**official Mma Thread**

Called Comcast (my provider) and got bullshitted by a customer service rep, (in so many words) told them I do not accept bullshit, then was told Comcast doesn't have it.

Per internet searches, apparently FS2 is taking over the old Fuel TV, lots of pissed off racing fans in the same boat we are.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Comcast customer service is the worst. I was on a phone for like 5 hours trying to get NFL redzone a couple months ago and they tell me that they don't offer it in my area. Screw FS2 and CBS sports channel... I don't get that channel either

Well, Manuwa hit a price I can't resist, -165.

Taking $165'ish worth, initial reaction was to double that but gotta be cautious.

SportsInteraction is offering +850 on Munoz by Decision (very bloated), will be taking $20 of that.

Machida gonna Machida so flushed $20 there but made a hundo on Manuwa. Played too conservative with Manuwa. Wanted to go on for $330 but chickened out. $80 night. Not bad. +$40 into my roll and reinvesting +$40 in the ever-growing position in Anderson Silva @ -102 v Weidman. Unfortunately didn't bet enough to take any money away. Oh well.

I imagine that was the farewell tour for Sakara.

Lineker's 23 and getting obviously better with every fight. The 3 fight streak will effect the line but if they give him another can next time, I'll probably buy him.

If you want to see the worst officiating ever, watch the end of Burkmann/Carl (WSOF).

Karl (the 3.5-1 dog) sinks in the triangle, Burkmann taps, the ref apparently thought it was some sort of a joke so he runs over to 'have a look', Karl naturally holds the choke, Burkmann winds up going out THEN the dumbass ref figures out to stop it.

I have a bet with a cute chick that I used to work with on the GSP v Hendricks fight. I get to see her tits (fake yet nice) for 10 seconds if GSP loses and she gets $50 if GSP wins. Not sure how Vegas would write up those odds, but COME ON BIG RIG, drop the left.

I made that bet while we were both buzzed. I feel Hendricks can win but the closer it gets, the more I feel that GSP is gonna do what he do, stay outside, jab, gas him out, take him down in 4 and 5. Hendricks is a beast but I feel he's more plodding and lumbering than GSP

I think Hendricks has the best chance to beat him out of anyone he's fought so far, but GSP is what he is.

Perhaps hedge by just giving her the $50 before the fight but contingent on you seeing her tits anyway. That strategy gets you closer to ****ing her than her losing the show-me-your-tits bet.

I have no money on that fight. I'll probably take a position Rashad, though.

Side note, ****ing HATE Bellator's predatory contractual clause on fighters, but gotta respect it from a business perspective.

It's just sad seeing guys like Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler burning up peak years in a lessor promotion.

Fight Night for Troops Bets (all small)

$10 Natal @ +300

My gut is saying make a real bet on Khabilov but overriding it holding off. Masvidal is weird.

$37.50 on Chisea @ -150.

UFC has similar clauses in their contracts.

Looking forward to Hendo vs Belfort. Can Hendo withstand the Belfort speed and swarm? Neither is a cardio demon at this point.

Henderson by Decision @ +485 is interesting but Vitor hasn't gone to a decision since he fought Cage Rage in 2007.

His next nearest decision was actually Dan Henderson in 2006, a UD loss at Pride 32.

I'll probably avoid this one.

See the story about Hendricks getting 2nd degree burns on his shoulders while filming a UFC promo? Had to take 2 days off from training and hopefully he'll get back to normal.

See the story about Hendricks getting 2nd degree burns on his shoulders while filming a UFC promo? Had to take 2 days off from training and hopefully he'll get back to normal.

Just looked it up upon your mention.

Could absolutely be a Y factor, either the burn injury itself or its impact on his training regimen this late in the game.

This kind of shit sucks so bad since it undermines the validity of any outcome other than a Hendricks win.

Good free fights tonight on Spike. Chandler v Alvarez should be a battle.

King Mo has been a wrecking machine since being knocked out cold with a spinning backfist by Newton.

On the 15th, Rampage v Beltran should be an amusing slugfest if nothing else. Those can be fun.

I'm looking forward to tonight, but nothing about Rampage interests me. He basically fights like a fat heavyweight now. He has no gas

Also make sure to set your dvr's late, Bellator cards will sometimes go half an hour long

Lol judges.

Lol King Mo

A guy I know was squealing about how much value there was in Newton. I didn't see it.

Oops.

Always liked Beltran. Understandable he got cut from the UFC, he just couldn't seem to get any traction at that level, but hopefully finds a place at Bellator.

I recorded an extra half hour and still missed the 5th.

Chandler's takedowns were solid but he wasn't doing much with them, with the exception of the 4th. Alvarez seemed to be owning the standup.

Lawal is like Dan Henderson and Roy Nelson, if he can't land that big right, he's in trouble.

The announcers were saying King Mo could make the Olympics in wrestling. If that is so then he should get out of mma now, that fight was horrible.

I really thought Chandler won. He did lose some stand up exchanges but he was also throwing Alvarez around the ring like a rag doll.

Markes / Romero is making my head asplode.

Trying to figure this one out, watching all fights.

Anyone with that level of wrestling is rightly a favorite simply because they have the inescapable wrestle**** option ala Askren, etc but Romero stands and bangs. Very hard to judge his skill level relative to UFC type stuff since his MMA career is basically crushing 4 local-promotion cans, getting KTFO'd in Strikeforce, winning one against Cliff Starks and now.

My gut says Romero since I don't see Markes having what it takes to finish him and he's not going to win a decision but there's probably no worse bet than on an over-the-hill newcomer with hype against an young, underrated up-swinger.

Betting $85 on Romero at -170 anyway.

Henderson by Decision @ +485 is interesting but Vitor hasn't gone to a decision since he fought Cage Rage in 2007.

His next nearest decision was actually Dan Henderson in 2006, a UD loss at Pride 32.

I'll probably avoid this one.

What do you think about Hendo straight up at +180?

Got Chiesa.

C'mon Romero.

What do you think about Hendo straight up at +180?

I'm not touching it when I can use that same money to buy Anderson Silva against Weidman at -110.

I'm basically reinvesting all my winnings in that fight. The $25 I just won on Chiesa went straight into my position on Silva @ -110, which is into four figures right now (and mostly bought @ -105). Whatever I win tonight goes there as well.

Probably bet medium ($660 is what it would be now) on Rashad.

That fight with big john stopping the fight after 3 ball kicks was funny. They should call it a KO to the nuts. I couldn't believe what I heard when Big John called the nut kicker the winner.

That fight with big john stopping the fight after 3 ball kicks was funny. They should call it a KO to the nuts. I couldn't believe what I heard when Big John called the nut kicker the winner.

Pretty irrelevant event but it will go down as one of the more controversial stoppages in UFC history.

One thing I like about Big John is his disdain for bullshit angle shooting and general "you're a cage fighter, toughen the **** up" attitude but his ex-cop skepticism went too far here. The kid legitimately took a third nut shot, he may have been Bill Laimbeer'ing it a touch but he definitely wasn't 'faking it'. I haven't paid attention to see if Big John has made any comments but it will be interesting to see if he admits error in the face of video evidence or makes excuses.

Regardless, he's still the best ref by a country mile, even if he made an error with that call.