**official Mma Thread**

How much do they think people are going to spend every year on this?

Your average Joe fan who buys a few hundred bucks worth of cards every year as an adjunct to free Fox cards and TUF is going to feel pretty chiseled about an entire TUF being on that stupid Fight Pass (and hopefully a good one where Shale clobbers Wandy with so many ground elbows he wakes up the next morning with his old monkeyface back)

OeDzfSydI.jpg

I may buy Fight Pass but as a fairly regular PPV buyer and not a streamer, let there be no doubt I'll be taking it back from their asses via declining at least three PPV cards a year that I would've otherwise bought. They're not making it hard. All Ronda Rousey cards will be declined regardless of the Co Main, even if its something ridiculous like Velasquez/Jones,.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

You coat tailed me, didn't you.

Christ, starting off the year 0-2 and one of those bets was of decent size. Yay.

Totally clean TKO from Gus, though.

Watch the fight, count how many times he was looking for the left / right uppercut combo, but wound up binking him with the knee.

And BigD is going to BigD, making a post in a thread where he hardly ever posts just to throw fuel on the fire.

I mean I didn't really care that much, but sarcastic or not amscray fired a shot, I fired back, he did it again, so I fired back again. I might have misinterpreted it a little so my bad

I might not post in this thread, because I have little to add, but I read every post in it, because scram is basically the last person left on the forum worth reading and he posts in here regularly. That you, after all these years, still don't get his sense of humor should be shocking to exactly no one.

I might not post in this thread, because I have little to add, but I read every post in it, because scram is basically the last person left on the forum worth reading and he posts in here regularly. That you, after all these years, still don't get his sense of humor should be shocking to exactly no one.

I said I misinterpreted things, let's relax and move on

You coat tailed me, didn't you.

Christ, starting off the year 0-2 and one of those bets was of decent size. Yay.

Totally clean TKO from Gus, though.

Watch the fight, count how many times he was looking for the left / right uppercut combo, but wound up binking him with the knee.

I didn't bet or watch it, usually Im bluffing when I say I'm not going to buy a Ppv but I'm seriously boycotting fight pass until they put something on it that I have to watch. If they put the Melendez vs Pettis TUF on there I might have a dilemma

I really, really want to watch Chael v Wandi TUF.

Really, really bad.

I have a IRL Chael Sonnen story that I might tell some day.

I feel like all the drama over the years between coaches seems fake. Like they are only getting in each other's face just to promote the fight. From all the promos it feels like Wandi planned everything out and is picking fights just for the publicity.

The only drama with coaches that seemed real to me was the Ken Shamrock Tito stuff, but Shamrock was in the WWF, he could have been acting also.

All the rampage stuff was fun too, but it was all fake.

I feel like all the drama over the years between coaches seems fake. Like they are only getting in each other's face just to promote the fight. From all the promos it feels like Wandi planned everything out and is picking fights just for the publicity.

The only drama with coaches that seemed real to me was the Ken Shamrock Tito stuff, but Shamrock was in the WWF, he could have been acting also.

All the rampage stuff was fun too, but it was all fake.

I actually think the 'drama' between them is absolutely real.

Chael undoubtedly plays the role of heel and his whole Brazil schtick did exactly what it was intended to do.

No doubt whatsoever that the animosity between them is legit, however there's also no doubt that such things get majorly oversold to hype fights.

This is a case where it was a legit pairing of two guys who, as Dana always loves to say, "genuinely don't like each other".

Will there be a big hug at the end of their fight? I don't know, maybe.

The UFC definitely nurtures fueds, the UFC definitely creates fueds.

Will the TUF Brazil III finale actually be in Brazil? You have to imagine it will be.

How will an entire arena full of 70,000 nationalistic Half Portuguese/Half Garbage man-apes react to da guy whoo disheespeck mah coontadee?

171:

$170 on Gastelum straight at -170

$60 on Hendricks by Decision @ +250, $50 on Over 3 1/2 rounds @ $125.

Very excited for Fight Night 29 in April.

Big Country v Minotauro, Glay Guida v some old Wong who actually beat Josh Thompson, fought Guida before and has been on a recent tear subbing cans. John Howard who is one of my favorite comback stories and a Ramsey Nijem fight which is usually not good news but the bright side, obviously, is every fight he has is another opportunity to potentially enjoy watching him lose.

The weird part is, I would pay for that card yet have no interest in 171, aside from the bets. Will absolutely buy 172, though.

Also, who would've known he was such an elloquent man?

arc00058.jpg

• Like 1

Nice night for Diaz to announce he wants to fight.

He is a Ppv draw, but I think it is sad that he's a Ppv draw. I don't think he can beat any contenders

Who should Hendricks fight next?

I guess MacDonald? He doesn't necessarily deserve the fight, but I think it would be the most exciting out of all the options. I wouldn't mind seeing Woodley fight him either, but I'd think a Woodley vs Lawler match would be more fun.

As for Diaz? I think Diaz vs Matt Brown is a good fight, but Diaz probably thinks he is to good for Matt Brown. He isn't. I see Diaz getting his ass beat by the whole top 10

Who should Hendricks fight next?

I guess MacDonald? He doesn't necessarily deserve the fight, but I think it would be the most exciting out of all the options. I wouldn't mind seeing Woodley fight him either, but I'd think a Woodley vs Lawler match would be more fun.

As for Diaz? I think Diaz vs Matt Brown is a good fight, but Diaz probably thinks he is to good for Matt Brown. He isn't. I see Diaz getting his ass beat by the whole top 10

I think Hendricks will take a well deserved/needed break till the end of the year. Woodley/Lombard and Macdonald/Diaz and whoever looks the best after that should get the first shot. Of course they will probally have to step aside if GSP comes back at the end of the year.

Will be interesting to see if he goes on the Matt Serra Plan, stretches it out as long as possible, or if he gets right back in there.

Rory comes with baggage. Whether he can even beat JH is by no means a 'likely' thing. It's a 'maybe, maybe not' deal. I'm definitely not betting on that fight. It all boils down to the politics of GSPs return and what strategy the UFC wants to take, whether they're on good or bad terms with him (after his negative comments). If Rory wins the strap and starts to defend it, it would bugger a GSP return in a bad way since they won't fight each other.

Either way, I think you have to let Rory fight. He's the next guy in line and if he's destined to win, better get it done and over with now so there are more title defenses between now and whenever GSP comes back. The risk is they want GSP to return but Rory wins, keeps defending and nobody at WW can dethrone him. That would probably disincline GSP from returning, at least to WW. If they're mad at GSP, that same scenario would be best case.

I'd like to see OSP fight Manuwa.

If he beats Manuwa, he's next in line.

Also, I have a feeling there's an edge in Maldonado v Villante but not sure.

Watching all their fights tomorrow.

Problem is, rory has become the fighter that Dana hates, tactician that tries to point his way to victory. Dana now has the champ and contenders he wants, sluggers, Lombard, Hendricks, Lawler, Brown, Diaz, Erick Silva, no more shiels, gsp, and McDonald. Gotta fight to get noticed

Erick Silva may be my favorite fighter.

Part of it is because of how he fights, but the other part is because he has 1980s sitcom hair.

I can accept the loss to DHK but watching him get Fitched was just awful. No doubt the Silva fight is what soured Dana on Fitch once and for all.

I don't see a path for him at WW or MW and there's no way he's getting to LW unless he cuts off an arm so I guess he's just stuck. He's one of the few that Ill almost always buy his cards. Same with Big Country even though that **** has cost me thousands of dollars.

This is a stupid random complaint.

I feel like mma is becoming too gossipy. Like all the reporters freak out when something is posted on twitter, or if a Diaz brother says something. I realize that this is a trend in all sports, but mma reporters seem especially TMZ'ish

Absolutely the dumbest audience in all of professional sports. Make basketball fans look like golf fans.

Combine that with the fact that it's an indiviaual sport (thus very individualized drama) and that MMA fighters themselves are usually dysfunctional retards whose lives offer up plenty of grist for the mill, no surprise that the TMZ element is so strong in the UFC (which is a synonym for MMA). Trying to legitimize the UFC as a mainstream sport may have been a mistake. They probably should've gone in the other direction, full freakshow model, someone like Thiago Silva wouldn't be cut after an armed standoff, they'd be immediately given a championship shot.

• Like 1

Jesus H Christ, Boetsch is at +820 against Rockhold after opening at +400.

Taking $50 worth, will leave it there.

Do I think he wins? No.

Do I think he's -820? No.

20 on Henderson by Decision @ +605

200 on Ferreria at -200.

30 on Dolloway by Decision +315.