobalt $1894Cobalt is BB w/ T :D 8 :club:. I'm probably viewed as TAG. UTG is generally somewhat TAG, but he's raised the last 3 rounds from that position. CO is fairly loose and aggressive...but telegraphically so. Button is somewhat LAG but thinking.Pre-flop:UTG raises to $30, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, Cobalt callsFlop ($125): 8 :) Q :) 3 :D (4 players)Cobalt checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checksTurn ($125): 4 :D (4 players)Cobalt bets $75, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 foldRiver ($275): 5 :D (2 players)Cobalt checks, CO bets $275, Cobalt callsFinal Pot: $825Just a disclaimer...obviously, I'm not happy calling with this hand pre-flop, but with the odds I'm getting against a line-up of opponents (and these stack sizes) that I've got read decently, I'm pretty sure it's a call.

EDIT: I'm not really an AM person, which explains why I misread the entire post. I thought the hero bet out the flop and then check-called the turn. Everything I said is irrelevant.I take the same line here. NH.

I like it. River check is to gain value from missed draws which bet hopring hero is weak and can't call a big bet. 99-jj never bets this river because hero has a weak Q too often. You must remember that hero bet turn into 4 players which shows strength. In my opinion villian has a set or a missed diamond or club draw. I take the same line here excpecting the pot to come my way after i call most of the time.

I like it. River check is to gain value from missed draws which bet hopring hero is weak and can't call a big bet. 99-jj never bets this river because hero has a weak Q too often. You must remember that hero bet turn into 4 players which shows strength. In my opinion villian has a set or a missed diamond or club draw. I take the same line here excpecting the pot to come my way after i call most of the time.
I think this bolded comment is very wrong. If I am the UTG player and I have JJ, I'm gonna value bet the river. That being said, I'm also probably betting that flop, but checking it is also a line that I'd take.I was playing 5/10 at the Bellagio about 2 months ago when a fairly similar hand came up.I was in the BB with T8o (I like this hand for some reason)EP raiser makes it 40, is called twice and I call.Flop is Qxx, no draws obvious.It checks around.Turn is a TI check, preflop raiser bets 80.The other 2 players fold and I call.River pairs the Q (yes, I know that this makes it less likely that he has a Q and hence, an easier call for me)I check and he bets 250.I call, he tables AK, hand over.I like the way you played the hand. His line doesn't make sense if he has a Q. He might have a set of Qs, but other than that, you're up against a hand you're beating.
going for the check raise on the flop?
Not particularly, no. I mean, it might work, but it's also semi-suicidal in this spot.As for the hand, I'm glad we seem to be in agreement. When he calls the turn, I'm mostly saying, "No diamond...I'll check/call almost any non-diamond river." I also didn't particularly want to see a club, but I kind of figured he would've bet a club draw on the flop. His bet-size on the river also said to me, "Please fold," more than it said, "I'm betting big for value."
What's your line if a diamond hits the river?
Most likely weep and check/fold. (Though if it happens to be the Td, it makes the decision all the tougher.)
What about a non-diamond Ace or King?
Those are definitely ugly cards. The problem is figuring out which one is the ugly one...cause I doubt they'd both be bad. If one of those rolls off and he makes this same bet size on the end, calling or folding probably become about equal.
Most likely weep and check/fold. (Though if it happens to be the Td, it makes the decision all the tougher.)
I am a knuckle head why not just lead out.... are you waiting for a non horrible turn?
I am a knuckle head why not just lead out.... are you waiting for a non horrible turn?
Uhh...cause we'd like some info? Also, if I put myself in my opponents' shoes, I probably raise a donkbet from the blinds with or without a hand.As for the hand, it's probably less interesting than I thought...and fairly standard. I think I posted it as a result of trying to get used to playing 5/10. As for the results, villain mucked Kd9d and I won the pot.
Uhh...cause we'd like some info? Also, if I put myself in my opponents' shoes, I probably raise a donkbet from the blinds with or without a hand.As for the hand, it's probably less interesting than I thought...and fairly standard. I think I posted it as a result of trying to get used to playing 5/10. As for the results, villain mucked Kd9d and I won the pot.
What do you do if he raises the turn? If you call, what do you do if he raises turn and fires again at the river?
What do you do if he raises the turn? If you call, what do you do if he raises turn and fires again at the river?
I probably can't stand a raise on the turn due to the potential pressure with a vulnerable hand. So I'm typically folding there unless it's something odd like a min-raise...in which I might call and see what goes down on the river.
I probably can't stand a raise on the turn due to the potential pressure with a vulnerable hand. So I'm typically folding there unless it's something odd like a min-raise...in which I might call and see what goes down on the river.
If you were the villain, would you have raised the turn with the diamond draw?
If you were the villain, would you have raised the turn with the diamond draw?
Depends on my evaluation of the bettor. It's not a bad play to raise, but he's erring on the side that I'm stronger than I am. (It's quite possible that I might've been going for a check-raise on the flop.)
Hey Cobalt,I would squeeze or fold preflop (probably squeeze here given the history).I like how you played it postflop, especially the river.
Long time no see, stranger.A squeeze is an interesting proposition. It's not a line that I take often in a cash game, but it certainly deserves some thought. I think the factors that go against it are that the raise is coming from UTG (even though he's done this several rounds in a row), he picked up not just one but two loose callers, and the stacks are quite deep. Also, I should've mentioned it before, but I'd seen CO smooth-call with either AA/KK in a similar scenario before. So again, I don't hate it, but there's enough factors here to generally influence me on the cautious side. Most of the time, I think what would happen is that I'd pick up one caller behind and take it with a c-bet on the flop.