**official Mma Thread**

Paging Hasim Rahman in regards to Hominick. That was nasty.Great card, despite the lackluster main event. Even the prelims on Facebook and Spike were outstanding.Biggest surprise was the Matyushenko/Brilz fight. Never saw that coming.Shields just irritated me during the entire fight. Also, can anyone justify two of the judges giving 2 rounds to Shields? Maybe the 5th, but what else?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Paging Hasim Rahman in regards to Hominick. That was nasty.Great card, despite the lackluster main event. Even the prelims on Facebook and Spike were outstanding.Biggest surprise was the Matyushenko/Brilz fight. Never saw that coming.Shields just irritated me during the entire fight. Also, can anyone justify two of the judges giving 2 rounds to Shields? Maybe the 5th, but what else?
Yeah I didn't see how GSP lost a round at all...man he needs to finish someone tho!
UFC President Dana White said Saturday's UFC 129 at Rogers Centre earned a record gate of $11.5M.
Wow.But speaking of scorecards, somebody scored the Hominick / Aldo fight 50-43. I can't see how Hominick didn't win that final round. That simply amazes me.
Wow.But speaking of scorecards, somebody scored the Hominick / Aldo fight 50-43. I can't see how Hominick didn't win that final round. That simply amazes me.
I was thinking same thing, that is a travesty. He was in his guard beating on him the last, what, 3+ minutes of the round?

Buffer read that score wrong, it was 48-45. Being that it was Doug Crosby's scorecard, it wouldn't have shocked me if he did score it 50-43, due to his 50-45 debacle for the first Penn/Edgar fight.

• 1 month later...

I watched all the prelim fights on facebook and spike. Impossible to find live streaming of the ppv without downloading/buying something.

I streamed the Toronto event with GSP. www.myp2p.eu the forum has a fighting section with a thread with all the fighthing events for the week. They post a bunch of links there. Some of the links you need a player to use, TVU and sopcast work ok, you need to dl the software but its free. The best quality is with the Veetle player. You also have to dl the software but it runs from your browser. Sometimes veetle cuts out for 5 minutes for copyright reasons, so I always have a second feed on hand incase it happens during the fight.but yeah, I still stream.

So Tito Ortiz goes from win or retire against Bader to main eventing against Rashad Evans one month later. Almost think Tito can pull it off.
I think there are a ton of guys in the division that can kill Tito but I think Rashad's fighting style is a good matchup for him. Probably be a boring fight with all the wrestling though.

Agreed, don't think it's gonna be an exciting fight. PPV numbers probably will jump from around 300k to maybe around 400k. Unbelievable how many main events of late have been modified due to injuries. Feels like the end of 2009 with the injury-plagued New Year's card.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Been awhile just wanna share my thoughts if anyone still reads this.Attended my first UFC event June in Vancouver. Its a great expirience and if your a fight fan I highly recomend going to one if you can swing it. It was a lame card but did get to see the future HW champ put a ass whoppin on carwin. Seeing Stout KO Edwards was the highlight for me. We sat in the lower bowl in the corner almost 18 rows or so up which wasnt the greatest but for a first time event and the bro in law not being able to go for higher priced tix(which I was game for). The $350 each we paid was enough as it was and if I was going to go to another event I would either try and get ringside at double what we paid or cheap seats just to enjoy the atmosphere of being at a live event. We got there right before the first fight and it actually goes really fast. I thought there would be a lot of downtime being there live but its basically a fight ends, go get a beer and take a pee, get back to your seat and another fight is gonna start. Really cool want to see one in Vegas next.Injuries are bumming me out, GSP will have about 18 months between fights and AS almost a year by time he gets back. My 2 must see guys *sigh*. I think GSP's injury will put the death nail of a AS superfight ever happening as he will have some more people to clear out at 170 by time he gets back. Sonnen love or hate him knows how to promote and the sequel with silva will be huge.Really like Rory Mcdonald, bummed he is injured too. So young and looks so great already he may be the future at 170. Be intresting to see who he gets next heard guys speculate he could fill in the void and fight Kos super bowl weekend which would be awesome. If he can beat Kos impressively he may be only fight away from a shot! too bad he gassed against Condit if he hung on the last 10 seconds he would have had a draw or better against the guy who is probally gonna be the interm champ.I so dont care about Faber/Cruz fighting again but will watch TUF anyway.Looking forward to tomorrows card, Jones is a lot of fun to watch and Machida poses a good threat to him with his unique style. still think Jones pulls it off and probally convincingly but its still intriguing enough to watch closely. the rest of the main card is decent for ppv cards these days with a lot of names and am also looking forward to Hominick/Zombie.think Lesnar loses badly again and goes back to wrasslin.Havent bet a fight in a long time but enjoy the events just as much. 36 events next year is crazy im guessing with injuries and that many events the cards are gonna get pretty watered down and will try and hold to buying only 8-10 events as my way of protesting shitty cards lol. Love the deal with Fox!!

Any reaction to 140? I was there for the first time. Absolutely amazing atmosphere. Helped that I didn't have to pay for the tickets (thanks Mr. Supplier) but it was also their first exposure to MMA andturned out to be a great card for that.I was amazed that even during the Claude Patrick fight there was no booing from the cage work.I have a new found respect for Frank Mir after that fight. His ability to recover from some big shots and identify that the shoot (after standing shot to the ear) was how he'd save himself won him the fight.

Any reaction to 140? I was there for the first time. Absolutely amazing atmosphere. Helped that I didn't have to pay for the tickets (thanks Mr. Supplier) but it was also their first exposure to MMA andturned out to be a great card for that.I was amazed that even during the Claude Patrick fight there was no booing from the cage work.I have a new found respect for Frank Mir after that fight. His ability to recover from some big shots and identify that the shoot (after standing shot to the ear) was how he'd save himself won him the fight.
Awesome i jealous! great card for all the finshes even thought the Canadians didnt fair to well. I thought Claude won but it wasnt robbery by any means. the arm snap was gruesome but as soon as he locked in I knew Nog wasnt tapping. I wonder if Dana will tell guys in the future when they are fighting on Fox cards to tap so a new audience wont see that. If it was Fox probally wouldnt have seen the 100 replays of it lol. Jon jones is gonna be tough to beat! Not impossible but someone is gonna have to go for broke trying to work inside that reach. Dont see anyone ever out grappling him though.
  • 1 month later...

Dead thread. Mma people left? Feeling good about the tons of free content. I was spending too much money either ordering fights or going out to watch them. Although, I gotta see Condit v Diaz.

Dead thread. Mma people left? Feeling good about the tons of free content. I was spending too much money either ordering fights or going out to watch them. Although, I gotta see Condit v Diaz.
Loving the Fox deal! Plus you can watch every fight on a card nowadays. The cards are thinner these days but its a fair trade off for all the free shows now. Was there really an appetite for Cruz/Faber 3??? Let alone dedicating a season of TUF hyping it.
Loving the Fox deal! Plus you can watch every fight on a card nowadays. The cards are thinner these days but its a fair trade off for all the free shows now. Was there really an appetite for Cruz/Faber 3??? Let alone dedicating a season of TUF hyping it.
Trilogies are in. Besides, who else is ready to fight Cruz? And yeah, loving Fuel showing entire cards. Good fights on undercard tonight, Olivera, etc. thin cards aren't awful. Gotta build the brand. Jones, St Pierre, etc all were undercard fighters at one point.
really pissing me off that I cant get FUEL TV. Comcast is the worst cable provider ever.
Go directv. Olivera sub was sick. Last week saw a guy get ko'd by elbows, while standing. Loving seeing the prelims.

Yea the prelims were the best part of the show. I found it very odd that Bisbing and Sonnen were quietly talking to each other while Chael had his back in the 3rd. Wish i had a dvr and was a lip reader lol. Chael looked pretty sluggish without the gorilla levels of testosterone in his body.

Chael looked pretty sluggish without the gorilla levels of testosterone in his body.
Good call, didn't think of that. And while he makes me chuckle, he's gone total WWE heel. When he gets destroyed by Silva, what's he gonna say? And I think he will.
Good call, didn't think of that. And while he makes me chuckle, he's gone total WWE heel. When he gets destroyed by Silva, what's he gonna say? And I think he will.
Lol he is probally gonna say "I got this nice close to mid 7 figure payday and got demolished and now I retire". He is funny as hell with this act and is doing a fantastic job setting up probally the biggest fight revenue wise ever. probally wont have the ppv buys of UFC 100 but with 100k crowd its gonna be massive money. AS will beat the shit out of him im sure.Gotta hand it to Bisbing he is deffinatly top 5 talent and should get a shot at getting crushed by AS soon. It seemed for a long time he was getting exposure and oppurtunities soley based on the fact he was from the UK and they wanted a marketable fighter to get in that market. Im in the minoprity but I think he won that Hamil fight that seemed to piss so many off and I also think he won the Rashad Evans fight at 205 a long time ago.Its great that Jon Jones fights so often but he is running out of opponents real fast. After Evans then who? Hendo probally but man thats gonna be ugly.