**official Mma Thread**

is there somewhere i can watch this?

It will be up on the webz shortly, usually within a couple hours, there's usually a 24 hour window to watch it undisturbed before the UFC takes them all down.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

That main event was the tits. The wife and a friend were watching it and were absolutely, stone cold, amazed. Great main event

You can't say tits in here without posting the actual tits

Any guesses on GSP's anouncement on Friday? Gotta think its a retirement anouncement concidering its not a UFC press confrence. He has been taking more and more punishment in his fights over the last couple years so I think hes done. -800 retirment, +1200 change in weight class. Could be a gimmick to announce a new sponsor or something on those lines but i doubt it.

I'm not really interested in seeing him fight anyone else in that division to be honest. I'd be ok with him retiring. He has done everything that can be done. I think a lot of people have been itching for him to lose for some reason. Same thing with Silva after he fights Roy Jones... lol.

I might take Benavidez at +105 for a sweat this weekend. I'm not really seeing any good lines... Maybe Faber at -150?

Edit... Dana White is claiming that GSP won't be making a huge announcement, he is just talking for 10 minutes to the media at a mall signing. Who knows though.

I'm pretty Dana and everyone else in the world knew it was going to be a leave but he was hoping he could threaten/coerce GSP to stay active just a little longer, right up until the end. I don't even follow mma and I knew it was going to be a leave, if not a full-blown retirement.

Had to be by design, no? It was on free tv, it was heavyweights, it was a slugfest. Straight up guerrilla marketing. More eyes on that fight get cards bought in the future. Just a theory.

They have their own channel that issues free fights on Youtube.

If that was their objective (which would be an intelligent objective), they should just publish it as a free fight.

I think the reason that video got away with it is because the title was 'Mark Hant vs Antonio Si'lva' so they weren't able to search for it like they usually do for the hailstorm of TM violating uploads that occur immediately following a fight. Someone from UFC had to see it posted on some forum.

The real tricky ones are titled stuff like "James 15th Birthdai in Monaco" which starts out with 3 minutes of boring birthday footage so it looks innocent enough to anyone watching, then the fight begins. They never get those unless someone posts it on a forum.

In the realm of Jones being an angle-shooting piece of shit and oblique kicks being a part of his angle arsenal, considering that there have been reports of 'behind the scenes' complaints from his opponents about him doing this, someone found these on reddit; a compilation of gifs showing Jones throwing one of his preferred moves, the intentional eye poke.

fingers3.gif

fingers4.gif

fingers.gif

fingers2.gif

I hope this somehow gets into the consciousness of every ref who ever does a Jones fight and they start nailing him on it.

Such bullshit. It's one of those times when I wish old-school MMA 'meanness' was still in play and someone would just grab one of those fingers and break the ****** in two.

Glad its a vacated title and not a interm title for the Hendricks/Lawlor winner. Of course GSP will get the shot at whoever the champ is when he comes back so its redundant anyways. It was in the works even before the fight I beleive because of some comments he made before his last fight where he said basically "just watch and see what we have planned" when referring if he would fight Rory Mcdonald sometime. Now resigned to the fact a AS/GSP fight will never happen. He can take a year off and comeback and there will be enough fights left for him at 170 to take him to retirement. Any lines yet on Lawlor/Hendricks? I like Lawlor

+200 on Lawler, one book making it early.

I'm taking a medium to big position on this fight but waiting t o see how the line develops and where my roll stands after Silva/Weidman.

I think GSP saw the abyss that is Hendricks but being gifted the bunk decision win gave him instant perspective on his legacy as champion. The opportunity he was given was to end it on top. He knows that after St Pierre/Hendricks II, he would be knocked from the perch and never get it back.