**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Betting pretty aggressively this coming fight night.

Small Cruickshank @ +260

Small Larkin @ -180

Medium Palelei @ -230

Medium Brown @ +185 (against my favorite fighter)

Waiting for lines on Herman/Natal and Wineland/Eduardo.

Miller is in my Top 5 Favorite fighters, but no effing way unless the price is ridiculous.

Neither can beat top guys but Shitbag Cerrone is p4p a better all around fighter, which breaks my heart to say.

So much Cerrone hate. He's an exciting fighter, which is why I enjoy watching him.

Miller is a small 155, but has said he can't make 145. They say his weakness is bigger fighters that can bully and wrestle him, which isn't Cerrone, but Cerrone is bigger. Miller has to be the dog, no?

Mendes may be the JDS of feather.

A dominant #2.

Yeah maybe. Mendes is a way better fighter than he was in that first fight though. That was back in his one dimensional wrestle ****ing days. It was also before Ludwig started coaching Alpha Male. Aldo is still Aldo and could very well completely own Mendes, but I do think Mendes is way better and actually is ready for a shot, last time he wasn't ready.

We could do a gay fanboy list.

5 Favorite Fighters:

#1: Erick Silva

#2: Frankie Edgar

#3: Roy Nelson

#4: Jim Miller

#5: Anthony Pettis

5 Least Favorite Fighters:

#'s 1-5: All Donald Cerrone.

The Cerrone hate is baffling. Guy is an action fighter with skills, a finisher.

I don't love Guida because he can't finish even when he jerks off, and worse, he bounces around after the fight like he has tons of energy left. And seriously, cut the hair or put it in braids when you fight.

Fighters I fanboy on. Hmmmm. I used to really like Mir because when I first got into the sport, I was a jujitsu fanboy. Loved it. Heck, I used to be excited for Dustin Hazelett fights. He was great off his back, until he got exposed. He finished fights with an oma plata. And Mir was a great commentator for the WEC. I also used to be a Bones fanboy when he was an up and commer. I still think he's great but am just meh on her personality. I don't hate, but no longer love.

Just great, well rounded, action fighters are what I enjoy. If you can't defend a takedown and get laid on for 3 rounds, I'll dislike you

I like your list. Silva, so handsome. Pettis is a beast if he could stay healthy. I was so sad when Guida humped him for 3 rounds. Pettis generated more off his back than Guida did on top

I'm a homer so my list is pretty much all northern CA guys.

As for my favorite fighter, I know this sounds bad but I'm going to have to say Jon Jones. He is for sure a dbag, but I just love to watch him fight more than anyone else.

Cowboy is great, I don't get why amscray hates him either.

Per interviews, Cerrone is some other-worldly degree of dbag. Good fighter, yes. Exciting, yes. I think if Cole Miller actually gets that fight, it may result in an actual ring death.

Nevertheless, hate him. I too like Jones but the eye poke thing has got to go.

Fox Sports article questioning line on the Brown fight.

http://msn.foxsports...lva-what-050714

Granted, there is some MMAth in there, some bullshit reasoning, too much emphasis on 'rankings' but still. I agree. Brown at 2-1 is value, even against the sexiest and bestest fighter out there. Don't care if Silva chins him in the first 20 seconds, I'd bet it the same way again.

I think this is an eye test type thing. Silva is young, good looking, chiseled, and working with a ton of fast twitch muscle. He seems super explosive. Brown used to be a bit of a can, has the white guy hairy chest, a bit more lumbering and coming off of a back injury. I'm torn on it. Brown's experience and heavy hands are solid but I feel he might be outclassed, athlete-wise. Then again, fighters win fights, not athletes.

Like you said, there is value on Brown but I feel it's a coin flip

Browns 'streak' is a canfest whereas Silvas record is misleading.

His first loss was a DQ (so not really a loss), his second he got Fitched and getting KO'd by DHK is just one of those things.

He's the best 4-3 fighter in the history of the UFC, the line is not 'shocking' to anyone but people who judge fights based on looking over the fighters Wikipedia record.

If anything, it's a sign that MMA betting is getting more efficient since even 1 year ago, this line would've never happened but I did readjust from medium to small on Brown, after thinking it over.

Lookin dreamy as usual.

1610076_10152382499261276_3186097923745753857_n.jpg

Always wished I could pull off the "shaggy Latin bowl cut" look, but a man is only allowed a single distinguishing feature before becoming a freak and I'm already fat.