**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I don't hate Bellator. I'm just amazed that they still have money. How do they survive being on MTV2 and Friday nights on Spike, and have money to pay guys like Alvarez and Chandler?

Hendo should just retire. He isn't going to have a better last match than that. Unless they can do an old person fight with him and Rich Franklin, he should hang it up. (I think) he was on trt for this fight also and he won't be able to use it anymore.

Same with Shogun although his case is a little different since he is younger. I just don't see where he fits in, I don't think he can beat a top contender and I don't see him fighting lower tiered guys like Te Huna. Move down to 185 or retire

I can deal with the Hendo knockout, but CB Dollaway knocking out Ferreria is strongly hinting that I'm well on my way to my first losing year. Further proof that the Tanner Coattail Curse continues and that future bets will be posted in encrypted form.

The Chope thing is terrible.

I wonder if he lied to them (like, somewhere in the contract they asked about this sort of thing and said no) or if they just never asked and terminated him because of some bullshit with an ex wife when he was 18?

I hate that faggot so much.

He's officially in the Roy Nelson bin. Will never bet on one of his fights again.

He about assraped me with Boetsch, did it again tonight.

I think my recent weakness is because I used to watch the 5 most recent fights of both fighters prior to making a bet, whereas I haven't done that since Silva/Weidman II, now leaking like a horse. Its weird, the little insights and edges you can develop when you do that.

What do you guys think about quick turnarounds? For example Lawler just fought and he has to go immediately into another intense training camp for ufc 173. Does having back to back training camps with no breaks lead to more injuries? Or are most of the training camp injuries freak accidents?

I know the guys who are healthy don't like to wait a long time between fights, but it would seem like it would be more beneficial to both the fighters and the ufc to give them at least a small break. Especially for a guy like Lawler who has turned himself back into a big Ppv draw, they shouldn't want a guy like that fighting tired or injured.

I could be off base here, just speculating

The UFC schedule is insanely hectic this year, they're probably realizing that they spread themselves too thin.

No surprise to see this sort of thing happen with increasing regularity.

Cerrone wants to fight 6 times this year. Some guys seem better at staying healthy, even though that is obviously anecdotal

It seems like he is occasionally unprepared. He is an example of a guy who I think should be taking a little longer of a break. He could be a threat in the division but all he cares about is the paychecks, not being a title contender.

Financially illiterate, spends it as fast as he makes it and didn't pay his taxes.

He's due for a major humbling once the UFC paychecks stop coming on, whenever that may be.

Pawn shops exist because of people like that.

Its the number of cards.

Normal fans are now forced to economize their interest (or dedicate their lives to it) .

Years from now, UFC will probably be a case study in excessive, unnatural growth.

Can't blame them, the Fox deal is what it is but they weren't ready for prime time.

A nadir is coming.

Man, I'm so out of the loop. I feel like I'm drifting from the sport. The Fight Pass thing doesn't help

I'd say the only guy right now that I am just completely fascinated with is still Jon Jones, even though I hate him haha. Anderson Silva also but we won't see him for awhile. For me Pettis was almost reaching that level but he doesn't fight enough either.

But yeah like amscray said, the volume of cards has led me to lose interest in some of the guys and fights

I have nothing on any of these fights but as a huge Guida and Nelson fan, excited for the card.

I never bet for or against Roy Nelson, although at this point he's a pretty safe Decision loss to anything resembling top competition so if I were betting this fight (and I am not) I would put a little something on Nog by D but repeat, I am not betting this fight so that means I would not put anythign on Nog by D.

Good call on Nelson.

Further proof that all bets on Nelson are bets for or against the chin/fight IQ ratio of his opponent.

Haven't watched the Guida fight yet but see he won a D.

Hope it wasn't boring. I'm sick of making excuses for him.

loved me some glory kickboxing last night.

I haven't watched ufc in awhile, mainly because of the fight pass thing. I'll prolly watch this weekend tho.

It was just like the silva leg break.

that thing with Corbett's ear, I really didn't get that stoppage, guess it f'ed up his equilibrium or something.