**official Mma Thread**

Round 2, but this will be the last fight in Roy Nelson's UFC career.

For the first time, he looks truly old, last fight on his contract, this is it.

Always a fan of that dude but expect the release to be forthcoming.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Round 2, but this will be the last fight in Roy Nelson's UFC career.

For the first time, he looks truly old, last fight on his contract, this is it.

Always a fan of that dude but expect the release to be forthcoming.

Yeah, he needs to be done.

Roy is so one dimensional. That tall Russian shoulda jabbed him into submission. Roy should lose 50lbs and fight at 205 at least once.

Jacare got murdered. Love Whittaker and Jacare. Bet on Jacare

Thug Rose doing her thing.

Height and length isn't a factor until it is. There it definitely was, but Roy gassed way, way early. He's 40, he's fat and the athleticism trajectory in MMA keeps creeping upward. He was the last of a certain breed that will be missed in MMA, but his time has come. Or, he can go to Bellator and probably fight in freakshows until he's 50.

I've been totally asleep on Whittaker all this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Can Bellator 180 sustain a PPV?

It might.

Chael fighting Wanderlei Silva is a grudger that might be fun.

Fedor vs Mitrione, everyone will want to see that.

Chandler vs Primus.

Lima v Larkin

and then Aaron Pico vs Zach Freeman, yet Phil Davis v Bader is on the undercard.

This shows that they have the bench to possibly make viable PPV showings. Throw in a freakshow fight ala Kimbo/Dada (the MMA debut of Undertaker vs some black sumo wrestler), this card will sell

It has now been over a year since Ben Askren last fought (against a guy who missed weight by 14 pounds)

He has 2 fights for all of 2015, 2016 and now 2017.

It's sad to see him get ground down by blacklisting like this.

It has now been over a year since Ben Askren last fought (against a guy who missed weight by 14 pounds)

He has 2 fights for all of 2015, 2016 and now 2017.

It's sad to see him get ground down by blacklisting like this.

He has a contract with a promotion, doesn't he? Why aren't they getting him fights, and why doesn't he push for more fights? Is he over it?

I too googled him and an article from Feb quotes him as saying he wanted to be done with fighting by 30, yet he's currently 32. He isn't long for fighting.

UFC didn't want him because he would gnp/lay on all of the 170's. I'm sure he wanted a ton of money for what DW thought was a boring, antiquated style

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My hope is that it's the biggest dive in combat sports history and both McGregor and Mayweather have it all worked out.

In reality, though, it will be like watching a father boxing against a small child.

Absolutely have to give McGregor some sort of "Playing Your Hand Perfectly" award for doing what he's done with his career. He has played his hand perfectly.

Perfectly.

Everything broke right for that guy. I woulda bet the farm that Aldo was gonna dismantle him with leg kicks. Clips Poirier on the top of the noggin. Totally outclassed Alvarez. Quite amazing.

Odds that Conor crosses the line with the shit talk and says something "off color". I love his rhetoric, as boxing has historically trafficked in race stuff, but Shaun King has already wrote a piece slamming Conor for his racial shit talk. I found that to be stupid

Mayweather opened at -1100. Probably should be -100000.

I predict Mayweather does his late career ultra defensive style for a round, maybe two, and then goes on the offensive and absolutely dismantles him ala his Arturo Gatti TKO6 in 2005.

Good luck getting a large bet down on him, anywhere.

Of course everyone is hoping for that asteroid strike, Connor lands the fluke, Mayweather is old and rusty, takes him for granted, greatest sports story of all time, etc, etc, but I'm considering investing most of my 2017 roll in this.

Mayweather opened at -1100. Probably should be -100000.

I predict Mayweather does his late career ultra defensive style for a round, maybe two, and then goes on the offensive and absolutely dismantles him ala his Arturo Gatti TKO6 in 2005.

He's down to -550, crazy.

Also, the McGregor circus aside, but this upcoming Fight Night (25th) is probably going to be good.

Chiesa v Lee should be a great one since they genuinely hate each other but the card is pretty stacked from a non-casual fan perspective.

BJ Penn v Siver

Guida v Koch

Hendricks v Boetsch

Even the filler fights look good like Means v Garcia, Case v Martin (hunch; bet Martin), Miranda v Vettori, others.

This will be a good card.

Yeah, I give the Irishman a 1/219 chance.

I think if they fought 219 times without aging/changing he'd clip him unconscious one of those times.

Connor's odds are equivalent to: (odds of Mayweather having a heart attack or stroke on stage)+(odds that the fight is fixed/thrown by Floyd) + (1 in a million chance that Connor actually beats Floyd straight up)

I'll take a hard under on 1/219

This is a boxing match between arguably the greatest boxer of all time who has never really come close to losing against a guy who literally isn't even a professional boxer. -550 is an egregious line. There must be money coming in on Connor at +400, which is insane.