**official Mma Thread**

In my years as a MMA fan, there have been a few fights I've always wondered about.

If I had to pick one fight that I'm pretty sure was thrown, it would be Lauzon v. Johnson.

He just stood there.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Well played by Howard.

Hall fought an absolute shit fight, wouldn't be surprised to see him sent to Bellator.

Eating dick so far on Miller, Howard and Hall bets.

C'mon late Rua finish.

So, didnt see the Sonnen finish coming

Reem gassed, Brown is an animal

Hall, I mean, he just wants to spar with people and give high fives. Did it in the finale too. Think maybe he hated the way he came off on TUF and is trying to be everyone's friend? It's odd

No way Lauzon throws a fight, much less in his home town. Got hurt early, never recovered

Reem did what reem always does.

Mauls, but if the maulage doesn't stop the fight, he starts to fight his opponent with no respect which is a shitty strategy for someone with a questionable jaw. Well, well played by TB. I couldn't tell if he was throwing those kicks dazed and confused or if he was just a straight stone cold ************ who endured the beating and was able to keep totally cool afterward.

Major blankage on the bets but enjoyed the card.

SERIOUSLY starting to think that Hall doesn't have what it takes to be in the UFC.

Athleticism and skillset is 50%. He has that.

The other 50%, he doesn't seem to have.

If I had to pick one fight that I'm pretty sure was thrown, it would be Lauzon v. Johnson.

He just stood there.

I don't think Lauzon would have let his face get ****ed up so bad if he was throwing it.

Horrific night of betting I had. I had Overeem and Lauzon which were pretty large favorites. I also had Pyle. Won with Faber and Sonnen.

I watched the post fight conference and they addressed how ridiculous it was that the media was talking about Sonnen being washed up. Just lol, his only recent losses are to Silva and Jones. I don't think he should be setting his sights on Wanderlei though. There is not much upside. He is either going to just own a guy who he is going to be a huge favorite against, or Wanderlei is going to get lucky and knock him out. Even though I hate Vitor, that is the fight that makes the most sense right now. Machida can **** off

Belfort v Henderson

Machida v Kennedy at 185. I'm ok with both of these fights

I'm ok with both the fights also... it is just funny how everyone gives Dana shit for constantly giving Vitor Brazil cards and he puts him on another Brazil card.

Free show on Wednesday with a solid main event.

Decent card Saturday. Great main, I like watching Mir and Barnett, but lately Mir is an anti agressive gassed-fest, so who knows. I love jitsu so I have my hopes up for good grappling.

Always enjoy watching Cerrone

I've added no content for you gamblers. I just enjoy the fights

Free show on Wednesday with a solid main event.

Decent card Saturday. Great main, I like watching Mir and Barnett, but lately Mir is an anti agressive gassed-fest, so who knows. I love jitsu so I have my hopes up for good grappling.

Always enjoy watching Cerrone

I've added no content for you gamblers. I just enjoy the fights

I think I'm going to parlay Cerrone and Condit.

Small on this card, one medium on Elkins.

$10 Cummings straight @ -115

$100 Elkins straight @ +115

$20 Dos Anjos by D @ +200

Passing on Condit by Leg Kick Decision straight at -240.

For whatever its worth, I am betting to the point of ruination on Silva taking it back from Weidman. I've already started scaling in at -115 straight on 5 dimes, will eventually get my entire roll in on that fight and very well may dip into what little remaining poker glory days money I've been living off of and put that on Silva, too.

Also, just thinking this over but with the late round finish props laying such insane prices, thats how to throw a fight, if you're going to do it.

You only need to get down like $10K to get back $1mm on some of those (although I suspect you'd raise some major red flags if all of a sudden some random ass prop started getting booked hard.)

UFC fighters don't make huge 'pro athlete' money of other major sports and you only need two complicit parties to make it happen.

Inevitably, some day, a scandal will arise here. Mark my words. Too much money, too tempting, WAY too easy to make happen, not enough brainpower to do it without eventually ****ing up and getting caught (greed, poor planning, ego and boastfulness, etc)

2 for 2 so far.

Should've waited since the line got even tastier on Elkins. Also, I don't regret betting him straight since the premium for D was less than 25% but, ya know. I should've bet him by D since if he was going to win, that's how he was going to win... and he did win, and that's how he won.

Kampmann definitely won the first round.

I don't understand why he didn't just keep doing that for all subsequent rounds, but perhaps he did gas.

Standing and banging with Condit was just awful.

On the ground in R1, he looked great.

Between Rounds 3 and 4, I was actually kinda expecting doctor 'mercy stoppage' ala Texeria/Maldonado. It was getting pretty effing ugly.

Funny, after reading here, first article I see on twitter has a headline of "Kampmann: 'I gassed myself out'"

I wouldn't say striking with Condit is awful for him. He is an accomplished Muay Thai guy

If he was gassed, then that explains it but Condit basically gave him a brand new face after last night.

The "Just Bleed" assclowns were definitely thrilled but for everyone else, that fight was getting to that point where you're just like "Jesus H Christ, someone put a stop to this bullshit..."

My college buddy Chad is going to ruin Clay Guida's life tomorrow. -500 seems quite high though. Chad is going to win... but Guida did beat Anthony Pettis. Chad should be around -250 imo. Other than this fight all the other fights seem to be matched up pretty well based on the odds.

Man do I hope he knocks Guida clean out. For some reason, Guida mostly annoys me.

He's got al, that energy, bouncing around after the 3rd round , all that cardio, but just a bore of a fighter. Didnt do anything to Pettis except lay on top of him. His last fight against Maybard was truly puzzling,

This is it for Guida and me.

He was like my favorite fighter even before he broke in pop culture. Used to watch him fight in Chicagoland MMA before he got signed.

Will not tollerate any more Greg Jackson garbage. He doesn't fight a fight this fight, I'm no longer on the war wagon.

If he does fight like Old Guida, then he is absolved.