**official Mma Thread**

I filled it out pretty quick, it'll make for a fun watch tonight.

It really is fun to have a rooting interest. I now get sports betting.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Didn't realize Ferguson was *that* good.

Haven't seen anyone take a pasting quite like Thompson and not be finished, maybe ever.

How about Frank Mir.

I snap-chose Duffee on Draftkings and had a moneyline bet on Duffee/R1.

Wouldn't it be nuts of Mir made a run?

Cain v Mir would just be a cardio win for Cain.

Werdum v Mir is the contest of superpower Heavyweight BJJ/Submission game which everyone wants to see.

There's just no way in hell he (Mir) deserves a shot at the title after coming off a four fight skid, then notching 2 wins against non Top 10 guys, but a good fight might be someone like Ben Rothwell and if he wins there, then that justifies a filler-fight with Werdum.

So,e decent fights on this card today. Of course I didn't cash in draft kings.

There is a card again on Saturday, then the next Saturday, and then the Saturday after. 6 cards in 4 weeks. Been some good fights and you have to get younger guys fights, and most of these cards are free, but can you imagine how good and stacked just two cards would be?

But I'll tell you what, 189 was worth every penny I paid for it. Don't know of the next one I'll be buying.

Pegado at 8500 seems a bit cheap. He got decisively whupped last time, Dillishaw showed himself the much better fighter but it may have been one of those 'on any given day' things, given the level of competition Renan has competed at. Still, I'm not going one way or the other on that fight.

One that makes no sense whatsoever is Gian Villante @ $8600 against a Tom Lawler who hasn't fought in over 2 years and when he did fight, he was mediocre at best. What the **** do they think he's been away doing for the past 2 years in 'professional wrestling'? Becoming a better mixed martial artist? I wouldn't take Lawler at $8600, nevermind the inverse. That is my salary freer-upper. Gian Villante @ $8600.

Lets see how the DK salaries stack up against the prime moneylines.

Zak Cummings Dominique Steele

*Cummings -235/$11,000

*Steele +216/$8200

T.J. Dillashaw Renan Barão

*Dillishaw -201/$10900

*Pegado +186/$8500

Miesha Tate Jessica Eye

*Tate -186/$10700

*Eye +171/$8700

Edson Barboza Paul Felder

*Barboza -122/$9700

*Felder +112/$9700

Joe Lauzon Takanori Gomi

*Lauzon -235/$11100

*Gomi +216/$8300

Gian Villante Tom Lawlor

*Villante -206/$8600 (<- See?)

*Lawlor +191/$10800

Jim Miller Danny Castillo

*Miller -127/$10100

*Castillo +118/$9300

Kenny Robertson Ben Saunders

*Robertson -108/$10000

*Saunders +100/$9400

Eddie Wineland Bryan Caraway

*Caraway +124/$9500

*Wineland -137/$9900

Daron Cruickshank James Krause

*Cruickshank -144/$10300

*Krause +150/$9100

Ramsey Nijem Andrew Holbrook

*Nijem -125/$9800

Holbrook +115/$9600

Jessamyn Duke Elizabeth Phillips

Duke +158/$8800

Philips -172/$10600

Right away we recognize the gross inefficiency in Villante/Lawler, so that's a no-****ing-brainer pick on DK. It's also an $8600 play on a card loaded with very even money picks, giving us salary cap headroom right away. Do we even want to take Pegado if we can already get headroom out of Villante? Dillishaw/Barao is a troublesome fight. I also don't like Robertson/Saunders either. I like Lauzon both moneyline and DK but he's a DK $11K'er. Still, taking him.

No interest in broad fights since they're too inconsistent (emotions, menstruation, etc) so Tate/Eye and Duke/Philips are a no play.

... but wait? What's this? Ramsey Nijem vs a new guy? And who is this new guy?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Andrew-Holbrook-78384

"Warrants further research" to say the least. Here's his last fight in the bush leagues.

... against Ramico Blackmon, a WSOF alum, so, yeah. Andrew Holbrook both DK and a big-small sized bet moneyline.

Also taking Cruickshank DK.

So now its down to trying to divine who has the best chance of notching the finish, since there's $10400, I'm not crying over any of the guys I'm priced out of.

I'm taking Barboza. Paul Felder being undefeated in the bush leagues and his last UFC win being highlight reel...

paul-felder-knocked-out-danny-castillo.gif

... might have him a bit overvalued relative to a guy like Barboza, the likes of which he hasn't faced yet in his MMA career.

So, this is my card. No alternates. Playing it straight for the whole fight.

9CBI04k.png

• Like 1

Played two lineups, my only fight overlap is Cummins. Dude better first round finish. I avoided the lady fights.

I really like Lawler but played your inefficiency with Villante. Need some damn finishes

This is not to say that Lawler doesn't win. He has his skills, If you have a hunch, put a card on with Lawler on there. I was just astonished when I saw that price on DK since my intuition was that Mediocre Lawler after a 2 year downtime was a dog against Villante, who has been looking pretty solid.

The catch, obviously, is wrestling.

I'm learning that its very, very hard to fade the field on certain cards that involve high profile fights where 90% of the players have one or the other and that alone pushes half the field up when one wins. In large fields, where crazy accuracy is required to cash, the slightest variance can throw you out of the money.

I'm playing mostly small matchups and even Heads Up from now on with only a few bucks on the "MTT" type matches.

I've always been a better cash game player than a tournament guy anyway.

Any thoughts this weekend Scramster? I always enjoy your write ups.

Rousey seems to be priced at $12,200. Very steep and you know every idiot will have her. I won't go with Correia or anything, but I may just go for other fights. Try to get 5 finishes.

Bigfoot is a possible for me. He's been on a slide but his opponent hasn't fought a fighter with his resume yet, I don't think. Even though he's a beast. Should be plenty of finishes with these heavyweights on the card.

I feel like Little Nog might have better boxing and cardio than Shogun, and be more durable.

Really leaning Struve vs Big Nog, although I don't want to discount that Brazilian crowd bump

The interesting thing I'm seeing is that there might be enough room with the unknowns to make a decent play and still take Rousey.

Silva @8800 is a go for me against Soa. That much is certain.