**official Mma Thread**

Rogan said that Chael had to drop a shitload of weight which is why he could have been sluggish. I hope he will do better against Silva.I think Chael is usually funny also, but most of his act is stolen from the Rock. I was expecting him to lift an eyebrow after he was done talking to Rogan. He needs to be more original with some of his material.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Diaz is such a whiner. Does he think boxing would be different? Nobody exchanges and stays in the pocket in boxingHe did walk Condit down most of the fight and leg strikes sometimes aren't damaging, unless you're Aldo, but it was just a tactical fight, no huge exchanges, but some solid ones. Most of the main card was pretty standard. Decision city. I think. I had a few drinks. Poirer is a stud.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looked at the weigh-in photos for tonight's event. Rampage looks terrible. I like Rampage, but it sure appears that it is over. Now, he will probably catch Bader and KO him in the first.....just enough to collect another paycheck in a couple months.

Just looked at the weigh-in photos for tonight's event. Rampage looks terrible. I like Rampage, but it sure appears that it is over. Now, he will probably catch Bader and KO him in the first.....just enough to collect another paycheck in a couple months.
Heard this is his last fight no matter what happens so he didnt care about making weight. Great looking card.

Really enjoyed this whole card from prelims to main event. Good stuff all around, Benson looked very impressive. Don't know how Frankie fought through that upkick; that thing was vicious.

Really enjoyed this whole card from prelims to main event. Good stuff all around, Benson looked very impressive. Don't know how Frankie fought through that upkick; that thing was vicious.
He definitely went out. I think Smooth won, decidedly. I mean, I realize it isn't all based on damage done, but Henderson didn't look like he even got hit, at all. Edgar was beat up. That's gotta count for something. Edgar was in a deep guillotine. Toes takedowns by Edgar resulted in ZERO damage a d he wasn't even down long. Totality of a fight should count. And I get Edgar and Cruz do a bit of "point fighting" which I get is a thing, but Hendo clearly won in my eyes. At least that's what I thought when I watched it. Also, I need a 2nd job to keep paying for this shit.
He definitely went out. I think Smooth won, decidedly. I mean, I realize it isn't all based on damage done, but Henderson didn't look like he even got hit, at all. Edgar was beat up. That's gotta count for something. Edgar was in a deep guillotine. Toes takedowns by Edgar resulted in ZERO damage a d he wasn't even down long. Totality of a fight should count. And I get Edgar and Cruz do a bit of "point fighting" which I get is a thing, but Hendo clearly won in my eyes. At least that's what I thought when I watched it. Also, I need a 2nd job to keep paying for this shit.
http://blog.fightmetric.com/2012/02/hender...ficial-ufc.htmledgar didn't even win "point fighting"

Completely forgot to mention how awesome the Boetsch comeback was. I was thinking of it because Kampman's comeback last night was almost as impressive. Sure, Thiago made a huge error in letting him even get close to his neck, but it was pretty great. Solid free card. There were also fights on HDNet I didn't catch. Strikeforce tonight, with a women's title on the line. I don't really like the whole female thing very much.The live TUF premiere should be good next week, with 16 matches to show. No idea how the rest of the season will turn out, but being live for next week should be pretty good.

Nah dude, he was just gay for pay. He's straight in real life mat least that's what I tell myselfAnd the next time Meisha Tate's boyfriend asks for anal and she says it's too painful, he now has video proof that she can take almost anything. Good good that was insane. It's funny how women's Mma is sort of like Mma 10 years ago, no sub defense. Either that or Rousey is pure brilliance

• 1 month later...

So not looking forward to seeing Dan Henderson get destroyed by Jones. I think I would bet Jones up to -1000 here. But the Ufc will do an ok job of hyping Hendo's right hand to make a couple of people think that he has a shot. After that Jones might aswell take a year off and maybe someone who he hasnt destroyed can string a couple of wins together and get a shot. With the Soccer stadium show in brazil falling through maybe someday they can do it with Jones and AS.

Henderson is definitely too slow at this point. I think Gustafson will have another fight, and if he and Jones both win, that'll be next. But his loss is to Davis, a wrestler, so he better work on td defenseDidn't know about stadium show. Off to research.

Henderson is definitely too slow at this point. I think Gustafson will have another fight, and if he and Jones both win, that'll be next. But his loss is to Davis, a wrestler, so he better work on td defenseDidn't know about stadium show. Off to research.
Yea the Sonnen/Silva fight was supposed to happen in a soccer stadium but it fell apart due to some big confrence being in Rio at the same time. Worked out though cuz the July 7th card in Vegas got it and that card is gonna be stacked. Silva/Sonnen, Cruz/Faber, Tito?forrest, Franklin/Le, Bisbing/Boetch.
  • 3 weeks later...

Zombie is exciting. Great Showtime card on Saturday. Melendez Thompson had me almost on my feet for the last 3 rounds. Really wish Thompson woulda been more aggressive. I think he won. Melendez couldn't do a thing when he took him down and his face was a mess. Cormier, surprisingly good on his feet. Barnett is shaky if he can't get you down but I still like him against a lot of people. Geeked up about this Saturday. I'm a Mir fanboy but JDS is a beast, and likeable. Surprised to see him talking shit about Mir quitting against Carwin.

meh Strikeforce up here in Canada is on some obscure premium channel that has Strikeforce and little else for $25 a month so I dont get to see the cards. Im a Mir fan too but yea JDS looks unstoppable right now. Jon Jones really dissapointed me today coming out like he is the victim with all the critics of what he did. I really do question his charachter but hell he is a proffesional fighter and there are no saints in that game. I have hads my suspicions about him since it seems Dana wants to keep him very busy to prevent negative influences to take him down as he has put it in the past. Helluva a fighter though.

As someone that in the past has drank and drove, I get how it can happen and have a forgiving nature with it. I don't condone it or approve of it, especially when money isn't an issue, but I get it. Nobody got hurt, he'll learn and move on.

JDS hits hard.Fun card overall, exactly what a heavyweight card should be, lots of quick KO's. That Big Country shot was impressive too. Who is up next for Junior? Velasquez looked pretty dominant against Bigfoot, but that shouldn't put him back for a title shot just yet.

If not Cain, then who? Cormier broke his hand again and has to fight once more in Strikeforce, not to mention he may be too slow to deal with JDS. Nelson already lost to him. Overeem is suspended and should have to pass a test and fight again before being given the chance to wreck a main card again. Cain and JDS will fight many times until Bones is ready to be a heavyweight.

• 1 month later...