**official Mma Thread**

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Well Carwin's fight with Nelson is off. Maybe you can toss Mir in there now on the New Year's day card.
Yeah, I'd pay to see Mir vs Nelson. They should go WWE-style and give a pink slip to the loser.
Dos Santos/Velasquez should be a hell of a fight. If Carwin beats Nelson, does he get a rematch with Brock?
Since Carwin had to pull out of the Nelson fight with a back injury. Im thinking a Nelson/Mir fight would work then maybe a Carwin/Brock fight.
Kinda thinking of Hughes at +120 against BJ.
In a three round fight? You're betting against someone who has amazing stand up, and is a genius off of his back. BJ lost to Matt in that fight because he broke his rib in some weird way.All things being equal......I love this line.Hughes has looked horrible lately. Sadly, so has BJ. I would take BJ at 50% vs Hughes at 100%. But that's just me.
In a three round fight? You're betting against someone who has amazing stand up, and is a genius off of his back. BJ lost to Matt in that fight because he broke his rib in some weird way.All things being equal......I love this line.Hughes has looked horrible lately. Sadly, so has BJ. I would take BJ at 50% vs Hughes at 100%. But that's just me.
I tend to agree that he hasnt looked good in the last couple years but the Almeida win made me open my eyes to him a little more. I might be a little to influenced by seeing BJ getting shredded for 10 rounds on his feet against Edgar. BJ has had size advantage at LW but Matt is a big ww. Also Matt is more active this year and him accepting this fight when everyone expected him to take the Fall off to hunt shows me he is fully commited to mma right now something I am not as sure about with BJ. I say this with all due respect to someone who picks mma at a way better clip than me.
I tend to agree that he hasnt looked good in the last couple years but the Almeida win made me open my eyes to him a little more. I might be a little to influenced by seeing BJ getting shredded for 10 rounds on his feet against Edgar. BJ has had size advantage at LW but Matt is a big ww. Also Matt is more active this year and him accepting this fight when everyone expected him to take the Fall off to hunt shows me he is fully commited to mma right now something I am not as sure about with BJ. I say this with all due respect to someone who picks mma at a way better clip than me.
I think your analysis is great. Picking fights is a lot like poker. Everyone looks like a genius when they're winning. Lately my picks have been pretty good. -Brock. I got that one all wrong.I've never been a Hughes fan. And right now I feel like he is way past his prime. Imo he has looked really ugly since he lost to GSP. And was insanely outclassed in that fight. Ironically, he seems to think he is really good right now. Hughes could easily take the fight out of ignorance. BJ could take it out of pride. If BJ trains and comes in decent shape, I really like him in this fight. But there is no right or wrong answer here.

Also there is a quick turnaround time for Bj considering he is moving up a division. I believe he came in at 167 for the GSP fight and had alot more time for that fight. Hughes will probally have close to 20lbs on him on fight night.

If BJ's way of bulking up for welterweight is similar to what he's done in the past, I think there is a chance that Hughes could win the fight. Out of all of the fights that BJ has had at 170 lbs., I think the only decent fight was the one where he broke GSPs nose. Even in that fight he gassed and ran out of energy. The good thing for BJ is that it's not a 5 round fight.

Finally watched last weeks TUF. I think Dana White needs to come up with a better way to pick the wild card. I thought that it was whoever had the best showing during the show and not his overall ability/presumed fighting ability. To pick Stevens for the wild card after he got choked out in 15 secs goes totally against what the wild card should be for IMO. Any of the other fighters deserved that fight over him. I'm really glad that he got beat down again and it was just icing on the cake that he choked out with a guillotine ... again!

I'm kind of surprised that Marquardt lost tonight, as I thought he was the better fighter. With that said, I'm more excited for Okami-Silva than I would've been for Marquardt-Silva. Aside from that, it was a rather boring night tonight. Can't wait to watch ufc123 though.

I'm really excited about UFC 123. Some amazing fights on the card.Here are my picks.MachidaPennSotiropoulos All three are favorites ranging from -160....-220.I really like these guys a lot in these fights. Obviously anything can happen. But if everyone showed up at 100% on both sides, I couldn't ask for better prices. Well, I could, but these look good to me.Good luck.

I didn't mind the Rampage decision. Thought he clearly took the 2nd and thought him being the aggressor in the 1st was the difference maker. I was pretty shocked by the BJ fight..not that he won but you just never seem to know which BJ is going to show up.

I didn't mind the Rampage decision. Thought he clearly took the 2nd and thought him being the aggressor in the 1st was the difference maker.
I was pretty convinced Machida won, moreso when Rampage raised his arm. I really thought Machida deserved the win.I thought the Penn fight was only surprising in length.

Yea that ME was a tough call. Machida waited a little too long to start countering aggresively. I would like to rewatch the first round again. not an entertaining fight regardless.Yea i was way off on Hughes. a strong wrestler can have success even deep in to his career but Hughes reaction time was/is way to slow now. I kinda forgot how good BJ is striking after seeing Edgar dominate that aspect against him for 2 fights.Lauzon shot his wad early and Sotiroupols weathered the storm and it was all his fight from about the 4 minutes of the first on. deffinatly getting close to a shot.Phil Davis will be a beast if his striking improves.Penn Fitch could be really really intresting.