**official Mma Thread**

Do 'Reem and Cerrone have any chance this week? I like JDS, but need live dogs for DK, and also don't need to see Cain and JDS a 4th time.

Why the hell is Werdum taking to long to fight? He wasn't even injured, was he? Is fighting 3 times a year asking too much? 8 week camps, fight, take a month off, rinse repeat. Although, I guess it is a tough sport on the body.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I'd say that Reem has a chance and Cerrone doesn't, but I don't know anything

Can you wait until after weigh in to make picks? Check to see how RDA looks, if he looks way different because of no roids then pick Cerrone

Cerrone has some (but little) chance (curiously enough, Tanner's roid insight is correct), Reem has but a punchers chance to beat Junior Dos Santos. There's value picks galore on that card but I don't have the energy to go through and watch all their fights right now.

... and if there was any wondering just how much McGregor meant to the UFC as their golden goose....

http://www.cbssports...arn-100-million

sigh... I'll admit it. I'm really interested in the Nate Diaz fight. He's probably going to fight like crap.

The Diaz brothers are like the anti-McGregor. They are interesting because of their mouths, but at the end of the day they aren't that good

Haha no wrestling and they are great. Hopefully Nate gets another good non-wrestler next like Cowboy or Pettis. I think him and Pettis have a back and forth shit talking past.

He def won't get McGregor, McGregor is only fighting for titles at this point

I just looked up the 155 rankings. I think Ferguson should get the next shot, I don't see anyone on else on the roster who has a legit shot other than a healthy Khabib. Obviously Conor would get a shot if he wants it, but RDA looks pretty unstoppable at this division

Reem looked really good there, but JDS didn't fight his complete game. He fought Reems game which was a huge, huge mistake.

Connor has given every indication that 145 is not forever and just looking at him during weigh ins, that's obvious. Shit gets awfully real for him at 155. I think he would beat someone like Nate Diaz but good effing luck with any of the top guys at 55. If he can pull that off then he truly is a magical leprechaun .

Reem looked really good there, but JDS didn't fight his complete game. He fought Reems game which was a huge, huge mistake.

Connor has given every indication that 145 is not forever and just looking at him during weigh ins, that's obvious. Shit gets awfully real for him at 155. I think he would beat someone like Nate Diaz but good effing luck with any of the top guys at 55. If he can pull that off then he truly is a magical leprechaun .

Rogan mentioned early on that JDS told him he had to pressure Reem to get to him...and then he just followed him around and got punched squarely in the face.

What's Reem do from here? Contract is up, but he's all of a sudden won 3 in a row. But he looked terrible before that, and you wouldn't think he'd have any real shot at a title.

They'll renew him. HW is too thin and he is too dangerous a fighter from a tools standpoint, even if he fights dumb 100% of the time.

The exception to this is if he gets delusional with his expectations. Then they will cut him, since he does have a recent suck track record.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too about him being delusional. I think he deserves a decent sized contract though even with the losses. Fans are interested in him. If he wants to be like the highest paid heavyweight though, then he can **** off

• 3 weeks later...

And Holm/Tate. Not that Holm has been dynamic in any other fight besides the one where the world was watching. And Tate can be a sleeper.

I have a hard time doubting Conner at this point, as he's earned it, but RDA seems to be a destroyer at this point. The way he ran through Cowboy was appalling. And Pettis. I'd imagine there will be a bit of a size disadvantage.

Can't wait until they prove it was caused by the pokes and not a punch.

Did you see that Jon Jones tweeted "you're using my move" about the eye pokes

This RDA Conner fight is gonna have so many eyes on it.

Did you see that Jon Jones tweeted "you're using my move" about the eye pokes

This RDA Conner fight is gonna have so many eyes on it.

I think they want to give El Golden Goose RDA before Khabib gets back so that way he has his chance to 'make history' by going across weight classes, which will open up a shitshow.

It would be funny if Rumble went back down to 170 and just mauled his way through WW and MW.

The problem with McGregor and 45 is that 45 is probably not sustainable, per all chatter, so what now?

Does he vacate?

I think they want to give El Golden Goose RDA before Khabib gets back so that way he has his chance to 'make history' by going across weight classes, which will open up a shitshow.

It would be funny if Rumble went back down to 170 and just mauled his way through WW and MW.

The problem with McGregor and 45 is that 45 is probably not sustainable, per all chatter, so what now?

Does he vacate?

If he wins 55, mission accomplished and he vacates 45. If he loses, he makes one or two last cuts and fights Edgar and/or Aldo, then he's done at 45

Maia takes him down and submits him in under 2 rounds. Wasn't getting sub'd Brown's old leak? And DM can seemingly take anyone down.

Both Cain and Werdum out. HW is such a dumpster fire

BJJ was Brown's hole.

He was one of the first people to remain on with the UFC after 3 consecutive losses. I think Maia wins via sub, but Brown has been looking scary... but Maia has been getting better... but there's a whole lotta hell to pay trying to take down Matt Brown.

So, so sick and tired of HW stagnating. Ben Rothwell talking shit to Stipe on Twitter. That is a fight I'd enjoy.

I am not entirely sure that Maia has this one totally on lock.

When he loses, he loses to top guys and he loses decisions.

Brown has probably the lowest fight IQ in the Top 10 of WW, but his toughness is second to none.

Maia has the highest fight IQ in the UFC, or at least he's right up there with guys like Cruz and Lauzon, but mediocre athleticism and if you can stay out of his clutches, he can be pointed for the W.

This is going to be a fantastic fight or a total shit pointfest.

There are very good fights on that card, just no major headliners.

Nobody would pay for it but it's a definite free watch.

Actually every fight is interesting. Anything with Roy Nelson I'll watch, Damian Grabowski debut at HW against Lewis, Benevidez, OSP versus Cavalcante, Hendricks v Thompson? Actually a great free card. Half the FS1 cards are HW or LHW.