**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Cole Miller off the Dublin card against McGregor, so good news for Cole Miller.

Losing LaFlare, now Miller... watching poor Tom Lawlor getting mugged at LHW... it will be a sad card.

I'm thinking Diego Sanchez +160, Erik Perez -109 for this weekend

Picking diego just because I like how crazy he fights and I want him to win. He is probably the dumbest ufc fighter on twitter

He basically gets into it with other fighters on twitter and always comes out of it looking stupid. Kind of like my experience with FCP

Poor Ross Pearson just got Tannered.

What a horrible decision. He won that fight. Worst decision of the year, Pearson is officially on my 'fighters I give a f**k about' list, great fight, decision was a disgrace.

Always a fun night when you see a 27-30 followed by a 30-27 on the score card

Obvious bad decision, but I do feel like Ross could have tried to maybe finish it more?? I need to watch it again

It was the worst decision I've seen all year.

Hometown crowd + two bit Vitor Belfort impression = additional proof that judging in MMA needs a complete flush and reboot.

UFC on Fox Lawler v Brown is a card I would pay for.

Poor Ross Pearson just got Tannered.

What a horrible decision. He won that fight. Worst decision of the year, Pearson is officially on my 'fighters I give a f**k about' list, great fight, decision was a disgrace.

Really? Person is mostly a boring fighter. Not saying he deserved the L, but he was just throwing one punch at a time. Zero combos. I thought that fight was awful. Sanchez fooled the judges with his flurries at the end of rounds.

Pearson isn't exciting. Rarely, if ever.

I have tickets come with me!

Scram would get you into a fight

If I had to choose the #1 contender match it would be Woodley/Rory winner not Lawler/Brown.

Tbh I don't even know why Dana announced that Lawler/Brown is the #1 contender fight. Whoever looks most impressive in their win out of the 2 fights should get the shot.

That would be 8 wins in a row for brown. Ya gotta throw him something for that. They dropped the ball not giving him better fights early in the streak, but after 8 wins, you deserve a shot. When he beat Pierce, Pierce was in a bit of a roll as well

Matt Brown was in the audience when Dimebag Darrel was shot. Weird.

http://www.mmaweekly...dimebag-darrell

... and why did he get a 4th figth in the UFC after losing 3 in a row? Because standing, the man is an absolute savage and exciting as ****. The promotion recognized him for exactly what he is and has done well managing his 'streak'. Only in his last two fights has he fought against guys who had any submission skills whatsoever. One he KO'd instantly, the other was FOTY Candidate in Silva.

The UFC isn't dumb. Of course they were going to match him against Lawler and not someone with subs or wrestling. 9 of his 11 losses have come by sub. Whenever he fought someone with subs, he got subbed. He wants to stand in there and bang and GnP and is a legit beast- and indicators strongly suggest he has finally seriously addressed that gap in his game- but the Matt Brown win streak comes to an end the first time he gets into the ring with someone who has above average chin but high level BJJ. The upshot for him is that the two guys ahead of him- Lawler and Hendricks- are both bangers too but Hendricks has the wrestling.

WW is clogged as ****, that's for sure.

Also, Cain and Werdum are apparently going to be TUF coaches, meaning that Cain will go one year between his last fight and his next one.

The last time he fought someone who wasn't JDS or Bigfoot was Brock Lesnar in 2010.

The mismanagement of the HWD is the most awful thing going in the UFC.

TUF must not cost a lot because it kind of isn't that great and I'm pretty sure it isn't getting monster ratings, unless it does internationally.

If Pearson wins his appeal does the fight become a no contest? Has that happened in mma before?

From what they're saying, he doesn't stand a chance.

They have to prove some sort of deliberate misconduct or math error and not just incompetence so unless they uncover evidence of a fix or some sort of mistake on the cards (which has happened before), they can't overturn it on the basis of shitty judging.

Cain has twice gotten a major injury after a fight. Don't you think it's been managed that way because they are working around his injuries, and the lack of true contenders?