**official Mma Thread**

That is funny/sad. But would it be sadder if he delivered your pizza?

It would be many, many times *less* sad if Virgil delivered my pizza than seeing him do this.

The sort of person who could've played the character he did isn't going to be a man who has much in the way of self respect, which itself is usually rooted in self-awareness, which he has absolutely none of and thus why he does what he does. The vast majority of people in that same spot (fleeting moment as a recognizable WWF character, then it ends) would've quietly left the limelight and gotten a job as a roofer, or whatever. Not set up card tables to ritually demonstrate how little people care about what apparently is the high water mark in your life.

Research the Lonely Virgil thing, it's not just some LOL meme where people took pictures of him at conventions when nobody was around and then 'haha-nobody-cares-about-Virgil'. This is a 'thing' he actually goes and does in random events, flea markets. You'll be at the State Fair walking back to your car with a deep fried pickle on a stick and there in the parking lot will be Virgil, sitting behind a card table with a sign that says "VIRGIL".

Deep down there's a part of me that hopes against hope Virgil is really a super-genius and this whole thing is a ridiculously brilliant DGAF meta characterization of post-stardom obsolescence that will only be appreciated for its breadth and magnitude many years after Virgils death when his detailed journal is discovered in storage locker sale and its revealed the whole thing was the greatest Kauffman'esque character in human history.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

They are already setting fights for Super Bowl weekend? Something about Diaz vs Silva makes me think that someone is either going to get injured or pull out. Sounds too good to be true

Funny how the all black fights really ramp up the shit talk.

Rampage and Rashad did this, and that fight sucked.

Davis vs Rumble didnt say much, so my theory is just racist.

I wonder if Jones is playing up this unlikeable persona, or if he is really this huge of a dbag.

Did anyone see the Sportscenter interview today after the scuffle? Jones is seriously neurotic if it isn't all an act

Funny how the all black fights really ramp up the shit talk.

Rampage and Rashad did this, and that fight sucked.

Davis vs Rumble didnt say much, so my theory is just racist.

The Rashad/Rampage thing was a total act. There is no way guys like that talk so much shit preflight then hug each other after the fight if it isn't an act.

This Jones vs DC thing is more real. Jones is in DC's head and it looks like it is working. DC looks like he wants to murder Jones. But DC is a TV personality now so I could be off and he might be just trying to sell ppv's, who knows

As a big Jeff Monson fan, I was hugely disappointed when the UFC didn't roll him over from Strikeforce after losing to Daniel ****ing Cormier.

Conflicted about how to take fighters who have completely aged out of the game but keep going. He's 0-6 in his last 6. Part of you wants them to just face reality but another part respects their drive to keep going until there is nothing.

I have small bets on Maynard and Boetsch straight.

Bought some McGregor @ -180 and an irresponsible amount of Jon Jones @ -150.

If Cormier wins, it all but guarantees my first losing year betting MMA.

Silva/Diaz opened on the 30th @ Silva -240 and immediately plunged to Silva -400 where its stayed since.

Pretty sure i'll buy that card. I hope they stack it.

I wonder how Cormier plans on handling the Jones eye-poke strategy because that's what he's going to use.

Bought some Jordan @ -190.

I wonder how Cormier plans on handling the Jones eye-poke strategy because that's what he's going to use.

I think Jones will use a lot of that front-knee/thigh kick he's been so fond of, to keep off the wrestling. The eyepoke thing really needs to be penalized. It's so blatant.

He actually commented on the eye poke thing recently, says he knows he does it but it isn't intentional.

Bullshit. It's his strategy with scary strikers since he has so much length.

Stick your arm out, extend your fingers towards their eyes and if they move forward IT'S NOT MY FAULT THEY POKED THEIR OWN EYES BY RUNNING INTO MY FINGERS!

This says it all, right here.

http://middleeasy.co...-in-ufc-history

If I were Cormiers corner, I'd instruct him that if he extends an open hand towards your face, kick him as hard as you can right in the sack.

OOPS, SORRY BRO!. MY BAD! ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!

Refs are lower than dogshit for letting him get away with it.

Cormier should go all Phil Jackson and talk about it constantly before the fight so the ref is on high alert and if it happens, deduct the point.

I doubt he's rich.

Kyacey Uscola got 10 years for beating his girl to the point of broken bones and he didn't have prior DV convictions. The MMA thing is a hugely aggravating factor, as it rightfully should be, if you beat the tar out of some random civilian.

I really think he gets dunked- hard- here. He deserves being sent away until he's an old man and statistically less of a threat to society. I got the over.

Yeah, I didn't really mean rich, I meant he has enough money to lawyer up decently. You could be right, though, the previous DV convictions and the MMA are aggravating factors. I Would like to see him get 20+ years, but I'm cynical about that happening.

The comments section under that post were so disturbing. So many horrible people in the world. Did the Internet creste these people with the anonymity or just give them a stage? Although, they comment through twitter and FB so it's not even anonymous. People,are just shitty

The comments section under that post were so disturbing. So many horrible people in the world. Did the Internet creste these people with the anonymity or just give them a stage? Although, they comment through twitter and FB so it's not even anonymous. People,are just shitty

The internet is an environment.

Environments attract compatible creatures.

'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are apt to exist) tend to be an environment that attract a particular kind of urchin that is in no way representative of humanity as much as it is representative of the sort of shitbags that sit around all day making internet comments.

People who spend their lives on the internet tend to suck- hard- at real life, which is reflected in their dumb opinions. The internet becomes the outlet for the bile they can't really spew in their daily lives. While normal, healthy people are out doing normal, healthy things, the internet is here being the internet. Some of us (meaning the 7 or 8 people who remain on this forum) are somewhere between 'internet lifers' and normal people but mostly normal.

What you see in the comment sections of a youtube video of a 3 year old Indian baby having a birthday and XxxBLACKMETAL420xX calls her a dothead, comments mocking some girl getting beaten half to death, LOL'ing at 9/11 victims, those are 'internet lifers'. If you could peer into their real lives, it would be tragic and sad 99 times of 100.

• Like 3