Getting Rid Of The Cars?

If I were DN's agent, I'd be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal nervous about that blog. If Toyota gets wind of the fact that DN is selling the Toyota because he feels it pollutes too much, new sponsors would be kinda nervous about giving him commercial deals in the future.

If I were DN's agent, I'd be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal nervous about that blog. If Toyota gets wind of the fact that DN is selling the Toyota because he feels it pollutes too much, new sponsors would be kinda nervous about giving him commercial deals in the future.
Good thing I'm a not a yes man and would never stand behind a product I don't believe in. Besides, I plan on sticking with Lexus, they offer two hybrids and my wife likes the SUV.
Yea, but closing one door (toyota) only opens another, with the potential to promote for whichever hybrid he chooses. I highly doubt they're too worried about it.
Good thing I'm a not a yes man and would never stand behind a product I don't believe in. Besides, I plan on sticking with Lexus, they offer two hybrids and my wife likes the SUV.
Good choice, the RX400 rides pretty smooth and the GS450 has a 340hp engine with low emissions. Lexus is the luxury version of a Toyota. My mother is the VP for a reputable organization and I've had the pleasure of meeting Al Sr. and on a personal level his son Al Jr. They are both nothing but 100% percent class and really believe in what they are promoting. I know for a fact that Al Jr, drives a Prius and the family is very energy conscious. Al Sr. had/has a great vision for the nation and I too wish he had won in 04.
Fair enough, Principles are important and that's one of the reasons why I admire you so much as not only a poker player, but also as a human being.But if I may, principles don't exactly pay the bills. You're of course listening to the BIGGEST sellout/whore in the world as my on air nickname is "Budweiser" because they're sponsoring my salary. In order for me to get ahead my business, I do what I need to do to make money, and I'm completely comfortable with that. All I guess I'm saying is, companies like the yes men for a reason.....they say yes! When you did your diet pepsi commercial, how many diet pepsi's did you drink? alls I'm saying is, your image is important. And yes, Lexus's kick ***. They're beautiful beautiful cars.
Fair enough, Principles are important and that's one of the reasons why I admire you so much as not only a poker player, but also as a human being.But if I may, principles don't exactly pay the bills. You're of course listening to the BIGGEST sellout/whore in the world as my on air nickname is "Budweiser" because they're sponsoring my salary. In order for me to get ahead my business, I do what I need to do to make money, and I'm completely comfortable with that. All I guess I'm saying is, companies like the yes men for a reason.....they say yes! When you did your diet pepsi commercial, how many diet pepsi's did you drink? alls I'm saying is, your image is important. And yes, Lexus's kick ***. They're beautiful beautiful cars.
When I did the Pepsi commercial, it wasn't a direct endorsement of the product at all. You didn't hear me saying, "I love Pepsi," or anything like that.
When I did the Pepsi commercial, it wasn't a direct endorsement of the product at all. You didn't hear me saying, "I love Pepsi," or anything like that.
oh, I never said you did. But, they still bought your "image" and with all due respect, that's what I'm telling you to protect. When you're saying you're getting rid of your toyota and lexus because they're polluters, then that sends a negative image about a company, especially the one who gave you the truck.
Honda, Toyota and Lexus make the best hybrids at the moment.
Except Lexus is in a class of its own... giving you the environmentally friendly vehicle with the looks, luxury, and overall driving experience. If I was going with "Hybrid" way I'd definitely pick up the GS, I've driven/ridden in it a couple of times and it was a sweet ride, however, you couldn't fit a set of golf clubs in the trunk.

All I know is the minute they invent a hybrid or electric car that looks great, can carry 2 sets of golf clubs, can go zero to 60 in 4 seconds and sounds like a Ferrari doing it, I will be first in line baby!!! :club:

FYI...Lexus is just a division of Toyota.

You should stick the Toyota POY Car on ebay or something and donate like 50% of the sale to the Earth Foundation (I made that up, I dont know any environmental foundations but you get the point)

I drive an SUV, I get 11mph on a good day.So luckily Daniel will cancel my bad milege with his good milege. Thanks man. I feel better.Now if we can just get volcanos to quit spewing more Co2 in one eruption than all internal combustion engine do in 100 years THEN we will get somewhere.Luckily we got a hole in the ozone to let out the Co2.Just being a smart azz though. I think it's right to do what you can to stop pollution at all levels. To do less is irresponsible.But I don't mind global warming, I've always been a lttle cold anyway (Dennis Miller)

You should stick the Toyota POY Car on ebay or something and donate like 50% of the sale to the Earth Foundation (I made that up, I dont know any environmental foundations but you get the point)
How about an FCP tournament for the Tundra?

If you sell the Toyota it solves nothing. Someone else will be driving it and it will still be polluting the environment. You got to kill it. That's right, if you were truly caring about the environment you'd demolish it. Do you realize how long that vehicle will be out there polluting? Years and years and years. Maybe longer than normal cause they'll take good care of it cause DN once owned it. Take it to a salvage yard and video tape them crushing it. That would be setting the ultimate example. Have a news crew there. Make a big deal out of it. You could lose way more than that vehicle is worth in one hand of poker. Is it worth one hand of poker to show people that DN is serious about protecting the environment?

I'm all for saving the environment, but the hybrids currently available are little more than a gesture that does very little. They're like a bumper sticker - it's great to show your support (please don't think I'm understating this) but the effect otherwise is minimal.There are lots of backend costs with hybrids (battery recycling, cost of energy production, etc), and there's lots of debate about how well they work (my 15 year old (gasoline) jetta got better MPG than a new honda hybrid, and hybrids are pretty useless on the highway) but possibly the biggest is: if you're getting rid of a perfectly good car (and IC engines are actually/potentially very energy efficient) to get a hybrid, even if you leave your old car in the back of the garage and don't drive it, you're generating a lot of waste.If you need a new car, and spend most of your driving time in city traffic, then a hybrid may make sense. Otherwise, it may be windowdressing. The right attitude, maybe the wrong action.And Balloonguy - if you had a $10k credit card debt and another $5k credit card debt, and I offered to pay off the $5k one, would you say "No thanks, unless you're paying off the big debt I'm not interested"?

Perhaps before buying a Hybrid perhaps you should read some material from companies that don't manufacture them. There is strong evidence that the carbon footprint of the hybrids available today is not much of an improvement over they standard versions of the vehicles. The disposal of the batteries are an issue that Toyota and Honda tend to ignore, these are a very serious environmental issue. You should perhaps look a investing in a Mercedes diesel as most non biased research show there technology to be more environmentally friendly and efficient.