• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know most people univerally hate Michael Bay, but I always enjoy his movies.
He's done some good stuff, and then he's done some not so good stuff. I will say right now though. If he fucks up Transformers. I will never see one of his movies ever again.
Name a movie that the majority of film critics, or society in general think are terrible, but you actually enjoy.I pick Waterworld
I pick Waterworld too.
I think Waterworld was pretty decent.
post-apocalyptic Costner movie
5thedWaterworld, especially the extended directors cut, is really good.
I watched Siskel and Ebert lampoon Harry and the Henderson because: "It is an affront to the true Big Foot legend" and they gave it a mixed one up one downsame episode they gave Witches of eastwick two thumbs up.
The Witches of Eastwick is a terrible terrible movie.
O Brother Where Art ThouGreat flick that got terrible reviews when it came out. EW gave it an F.
I don't believe you. Please post a link. How the hell could anyone give that movie anything less than an A-.I searched around EW.com and rottentomatoes.com and I found the guy that gave it a bad review (It is no longer linked to the EW site, and the rating isn't available).Owen GleibermanThis moron also gave a solid A to "From Hell" and the new "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"... so he's just a moron.
I don't believe you. Please post a link. How the hell could anyone give that movie anything less than an A-.I searched around EW.com and rottentomatoes.com and I found the guy that gave it a bad review (It is no longer linked to the EW site, and the rating isn't available).Owen GleibermanThis moron also gave a solid A to "From Hell" and the new "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"... so he's just a moron.
Or he was upset that George Clooney was named sexiest man alive instead of Johnny Depp.
Or he was upset that George Clooney was named sexiest man alive instead of Johnny Depp.
lol... I was thinking the same thing.
Rocky 5, i personally thought it was great.
my head just exploded. Rocky 5? yikes.I vote for Major League (if we are going by critics....this movie was panned)Also, the Wizard. (You got 50,000 points on Double Dragon!?!??!?!?)

Showgirls is strangly compelling. I got new apperciation for it when a writer for the seattle's "The Stranger" did a screening of it, where he did, like, the commentary track. Hilarious, and gives you new appearcation for it. But in honesty, camp value is high for this movie.Joe V Volcano I loveit, great call!The 'Burbs.. another overlooked hanks classic. Absolutely slays me.Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey... the movie refrences freaking the Seventh seal, for god's sake!The Fifth Element. I don't know how it was recieved, and I know alot of people whom like it. But when Iw as a freshman in college, I convinced a bunch of my dormmated to go se the movie at our campus theatre, as I had seen it and loved it. Every single one of them hated it, thought it was stupid, completely didn't get the brillance of it, and mocked me for the rest of the year over it.Get ready for the Transformers fuk up, btw.

Showgirls is strangly compelling. I got new apperciation for it when a writer for the seattle's "The Stranger" did a screening of it, where he did, like, the commentary track. Hilarious, and gives you new appearcation for it. But in honesty, camp value is high for this movie.Joe V Volcano I loveit, great call!The 'Burbs.. another overlooked hanks classic. Absolutely slays me.Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey... the movie refrences freaking the Seventh seal, for god's sake!The Fifth Element. I don't know how it was recieved, and I know alot of people whom like it. But when Iw as a freshman in college, I convinced a bunch of my dormmated to go se the movie at our campus theatre, as I had seen it and loved it. Every single one of them hated it, thought it was stupid, completely didn't get the brillance of it, and mocked me for the rest of the year over it.Get ready for the Transformers fuk up, btw.
I hate, hate, HATE Luc Besson, generally speaking. I'm not going to get into the weird ways I feel about Leon, but otherwise I find his work to be as unwatchable as any ever. I think it's his writting I hate more than the way he shoots the movie. Even still, I loved Fifth Element. Bill and Ted Go To Hell, though, I hate.I think most people like The 'Burbs.
The Fifth Element. I don't know how it was recieved, and I know alot of people whom like it. But when Iw as a freshman in college, I convinced a bunch of my dormmated to go se the movie at our campus theatre, as I had seen it and loved it. Every single one of them hated it, thought it was stupid, completely didn't get the brillance of it, and mocked me for the rest of the year over it.
Actually one of my favorite movies ever. I generally get mocked for that.
I hate, hate, HATE Luc Besson, generally speaking. I'm not going to get into the weird ways I feel about Leon, but otherwise I find his work to be as unwatchable as any ever. I think it's his writting I hate more than the way he shoots the movie. Even still, I loved Fifth Element. Bill and Ted Go To Hell, though, I hate.I think most people like The 'Burbs.Bill and ted's bogus journey,. thank you. very little.
  • 2 weeks later...
The Devil's Own.
Luc Besson did all 3 Taxis and he gets my respect for those.The frst one was awsome ( the french Taxi), the other 2 not so great but not bad. THose are the movies that Taxi (the US version) ripped off last year with Jimmy Fallon and Little Kim.Taxi is about a degenerate Taxi driver that speeds around Paris in a pimped out Reno and then ends up helping the cops, its hillarious and the racing sceenes are really good. Highly reccomemded.
I know I'll lose all my sci-fi cred here, if I ever had any that is, but I like Dune. Especially the Alan Smithee cut with the dude narrator instead of Irulan narrating. I couldn't agree more with the Big Trouble in Little China pick either.
Haha Dune... I'm a closet-Dune fan as well... I liked the books too.. Even though I didn't have a damn clue of what was going onWhat the hell is the spice?
Lol how bout the Batman and Robin with George Clooney?Did Sin City get any bad reviews? Because I thought that was a good movie
Batman and Robin is one of the worst movies EVER!