**official Mma Thread**

1st two were good fights.uber sad face on the salivary loss. Just kinda... idk messed up. If he had a lil more time i think he could worked some good ****.bong bowls and beer for all!!!!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

bad idea.Rampage is old Pride.At least for awhile, and certainly this fight, Dana will dictate that UFC reigns supreme.
ZOCKO -- big score for #7 tonightdecent card tonight, wish there were more big names - hope they don't become like boxers and fight once every 16 months or so
ZOCKO -- big score for #7 tonightdecent card tonight, wish ther were more big names - hope they don't become like boxers and fight once every 16 months or so
lol.yesMy comment was a bit tongue in cheek, as so far, the Pride fighters were getting beat and "Dana wanted to show UFC superiority" Quinten caught Chuck with a Chuck like hookDana has such a stable now.To me it seems there are going to be several bitter fighters as Gonzales, Quinten, Silva and maybe others I cant recall, get higher profile opportuniteisso quick. Then again, it's hard to argue when they kick butt. And on the other hand, Diego bombs in a big chance for him. So, in all, I'd say they know what they are doing.Like this guy fighting Silva in UFC 73. I need to look him up though.

Anybody watching the Belfast ppv? I mean, are they really charging for this one? I may watch it, but thats mainly because I'll be in Myrtle Beach with my parents and my dad will probably want to go out drinking.So let me pose a question: where does Chuck go now? What's his next move? Seems to me he has two options: take about 2 or three fights in light-heavyweight to get back to a title shot there, or move up to heavyweight and take on the winner of the Couture/guywhobeatCroCop fight. Honestly, I think I'd rather see him move up to heavyweight personally, but I doubt he wants to let the loss to Rampage go unchallenged. Maybe move to heavyweight, take the title, then get the shot at light heavyweight and try for both belts at the same time. That would be pretty sweet.Discuss.

Anybody watching the Belfast ppv? I mean, are they really charging for this one? I may watch it, but thats mainly because I'll be in Myrtle Beach with my parents and my dad will probably want to go out drinking.Discuss.
I have no specific thought of Chuck.I will buy this Belfast fight. Kdawg helped sell the fight. Belfast crowds are fanatic and you have Forrest and Franklin, two guys who always make exciting fights. Well who am I kidding, I'll watch any fight. I do want to see the asian again, he's been looking great; but is Mike Swick really a test? Who knows. Until they match up I can't tell you.But back to buying *any* UFC. Dana has me by the balls. Most of us. Which, imo, will lead to resentment and perhaps backlash if we don't start seeing more top contenders and title fights and evidence that fighters can actually progress to a title shot instead of what seems to be a run of newcomers getting shots prematurely. Or, also, seeing the depth of talent I want to see so many more strong matchups and...but maybe I'm just eager and UFC is certainly putting the best product of any fighting ppv to date./nonsensical rantfwiw, look at Karo Parisian v Diego v Josh and figure that out? I still want to know where was Diego that night? Or, where was Karo, it just doesn't add up. I need to see a 8 man welterweight Tourney, now. Right now. $150, I'll pay.
I heard Brock Lesner won his first MMA fight, anyone see it?
I read on another forum he ended up fighting a replacement of the person he was supposed to fight. I'll see if I can find a clip.*Edit, can't find a clip but from what I read he just took the guy down and landed a bunch of punches, nothing that special.
I read on another forum he ended up fighting a replacement of the person he was supposed to fight. I'll see if I can find a clip.*Edit, can't find a clip but from what I read he just took the guy down and landed a bunch of punches, nothing that special.
I dont know who he's fighting, but Brock looks pretty good to mehttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25kyw_br...snarvsminsookim
I heard Brock Lesner won his first MMA fight, anyone see it?
I did -- waste of $34.95 on K-1 Dynamite! show -- bought it mostly for the Royce Gracie - Sakuraba rematch. Lesnar beat an asian judo guy in less than 2 mins, basically tackled him, mounted and pounded him out -- pretty basic, a lot of people think Brock has a bright future, we'll see as he steps up in competition. The Gracie-Saku rematch was boring, 3 5-minute rounds to a decision, nothing like the 90 minute war they had 7 years ago, Royce won the decision in relatively boring fashion. Former Detroit Lion WR Johnny Morton made his mma debut, got knocked out cold in less than a minute or so, taken out on a stretcher, there was a link on espn.com but I don't see it up anymore...

ok I just realized that UFC Belfast is on at 3p.m. est here in the states. thats almost comical. what in the world man.

ok I just realized that UFC Belfast is on at 3p.m. est here in the states. thats almost comical. what in the world man.
Not sure why they didn't put this one on spike tv. The card is pretty weak, and like you say, the time is screwed too...I certainly won't be ordering.
Not sure why they didn't put this one on spike tv. The card is pretty weak, and like you say, the time is screwed too...I certainly won't be ordering.
I'm back and forth hereI'll probably wait and see if it was a solid card and buy then.Probably buy it by-the-fight on the siteI'm more frustrated than anything with all the fights to be had and this is the best card they can do?I guess lots o guys don't want to travel?Of course by next week Kdawg will have me pumped to buy it.The next next PPV looks great though
yep, IFL is on UPN.. it would be better if the announcers didnt suck.
stephen quadros is probably the best MMA announcer in teh biz.I'm a fan of teh IFL. we get to see a lot more fighters and I like that they use a ring. The fighting level is very high quality and I always watch it when it's on
I did -- waste of $34.95 on K-1 Dynamite! show -- bought it mostly for the Royce Gracie - Sakuraba rematch. Lesnar beat an asian judo guy in less than 2 mins, basically tackled him, mounted and pounded him out -- pretty basic, a lot of people think Brock has a bright future, we'll see as he steps up in competition.
IMO Brock has a very bright future. He is a bit beat up from all of the wrestling he did in the fed and in japan, but has spent enough time away from it to recover. He is still young and is an olympic quality wrestler (he didn't go into freestyle or greco-roman because you basically have to give up your life to do it and he knew taht he could get a huge contract from either the WWF, WCW(remember they were still alive when brock came out of college), or NJPW. Brock is also one of the strongest guys already in MMA and if he can adjust to the submission and punching game, he'll be nearly impossible to defeat
I will. The crowd will be white hot and Franklin and Griffen almost never have bad fights. This card isn't as loaded as the next card is, but Tyson Griffen should put on a solid show and the prelim card has some exciting fighters. This is the kind of show where some fighters can possibly put on some very good fights

so who will be the first to die in the UFC?man, ref..get the **** over there a bit sooner!and, Are these guys on 'roids, or they just can't stop fast enough when the dude goes stiff.I swear, some of them get the crazies.

Clay and Tyson, awesomeForrest fought smart, picked him apart, obvious weight cutting had drained himFrankiln controlled his fightI'm not a big fan of his... I mean he's a monster but what's his mo?sincerely, Ignorant Casual Fan74 and 75 cant wait!!

Did Clay Guida get hosed or what? did anybody see that fight going to Tyson Griffin? I sure as hell didn't. Awesome card though, very surprisingly. First time I've seen an Ed Herman fight that I could consider "good" too. Highlights: Griffin/Guida fight, after its over, after 3 rounds, Guida gets up and runs around the ring and a guy in the bar behind me yells "and he's STILL fucking running!"Forrest Griffin coming out to "Shipping up to Boston" in freaking Northern Ireland. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. That crowd loved that boy, I tell you what. Oh, and his post fight interview where he apologized to Ramirez saying "sorry, I know its hard to fight a guy who's running away from you." classic. and Franklin's arm? how does he still have it exactly? I give him a shit ton of credit for sticking through that submission, where a LOT of other fighters would've tapped.

and Franklin's arm? how does he still have it exactly? I give him a shit ton of credit for sticking through that submission, where a LOT of other fighters would've tapped.
yea, that kimura was dead nasty. I seriously don't know how he didn't tap or it didn't get stopped to be honest. Also gotta give props to Tyson Griffen for not tapping to that nasty knee bar too. Guida had that in real deep
yea, that kimura was dead nasty. I seriously don't know how he didn't tap or it didn't get stopped to be honest. Also gotta give props to Tyson Griffen for not tapping to that nasty knee bar too. Guida had that in real deep
yeah...see... I ..uh... I turn my head when kimuras are applied.Can't watch.Dislocated a shoulder more than once. Won't watch those.Until Joe say "He's out!" And then I'll rewind the DVR.

Lesnar fought a complete bum.Some great fights with Fisher vs Stout and Griffin vs Guida, man the LW division is awesome right now. All I need now is for Jens to KO BJ and the UFC to bring back Frankie Edgar. I couldn't give a damn about Chuck to be honest, he spent so much time fighting guys who tried to take him down he forgot about proper boxing technique. I honestly don't know if I'd give him a shot at beating Rampage, nor make headway in the HW division. Crocop KILLS him.