**official Mma Thread**

I am so bad at picking UFC fights on DK. Even my favorites lose. I dropped a 2nd Rd sub winner (Sterling) for a guy that won two rounds and got ko'd in the 3rd. Go me

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

lol Saul Rogers

He probably would have won. Isn't it 100k prize?

I stopped watching TUF the week after the Conor/Team Alpha Male "scuffle." Was there anything worth watching after that?

While that kerfuffle was very stupid, the quality of the fights kept improving, and they didn't do much more time in the house. Last two or three weeks all had two fights per episode. Artem knocked out all 3 opponents. Would Saul's wrestling probably be enough to avoid the power of Artem? I think so. Would have been a good fight.

• Like 1

Who we got tonight?

I want Mendes, for some reason, but can't ever bet against Edgar

Will Lauzon get back to form?

Barbosa is a dog. So surprised by that.

McGregor looked like a ****ing Ethiopian at weigh ins. Book this; He's at his bodily, physical peak but he won't be able to keep up 135 as he gets a bit older.

Edgar

Ferguson (I have an medium sized bet on this fight)

Pierce for value (small bet)

Also comfortable with Hall against Lobov.

• Like 1

Yeah. I can't remember a guy looking that thin. Like when he turned to the side, seeing his stomach caved in, he was skinnier than any chick I've seen.

It sounds like he is going up weight classes no matter what after this, but we will see. Would love to see him fight Cowboy or Pettis as his first fight at 155

I'm parlaying my Tony Ferguson money into Aldo, who has been plummeting for all of December and as of today is back to being the (-) favorite again at every book, where Connor has crept (+) at a couple (although for all intents and purposes this is a dead even money fight).

This is a gamble, I'm not 'resting easy' on this bet but I'm making it.

McGregor goes to 155 if he loses badly. If it's close, rematch with Aldo at 145. If he wins, he fights one more time at 145 against Edgar, or goes to 155 to win too belts

Scroomy, I know you meant Conner at 145, not 135. If CM tried to get to 135, he'd die, like that Asian did this week

Tony Ferguson continues to amaze. Barbosa always seems so dangerous, but loses a lot.

Ferguson has been the most underrated fighter in the UFC for the past 2 years and a personal winner for me.

Unfortunately, once you string together 4, 5 consecutive wins, the cat gets out of the bag as far as the moneylines go, now he's at 7 and will rightfully get a contendership fight but 55 in general is a complete mess (in the good way).

... and Melendez on suspension. Any one of those guys at least as a conceivable shot to beat any other one of those guys on the right day, save for maybe Khabib who has shown the theoretical potential to be dominant at 55 but is an injury bug, has struggled with weight.

What fights do you even make @ 55?

Cerrone and Dos Anjos is about to sort out, Alvarez is to fight Pettis.

Ferguson has totally earned *at least* a contendership fight, if not a title shot @ whoever wins Cerrone/RDA (which is probably the right fight to make). If they insist on stacking him for a contendership fight, so he may fight the winner of Alvarez and Pettis, which makes sense too, but Pettis being a former strap holder may get prioritized for a re-shot against the winner of Cerrone/RDA. Ferguson has fought high level guys but not top-top guys. That's always the test but his performance against really, really good guys have been fairly dominant.

He disappointed me in last nights fight in that he fought dumb a couple times, but overall his performance spoke for itself.

If Pettis beats Alvarez, he'll get a shot at the strap and Alvarez waits or takes an interim fight. If Alvarez wins, he'll fight Ferguson for the contendership fight. If Khabib comes back, all this gets ****ed.

My name, the McGregor name, my family's motto ... means royal is in my blood. That goes way back. So for [Aldo] to say he is the king and I am the joker, if this was a different time, I would invade his favela on horseback and kill anyone that was not fit to work. But we are in a new time. So I'll whoop his ass in July."

Best trash talk since Ali-Frazier

I've been saying this for three years now and nobody believes it; he's getting better. Even after his two losses to Shields and Rory he was getting better. He's better in his late 30's than he was in his early 30's.

He's able to compensate for average athleticism (below average for his sport) with extreme skill and a ridiculous, ridiculous fight IQ.

Nobody ever goes into a fight with Maia where he doesn't have them completely figured out and they know it. You have to go in and beat him, knowing that he knows what's coming and is perfectly prepared for it... and don't go to the floor with him. Whether or not he can rise to the level of whatever comes next, I don't know. There is an unavoidable reality with athleticism (where he has always been average or below) and age (which is an opponent that always wins), when you start looking at the top end of the 170 division, its troublesome for him:

... but he is getting better.

Truly one of my absolute favorites. Him v Matt Brown I might buy a plane ticket to go see.

Well, he (Connor) deserves every bit of it.

I would be lying if there wasn't an inner-part of me that suspects some kind of Don King shenanigans on the part of the orginization that recognizes him as the vastly more marketable champ, but that was as decisive a win as they get.

Well, he (Connor) deserves every bit of it.

I would be lying if there wasn't an inner-part of me that suspects some kind of Don King shenanigans on the part of the orginization that recognizes him as the vastly more marketable champ, but that was as decisive a win as they get.

There was a spell there before the fight I was like, "Is Aldo really nervous or is he ashamed that he agreed to take a dive."

But ya, really, Aldo's punch that landed at the same time clearly had bad intentions and he just straight got ktfo.