**official Mma Thread**

They were absolutely, 100% 12-6 elbows.

Someone on the UG claimed to have asked Big John about them and he agreed.

Yoel Romero shit himself. He claims it was sweat, which gives us the option to trust Yoel Romero or our own eyes.

0.gif

I am a Derek Brunson fan after that fight, though.

Yoel broke his jaw, he was in surgery last night per DFW. Pretty sure the punch that broke his jaw was the punch that initiated the beginning of teh end for that fight but he was seriously about to win that.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

As far as betting goes lately I pretty much just curl up into a ball, suck my thumb and gently sob but if I were betting on this fight (which I am not), I would literally take the opposite side of every pick you made, in the following order of confidence.

Henderson @ -280

Pettis @ -200

Stipe @ -240

Stop being wooed by the + sign.

Zzzz

Cerrone and Cruickshank were cool. The fight of the night was Caceres and Pettis for sure. But overall there was a lot of fast forwarding going on for me.

Zzzz

Cerrone and Cruickshank were cool. The fight of the night was Caceres and Pettis for sure. But overall there was a lot of fast forwarding going on for me.

I watch the main card live so I can't do that, otherwise, I'd never watch any of the fights. Sometimes, when you watch in ff, you can't see some good grappling or exchanges

But yeah, Henderson is kinda super low action. Rarely throws combinations. One punch or kick then leans on you. Gotta think DW isn't a fan. But they have invested a lot of airtime on him. He'll never headline a PPV, but I bet he wont be on another free card for a bit.

This is the first ppv in awhile that I'm not going to buy. I think both the championship bouts are going to be really one sided (hopefully not for Faber), and the rest of the card doesn't really interest me. It would be nice if Overeem could develop into a legit contender... but he gassed out against bigfoot. I don't see it happening. And if Mir wins we have to watch him in the UFC more which isn't fun

I actually like these fights. Aldo is a funisher, Barao has been a beast, Faber had a great 2013, Overeem and Mir will end in a ko or sub.

Full disclosure, I used to be a Mir fanboy. Wish they would put him in the booth instead of Florian. KFlo does nothing for me and I remember loving Mir's work with the WEC.

Any thoughts on Mir/Overeem?

If I had to pick a winner at even money I'd take Overeem but no chance I'd lay -400 to buy him against Mir

Both have chin problems, both outkicked their coverage with big wins (Mir against Nog and Overeem against gutrot Brock) to brighten their spotlight past its rightful level but they've been skidding against anything resembling decent competition. My guess is their fight looks a lot like Werdum/Overeem. He's going to avoid the ground like the plague and kick him to death, go for the KO but grind out a D which is why he shed muscle mass, to prepare his gas for lots of movement, counterstriking, TDD and avoidance.

Dana seems to be really trashing Overeem on his performance. He definitely shut it down at the end of the 3rd, but I didn't think it was that bad. What do you all think? Mir is the one who made that fight suck, Overeem looked like he was trying to finish him but Mir just wouldn't quit. So I thought Dana was wrong

Dana seems to be really trashing Overeem on his performance. He definitely shut it down at the end of the 3rd, but I didn't think it was that bad. What do you all think? Mir is the one who made that fight suck, Overeem looked like he was trying to finish him but Mir just wouldn't quit. So I thought Dana was wrong

I mean, Overeem didn't push action at the very end, but my god, why should he? He had the fight wrapped up. Dana should blame Mir. He straight quit. There was one spin "kick" he did at the end of the fight, where he just sort of slowly lurched around and got his foot up about 8 inches off the ground. I laughed out loud.

I thought reem was just pacing himself. I like Dana, but he's a bit of a hothead. Anyone else following the Pena situation? He is super pissed about that, all kinds of different stories coming out.

Dana has a butt-buddy relationship with a few fighters. Chael is one, all indicators suggest Brock is one.

Reem is a huge turd, retires Brock but then steroids out, drops two fights in a rowthat he was favored to win, holds back in his "Loser Leaves Town" fight against Mir and then calls out Danas butt-buddy who isn't even actively fighting anymore?

Great way to win friends and influence the right people.

Reem really sounds like a legit dufus so I don't blame him for that. He has said several times that he heard reports that Brock was coming back. All sane mma followers know that at this point there is no way Brock is coming back, but Reem seems like a guy who wouldn't know. Give a stupid guy a break dana.

Reem also said that it was mentioned that Brock lost his fight against him because Brock wasn't 100%. This is another reason Reem challenged him, but Dana has been the one saying Brock wasn't 100%, not Brock.

• 2 weeks later...

Not even going to bother watching it.

Have no bets on it, other than wiping my ass with a $10 bill on Cummins by Decision @ +1950.

Will see if I hit the idiot-lotto on the Wikipedia page.

Womens MMA is a ****ing cancer. Sideshow at best. Free undercard filler at it's absolute best. That DFW thinks it will actually carry the promotion is a delusion.

I'm gearing up to start betting again but its getting painful to watch.

Agreed

Especially after I just got the bill for the last card, which had one exciting fight and had 10 decisions on 12 fights. Don't get me wrong, a decision doesn't equal boring, but these were.

Cormier is gonna wrestle and out point. Rousey will finish, but whatever. It really is like watching the sport 15 years ago when watching the women. Rory seems boring lately and Maia can be the same at times.