Could I Have Gotten Away From This? Or Was I Doomed To Go Broke?

Ill set up the tourny thus far:$150 buy in friendly game with the regulars. Two tables, 16 people total. Starting chips stacks of $5k with the blinds starting at 25/25 with 20 min levels. Only 15 mins into the first level, we have had pocket aces 3 times, using two different decks. Levels now at 25/50, Ive got 4500 and it is folded around to the button who limps. I have AK of spades in the SB and make it 200. The big blind, I have only played with this person a few times, pretty solid player, makes it 400 to go. The button calls, I have played with her for years I know shes got 66-1010. I just call the 200. Flop comes A 3 8 with two spades. Ive got top pair, top kicker, nut flush draw. I check, setting a trap, to the big blind who bets 500, button folds, I just call. The turn brings a blank and I check, he bets 1000, I got into the tank for a min and move all in. I thought about what he could have and put him on the range of JJ, QQ, KK, AA AK or AQ. Those are the ONLY hands he could have reraised me with preflop. After seeing that he bet on both the flop and turn I put him on AK where im free rolling to the nut flush or AQ where Ive got him drawing dead (as Phil Hellmuth would say..... I know he has outs) He insta calls me and flips over AA. Ive been playing for 4 years, and consider myself a decent player, I hate going broke on a bad decision, Id much rather get a suck out then make the wrong play. Could I have done anything different?

could have called the turn and looked at the riv. If your hand doesnt improve muck. Hes betting like his hand is made and trying to get you off the flush draw. I dont think he would put himself in there with just a pair.

How can you put him on AA? 5 times in 30 mins someone is dealt AA and he happens to make a set with the case A on the flop? `
Some how I don't understand why it matters how many times AA had already been dealt, enlighten me?What I do know is, he had AA this time and you went broke

Your hand was really strong on the flop- That was the time to move your chips into the pot. He could of had any set, 2 pair, all kinds of hand that were currently ahead of you. But your redraws made you a favorite against all of those but ace. By the turn, you are now beind those hands. Wrong time to move at the pot

Your hand was really strong on the flop- That was the time to move your chips into the pot. He could of had any set, 2 pair, all kinds of hand that were currently ahead of you. But your redraws made you a favorite against all of those but ace. By the turn, you are now beind those hands. Wrong time to move at the pot
I guess you missed everything I said about knowing 100% what possible hands he could have. There is no way he reraises me preflop with 88 or 33 or A3 or A8. The only hand he could truly have that beat me was AA and I just thought that was HIGHLY unlikely.
Some how I don't understand why it matters how many times AA had already been dealt, enlighten me?What I do know is, he had AA this time and you went broke
Your sitting there knowing that the ONLY hand that someone could have that would have me beat is AA and its been shown that 4 people in the last 30 mins were dealt em and it would have to be the case A on this paticular flop.... doesnt it seem unlikely that hed have it?
Your sitting there knowing that the ONLY hand that someone could have that would have me beat is AA and its been shown that 4 people in the last 30 mins were dealt em and it would have to the case A.... doesnt it seem unlikely that hed have it?
see..I was being sarcastic because you are looking for sympathy when you clearly know that you are ahead too often to fold here.

His having AA is independent of the other times it came up during play. My only problem with your play is your obsession with him not having AA because of prior hands.I admit I'm going broke here too, but I think I would have been all in before the turn.

I'll usually play this hand 2 ways. If I want some pot control then smooth call the flop, get both players involved, and build the pot 3-handed without committing yourself if your worried about going broke. In this scenario I usually wont raise the turn and will try to get to the river. Or if I want to play a big hand, bet or check/raise the flop, put in a big bet on the turn.

I guess you missed everything I said about knowing 100% what possible hands he could have. There is no way he reraises me preflop with 88 or 33 or A3 or A8. The only hand he could truly have that beat me was AA and I just thought that was HIGHLY unlikely.
it is highly unlikely....Youre going broke there no matter what.
if you're going to call the flop, call the turn. you weren't pot committed by any means.
Why would you call. you should want to get all your chips in the middle here. You cant base your deceion on the results
Why would you call. you should want to get all your chips in the middle here. You cant base your deceion on the results
ummm it's early in a tournament and the structure is fairly deep. no need to put the farm on largely a drawing hand at that stage.you want to get your money in when you MADE the flush, not when you're drawing to the flush.