**official Mma Thread**

Don't hate, Cerrone found a way to win.

Romero needs a gas tank to compete for a title.

Pettis is great off his back but isn't great at defending a takedown, re: Guida loss, so I fear that The Russian would smother him. And I love Pettis. His offense is so dynamic

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I think Pettis is way better than he was when he fought Guida.

Dana probably hates that Khabib is so good because he is pretty boring. If Khabib ends up taking the title and holds it for awhile then it is pretty hypocritical of him to keep a guy like Askren out of the UFC.

He won and he deserves extra credit for slapping on the choke rather than monkeyfists which Barboza would've endured.

No hate for Cerrone but run that fight again, I'll take Barboza right now.

If Khabib ends up taking the title and holds it for awhile then it is pretty hypocritical of him to keep a guy like Askren out of the UFC.

Thought of that too, however Khabib isn't as absolutely one-dimensional as Askren.

Yoel seems to have the right strategy for gas given his musclebound body type; ultra low activity then bursts, the edge being nobody is going to be able to handle his bursts. Since he's an insanely high intenrnational level athletic champion, he brings shit to the table that a lot of these guys don't, namely the ability to micromanage gas as he does. Also, chatter has it his Olympic wrestling background allows him to cut crazy weight. .

Yeah, the fact that he's an olympic level wrestler would make you think he has a gas tank. Weird he doesn't. But like you said, he can manage his matches, and also like you said, he's a monster that can cut weight. His bursts are so explosive.

It will be interesting to see what happens to him either a) in a 5 rounder or b) against someone with infinite gas who pushes, although the Top 10 @ MW doesn't have that Cain Velasquez / Clay Guida type jackrabbit.

He's getting either Kennedy or Jacare next for a contendership fight.

If its true (and not a BS excuse) that he broke a rib and hand in R1, that legitimately explains his shit performance but it unfortunately takes him out of the mix barring winning his next 3-4-5 fights and Werdum is not beating Cain, barring catching a chin.

Cormier vs Henderson.

For some reason, I want Henderson to KO him. Stop the hype train. Sadly, it doesn't seem likely. Decision finish for DC

They'd better have more than that if they expect that card to not be a PPV buy disaster.

One of the advantages of being a legit fan rather than a casual is often times, the undercards are more compelling.

Trinaldo v Chiesa, interested to see that fight. I'll probably buy some Iaquinta of he opens anything better than -250.

Same with a decent price on Ferguson.

People not liking Barao isn't his fault. He is for sure a great and entertaining fighter. The main problem is that there is no competition. There aren't any guys in that division who are talented or charismatic enough to build up a fight (other than Faber but that ship has sailed). He is also foreign and doesn't speak English which doesn't help his star power over here.

All he has to do is call out someone on twitter and the MMA media will cream their pants. Seriously, that is all he needs to do, that is the state of mma right now

There aren't any guys in that division who are talented or charismatic enough to build up a fight (other than Faber but that ship has sailed).

This is 100% correct.

BW is a lopsided wasteland.

Arlovski back in the UFC. Mid 30's can be prime for heavyweights.

I don't give a **** that this is the night of the submission. If Benavidez doesn't get a bonus for making that stupid ginger troll faggot tap with his feet, I quit the UFC forever.

Weeee Rumble! We got a new beast at 205! It looks like getting cut from the ufc was the best thing that has ever happened to him.

Thank god he did that so we don't have to sit through Phil Davis getting owned by either Jones or Gustaffson

That ****** used to (try to) cut down to welterweight!!

At his most natural weight, he's an animal.

I've always wondered if some fighters aren't doing themselves a disservice with extreme cuts. Does the size/reach advantage really give you an edge when you're 24 hours off borderline renal failure?

I'm actually impressed with Glover here even though he is clearly losing. I thought he'd gas out.

205 is weird now. Gustafson Jones should be next. Where does this put Rumble? It seems like everyone at his level at 205 is tied up except for Rashad, and they are teammates. So Rumble and Glover is the only fight that makes sense.

Arlovski back in the UFC. Mid 30's can be prime for heavyweights.

I don't give a **** that this is the night of the submission. If Benavidez doesn't get a bonus for making that stupid ginger troll faggot tap with his feet, I quit the UFC forever.

They gave him a bonus, don't quit!

I'm actually impressed with Glover here even though he is clearly losing. I thought he'd gas out.

205 is weird now. Gustafson Jones should be next. Where does this put Rumble? It seems like everyone at his level at 205 is tied up except for Rashad, and they are teammates. So Rumble and Glover is the only fight that makes sense.

They mostly don't pair a guy coming off a win vs a guy coming off of a loss.

They mostly don't pair a guy coming off a win vs a guy coming off of a loss.

Not always. Glover lost to Jon Jones, not James Te Huna. He will still be in the top 5 in that weight class. If Johnson doesn't fight Glover who does he fight? I was looking at the 205 roster and there is really nothing that makes sense for him

Shogun?

Actually, throw OSP to him. Guy is riding a 4 fight win streak. Time to put up. Goes against what I'm saying but you're right. Unless rashad gets healthy fast, there isn't anyone else. Lil Nog, but he's as healthy as a lifetime alcoholic with a 2 pack a day habit. Guy is always pulling out of fights

There's nothing on the horizon for Jones. He can only beat himself at this point. He comes from a line of super-elite athletic genetics that normally doesn't find its way into MMA.

His goddamn eye poking strategy must end, though. It is so beyond bullshit. They need to pass some sort of 'improper exhibition of fingers' rule.

Like all rules, it will be imperfect and ultimately it will be discretionary and up to the ref- like the timidity rule- but the ref needs some sort of authority to threaten a point loss if a fighter is sticking his fingers towards his opponents face or pawing their forehead/face area like Jones does in basically every ****ing fight.

Seriously, if there was one offense where I wish the ref had a pistol and the authority to instantly execute any fighter breaking that rule, it's deliberate eye pokes.

• Like 1