Dn - Before You Go Selling Your Lexus And Toyota...

Hey Daniel - that movie sure did a number of you. At any rate, here is some other info for you to consider before you trade your vehicles in for a hybrid:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17080934/site/newsweek/I have been sitting back from a distance watching this global warming debate for quite some time. I must admit that I am still not fully convinced that all of what has happened can be tied to our lust for fossil fuels - in other words, I wonder how much of this was just going to happen anyways? I mean think about it, its not like the earth has been exactly static since day 1.....Additionally, not sure what type of hybrid you will look for, but if it is some type that needs charging from an electricity source, consider perhaps as well the pollution given off by generating stations (especially coal fired ones). So the cure may be worse than the problem.Oh well, just my 2 cents. Will give the movie a look - checked out the website you gave in your blog but even in the footnotes in that site there was a claim that there was not full proof that what was happening was not going to happen anyways, if I read the footnotes right.That Lexus is so damn hot - ain't gonna get that look or performance in a Prius....

What the fu.ck is up with all the double posts?
Hmmin ... I saw that I had left out the word "been" so did a quick edit so wonder if that may have caused it. Sorry about that.

Also, unless you destroy your Lexus and Toyota nothing is going to change. Whoever buys them is going to drive them and let out CO2 into the atmosphere. So really I dont see the point in selling. Also you going and buying two more cars is just letting out even more CO2 than you started with with your origonal cars. Two old cars (someone else driving them) + two hybrid cars (you driving them) > Two old cars (you keeping them).But, on a side note. How much you want for the Lexus?

Ya, DN should really watch the two different episodes of South Park that deal with global warming and Al Gore. Those are two different episodes...
"I'm totally serial"... when I say, look at the charts and you too will be convinced. The "variance" in climate went up and down throughout the millenia, but now it's 4 times as high as it has EVER been...in Millions of years...so either we're running REALLY bad or it's all our fault.
Also, unless you destroy your Lexus and Toyota nothing is going to change. Whoever buys them is going to drive them and let out CO2 into the atmosphere. So really I dont see the point in selling. Also you going and buying two more cars is just letting out even more CO2 than you started with with your origonal cars. Two old cars (someone else driving them) + two hybrid cars (you driving them) > Two old cars (you keeping them).
This only makes sense if you assume that the people who buy his Lexus and Toyota would not have drove other cars had they not purchased them, which would be a silly assumption. Whoever buys them would have been driving cars which let CO2 into the atmosphere either way. DN is now one less person doing this, which = less CO2 in the atmosphere.
Us human beings, Al Gore included though I'm not 100% sold he can be, are pretty arrogant to think we can destroy this planet.
I read the rest before you edited, lol

Daniel this takes the cake! What the F... are you thinking, supporting Al Gore? He is a has been that never did anything positive for the United State of America. His administration was an embarrassment to the American people. And for you to include yourself as one of us is a joke, did you change your citizenship? Please stay out of US politics and stick to poker.

Daniel this takes the cake! What the F... are you thinking, supporting Al Gore? He is a has been that never did anything positive for the United State of America. His administration was an embarrassment to the American people. And for you to include yourself as one of us is a joke, did you change your citizenship? Please stay out of US politics and stick to poker.
Amen
hmm, hundreds of scientists from around the world just released a non-partisan report on global warming which says that we are in fact the cause. guess you all missed that one...
And I am sure that one day long ago the top scientists of the day said the earth was flat too. Have you checked out some of the other links I have provided or done any research on your own (clue - Google is a useful tool)? Or did you miss that one?

As late as 1975 the leading scientific journals, the NY Times and Newsweek were warning us of impending doom because the new ice age was going to severely shorten growing periods and cause global famine.Apparently the ice age came and went, huh?Or, are we subject to cyclical weather patterns?

Wow, the head in the sand crowd is out in full force in this thread. So much so that I'm actually somewhat surprised. Global Warming is real, it's happening and it's scary. Deal with it folks, pull your heads out of the sand.

And I am sure that one day long ago the top scientists of the day said the earth was flat too. Have you checked out some of the other links I have provided or done any research on your own (clue - Google is a useful tool)? Or did you miss that one?
Actually, I am an historian, and the world thinking the earth was flat is just a myth from a book from the 19th century.