**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

The comparison pic is Lazy, uncut Jones between fights with Now-Jones who is all cut up, preparing for his comeback. This is what he actually looks like at weigh-ins, which is a more apt comparison.

usatsi_8308041.jpg?w=648

Also, if he's bulking, the larger question is can he even still make 205? I think he wins the HW crown easily if he wants, but chatter is it that he was struggling to make 205 and HW was inevitable, much like a move-up is inevitable with McGregor.

Bellator is def taking over mma. Can't wait for the Houston card. Shamrock vs Gracie and Slice vs Dada 5000. I'm flying first class to see that shit.

Really though. Is this sport still not evolving? How is that a legitimate fight card?

Bellator is winning the math game in a HUGE way.

The UFC is definitely putting their money where their mouth is as far as the best fighters, but Bellator realized that they can get a shit-ton of eyeballs at a fraction of the cost by putting on weird freak-show fights and not giving much of a **** about the athletic meritocracy of it all... and the strategy is paying off. Bellator 145 beat the last UFC Fight Night, WITH Hendo and Belfort as the main.

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/bellator-145-beats-ufc-fn-sao-paulo-in-viewership/

If you want the MMA demo and can get 1.5 million eyeballs from the UFC with a huge cost with an elaborate kabuki dance of sponsorship horseshit, or you can cut Bellator a check for 1/5th that and get the same thing, who do you go with? UFC has PPVs locked up but as far as free MMA goes, Bellator is going to take away viewers who don't give a shit about watching an athletic contest, they just want to watch a good scrap.

He didn't look very good.

Pretty shitty card all around. A finish or two in the prelims, but zero on the main card. Extended the DVR a half hour, and still didn't get to see the 5th round of the main event.

I bet this weekend's main event goes 5 as well. Two decision machines getting after it

What a shock, split decision.

Definitely had Sexiyama losing. Surprised by DHK getting that KO

Look into the heads up matches on DK.

You don't have to hit some hail mary card to win. You only have to be smarter than one other idiot. They're definitely P4P better than the large fields, but easier to beat.

G4f0Y4I.png

I didn't watch the fight, but Henderson vs Masdival seems like a horrible main event. Two guys criticized for split decision fights, and they get matched up together? Wtf are they thinking?

This is an insanely good non ppv card

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Fight_Night:_Dillashaw_vs._Cruz

It's kind of weird seeing Dariush at the bottom of that card seeing that his last fight was a win against Michael Johnson. Johnson definitely won that fight and was screwed by the judges, but looking at Dariush's last fights he has wins against Cruikshank, Jim Miller, then Johnson, and now he is the bottom fight on a card, just seems weird to me.

It is definitely insanely good, first free card of 2016 so they're stacking it, although lets not overlook the last free card of 2015, either.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_on_Fox:_dos_Anjos_vs._Cerrone_2

Which is also a completely retarded free card.

I was debating on going to that card, but I think I'd rather watch those fights for free on my good television. Maybe I'll head down to that area for an hour or two. Nah, then it's just being around douches with no payoff

Fight Week

I gotta rememebed to regulate my drinking on Saturday so I actually remember the fights on Sunday

DraftKings has Thursday and Saturday's card up but nothing for Friday

Aldo

Rockhold

Jacare

Gunner

Holloway

I had salary left but those are how I see the fights going down. Not sure on the finishes.

I did another card with Faber, Gunner and some others

Did one for Thursday with Rose winning as well. Too lazy to look up the rest. Why aren't they doing a card for Friday's card, dammit? I WANT ACTION

Aldo

Weidman

Jacare

Maia

Holloway

... but every one of those fights is a "... but if he's going to lose, it will be to (opponent)", which is what makes this card so great. Literally any one of those fights could go the other way.

Fight I'm most excited about is the return of Court McGee.

I have him on my other card.

I'm probably an idiot for betting against Weidman. Dude is durable and pretty relentless.

I think Maia is tough to finish, but I think Nelson's stand up is better, and he has great BJJ. As does Maia, of course.

There is no way to make a pick on that card that you aren't going to hate since those are some damn even matchups, but I am comfortable with Maia against Nelson. Nelson does have better standup and its totally possible he points Maia, but Maia cannot be finished and whenever Nelson finishes, its via sub which he is not going to get with Maia (ever). If he does, it would be some 'passing of the torch' type moment ala Mir taking home Nog's arm.

Nelson has said he wants to go to the floor with Maia.

So does Maia want to see that, so do I.

Maia is an old man now but he's one of those old men who has gotten more dangerous as time as gone on. His fight IQ is brutally high. There's a reason Anderson Silva shit himself and acted the fool when they had to fight. He knew.

If Nelson can pull of off, congrats he deserves every bit of it and it proves he's worth the hype train but I just hate betting against Maia, ever, unless its against the absolute top guys which Nelson is not. If you look at a lot of Maias wins, a lot of them came by sheer experience. If you look at Nelson's wins, they are all subs (save for the loss against they very underrated Rick "Split Decision" Story)

Maia is super hard to finish, I agree. But I can see Nelson stunning him on the feet and pouncing for the neck

Another factor to consider, Nelsons TDD. I don't know how good or bad it is, but Maia can get cats down pretty easily, and as you alluded to, I don't care who you are, you don't want Maia on top of you.

For that price on the card, I gotta stick with it. It frees up money elsewhere.