**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else's jaw hit the floor after that kick? Jesus.I'm glad they gave Jones the title shot. Can't say I wanted to pay to see Rampage/Shogun
Yea I cant really see anyone who deserves the shot anymore then Jones right now. Not only is he winning but he is dominating everyone he faces. Hamil and Bader have never been thrown around like a ragdoll like thta before. Even if Jones fails in this attempt I think he will be champ eventually. That said I like Jones to win.AS/GSP hopefully by year end. LOL I keep going back and forth on GSP's chances but it will be a very intresting fight. Even with GSP's wicked jab and leg kicks he deffinatly shouldnt try and stand.edit:Jones opens as the -150 favorite.
Lot of weirdness going on between the Silva/Rampage fight at UFC 130. Rashad may be taking Thiago's place, despite claims that Silva's not hurt.http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=mmaj...on_Rashad_Evans
Yea suspect drug test for thiago seems to be the rumour. The first Rashad/Rampage fight did not leave me wanting more. For such a soposidly stacked division you would think there would be other options.

Gotta be a major blow to strikeforces prospects. If Fedor does go away i doubt Nick diaz is gonna be a big enough star to keep peoples attention.Sick 11 million dollar gate predicted for 129. If Silva/GSP does happen at cowboys stadium maybe a 20 million dollar gate is possible.

129 is a HUGE card to say the least. That should do around 1 million on PPV with two title fights and Couture/Machida to go with it. The Davis/Hamill fight is off, Hamill is now fighting Rampage, but Davis says he's still planning fighting on this card. I hope they bump the Rory MacDonald/Nate Diaz fight on to the PPV instead of putting it on the prelims.

• 4 weeks later...

How will he be beaten? Are we looking at an 8-10 year run as champ? Surely someone will come along and catch him with a shot, or he will get a huge ego and lose focus, or...or...hell I don't know, I think he looks as dominant as anyone I've ever seen. Rashad +500?

That was one of the most entertaining fights I have seen in a while and it was only 2 rounds! The spinning back elbow or whatever it was had the guys I was watching it with up on our feet. He's a beast!

Yea only one who beats Jon Jones is Jon Jones himself. Of course someone could land a lucky shot but I se Jon being able to win any rematch should that happen. Despit being such a dominant fighter he is so fun to watch because he is so smooth and effortless. His strength is almost super human the way he tosses guys around who have never been tossed around before. I know he is a way better fighter then he was when he faced Bonnar but you gotta give Stephan a lot of credit for going the distance with this guy. Bring on UFC 129 now :club:

loved the main event. jones is a beast. is it me or did it look like Shogun didn't even train for the fight? Dude looked completed winded and defeated after just 1 round. An epic asswhoppin'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
woohoo got tix this mrning to 131 in Vancouver. Not thrilled with the card but got take what i can get. $700 for 2 lower bowl seats 14 rows up near the corner.
Nice, sounds like they'll be doing an event in Milwaukee in late summer, definitely gonna try and make it out there.

Predictions for tonight. GSP keeps it standing and puts on another dominating safe striking display. wont be a quick finish if at all but maybe a accumualtion finish.Hominick to shock the world, yea thats the Canadadian in me lol.Randy to finish up his outstanding career with a favorable decision.No idea whats next for GSP. with AS booked its not gonna be that. i was thinking maybe a move to 185 in a non title fight(Bisbing anyone???)

Predictions for tonight. GSP keeps it standing and puts on another dominating safe striking display. wont be a quick finish if at all but maybe a accumualtion finish.Hominick to shock the world, yea thats the Canadadian in me lol.Randy to finish up his outstanding career with a favorable decision.No idea whats next for GSP. with AS booked its not gonna be that. i was thinking maybe a move to 185 in a non title fight(Bisbing anyone???)
Man, that would be a love/hate fight for me. Hate the fact that it would be so boringly one-sided, Love the fact that GSP would destroy that loudmouthed fucktardI just don't know what to think of GSP/Shields...I don't really see how Shields can win, but I don't think GSP will dominate him either. Close 5-rounder, 48-47 49-46 48-47.Great prelims tonight though, they put 4 fights on spike, which was nice.