**official Mma Thread**

I wish DC would win, he's absolutely among my top favorite fighters, but I think Rumble is just at some next sort of level right now.

I'm not betting any fights on this card

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I'd be shocked too but I think Vitor can still put on a good fight. The guy KO'd Rockhold and fought pretty well against Jones. Weidman seems like on another level though

Love the decision in the Hall fight, he was just running away in the 2nd and 3rd. I hate when guys think they are ahead and start running

I have a small flier on Arlovski.

The line drifted up to +375, I do not think he'll win but there may be a bit of value there so a small throwaway bet.

Cerrone basically has magical powers at this point.

The guy couldn't be peaking any harder. Make RDA v Cerrone II like right effing now.

Great card. Loved every fight on the main card. The prelims were shit. I still think Rumble is scary. He needs some wrestlers to come into camp and kick his ass if he is going to get better there.

Cormier was gonna get whupped on his feet, that was clear, so he blanketed him for a lot of that fight.

Cannot blame him in the slightest, if I were in that situation and my MMA superpower were wrestling and I was against someone who had a power-striking superpower, that's exactly what I'd do, too, but that's why the UFC hates wrestlers.

Because they can do what Cormier did to fighters like Rumble. There is no amount of 'camp' that can account for Olympic level wrestling. .

Plus. rumble's gas tank is like a drag car. Just enough fuel to run the quarter mile. That was maddening.

Cormier is durable, I'll give him that. He popped right back up after getting dropped.

Weidman ain't gonna have a long career if he keeps eating bombs. Dude has a beard. But he's devastating. Wish he wasn't a jesus freak.

Cormier was gonna get whupped on his feet, that was clear, so he blanketed him for a lot of that fight.

Cannot blame him in the slightest, if I were in that situation and my MMA superpower were wrestling and I was against someone who had a power-striking superpower, that's exactly what I'd do, too, but that's why the UFC hates wrestlers.

Because they can do what Cormier did to fighters like Rumble. There is no amount of 'camp' that can account for Olympic level wrestling. .

He took way longer to make that decision than I would have. I believe him when he said he thought Rumbles power was mostly myth. "They all hit hard" etc.

I think he was going to go in there and stand up for awhile, maybe even thought he could impose a bit on his feet. That was all dispelled though after he started taking some punches and kicks, solidifying it wasn't a myth when he got flashed down for a sec.

After that you could see he was clearly on the nope-train to wrestleville.

As usual, fuck the hyper casual fans. If you don't want to see an Olympic wrestler prove your superman striker can be put on his ass and beaten/choked to death, and want to boo as he goes about grinding that out, then go fucking watch kickboxing or some shit.

Weidman ain't gonna have a long career if he keeps eating bombs. Dude has a beard. But he's devastating. Wish he wasn't a jesus freak.

MW is about the thickest division.

He still has to go through Rockhold, Jacare and possibly Yoel Romero before its cleaned out. Then there's the Anderson Silva question.

Beating Vitor was no bullshit but getting through a few ancient Brazilians isn't enough to claim a Jon Jones type next-level status.

Beat Rockhold, then we'll talk.

He's also lucky that cut didn't open much further, or else that might have been stopped. They've stopped them for cuts about that bad before.

A lower level guy just sitting on a lower level guy can be annoying. But watching one of the best Olympic wrestlers sit on a guy and make him just give up is just beautiful to watch. You can say that Rumble "gassed" but it was more of DC just completely making him his bitch and having his way with him. When I went to a UFC card last year a similar fight happened with Cummins where he completely owned a guy with the wrestling, the arena booed, I thought it was one of the coolest things I've ever seen live.

Cormier has a very legit chin, that has been proven. It's one of his strongest defensive weapons since it lets him get inside where he does his best work.

Watching him get his bell rung like that was proof that Rumble's power is operating on a strange, new level. I still don't think he (Rumble) was going to beat Jon Jones, but he's the sort of guy who could beat anyone on any given day.

That ****** used to cut to 170, which is weird to think about since he walks around in the 220's.

Arlovski/Browne is without a doubt one of the best single rounds in HWD history.

How many times can you get knocked silly like that before it causes you to have major long term damage. 3-4 times? More?

Talking about Browne

What I thought was interesting was how well Cormier did striking against Jones early in that fight but couldn't out wrestle him. Against Rumble he was dominate physically but couldn't strike with him.

And how the hell did he survive that first bomb by Rumble? He wasn't even stunned. Unreal.

How many times can you get knocked silly like that before it causes you to have major long term damage. 3-4 times? More?

Talking about Browne

I've talked about my own low-level experience training as a big fat blob, doing MMA with other HW's and getting hit almost full steam.

Its kind of hard to describe, what its like getting hit by a 245# ex D1 athlete who is now an experienced fight sports practitioner.

I cannot even imagine what it would be like getting repeatedly hit in the head by someone like Arlovski.

All of this shit is permanently injurious, especially with the big men. The human body always takes back what it gives out. It was not designed to do this.

A bit of perspective for people who say that Floyd Mayweather would beat Jon Jones...

rWINcgy.png

All the people saying things like Ronda would beat Floyd and all this "MMA person can beat Floyd" stuff is so ridiculous. Of course they can beat him in a MMA fight. Floyd is not a MMA fighter!!! Why is it even brought up?

MMA media is the best

If Jacare gets the title shot instead of Rockhold that is such bullshit. Going by the eye test Rockhold is just on a different level right now. And Rockhold is the more entertaining fight. Everyone can keep mentioning the Vitor loss, but people are forgetting that Rockhold convincingly beat Jacare, and I'm not seeing that mentioned anywhere. I really don't know why Dana is trolling everyone by saying it could be Jacare's fight. I'm wondering if this is some business strategy and they are targeting Luke for a ppv farther down the line (like this possible NY card) so they want to get Jacare out of the way first? That is the only scenario I can think of where Jacare should get the first shot.

Straw man

Nobody is saying Floyd would beat Bones

Hit up a boxing forum sometime.

The absolute cluelessness runs deep.

All the people saying things like Ronda would beat Floyd and all this "MMA person can beat Floyd" stuff is so ridiculous. Of course they can beat him in a MMA fight. Floyd is not a MMA fighter!!! Why is it even brought up?

MMA media is the best

Few things here:

You say, "of course X MMA fighter can beat Floyd" as if everyone agrees on that. I've seen a great number of boxing fans cluelessly, stupidly, absurdly claim that someone like Floyd would wreck MMA fighters that would could literally kill him in under a minute. So, that's one reason people talk about it. Correcting and combating stupidity.

This flows nicely into the second reason "why it is brought up". Educating people about it, and pointing out the differences is exactly what an MMA organization should be doing. Why the flying fuck wouldn't a business around a combat sport play up the fact that their people would destroy people from a different combat sport?

And a talking about a theoretical match-up that would even be controversial among pure MMA fans (Rousey/Floyd "lol our womenz could beat ur menz") - stirring up the pot, getting attention - is easy, literally free advertising. The cost of a few words.

I'm kind of rambling here and lost my train of thought about 20 seconds ago, but the point is I found this portion of your post silly.

You're right it is great advertising mentioning Mayweather not being able to beat a mma fighter in an mma fight. It is basically an easy brainless way to get someone to read an article without much "education" of mma going on. I don't think I've seen any quality writing in an mma article where Mayweather is mentioned, that is why I said something.

I don't really care that much about it, but it is a little annoying how repetitive it is. They are trying to make money off a guy who isn't even in MMA which does make sense I guess, but it's annoying