**official Mma Thread**

I think he'll pull a Faber and try some crazy flying elbow and get caught in one fight. Otherwise, he's my new man crush. He's the shit. He said he wants a top 3 guy and Forrest will get destroyed. He's too slow and clunky of a fighter to compete with that speed and youth.And I guarantee that Dana will eventually have to drop the hammer on these guys saying they won't fight each other. The bigger these elite camps get, the closer the fighters become and the less match-ups that are available. I think in a couple of years its gonna come to a head and he's gonna tell them "fight or your cut" and I'll bet the new contracts may have some wording in them regarding this subject. Otherwise, he's just running a glorified version of the Team Fighting Leagues. ATT vs AKA. Whatever.
Yea Forrest would get killed, I was just speculating on whats available for Jones right now. This James tonney talk is laughable. I guess Couture/Jones could happen but I dont really want to see Randy get killed. I would much rather see AS/Jones than any other match up in MMA right now.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Quick thoughts on the card tomorrow - 1. Silva better fight or I'm gonna be pissed.2. Fitch being an underdog wants me to get money online fast. Anybody want to take bets on this? Or can anybody transfer money to a gambling site for stars cash? Like $100 or so. If somebody can do this, pm me.3. For some reason, I'm intrigued at the line between Nelson and Dos Santos. Nelson is paying +314 on pinnacle at the moment. I really think he's better than that and is worth a flier at those odds. I think he's a very underrated fighter.4. This card doesn't look too good. The top 2 fights could easily be horrible seeing as Fitch and Silva, and even Sonnen aren't the most exciting fighters.

Quick thoughts on the card tomorrow - 1. Silva better fight or I'm gonna be pissed.2. Fitch being an underdog wants me to get money online fast. Anybody want to take bets on this? Or can anybody transfer money to a gambling site for stars cash? Like $100 or so. If somebody can do this, pm me.3. For some reason, I'm intrigued at the line between Nelson and Dos Santos. Nelson is paying +314 on pinnacle at the moment. I really think he's better than that and is worth a flier at those odds. I think he's a very underrated fighter.4. This card doesn't look too good. The top 2 fights could easily be horrible seeing as Fitch and Silva, and even Sonnen aren't the most exciting fighters.
I think the AS fight is gonna be realy intresting. If Silva comes out with something to prove the fight could be awesome. If he comes out with contempt for the UFC and its fans it could be real ugly and maybe his last fight. The Fitch Alves fight might not be a pretty fight but it is 2 top level guys fighting for a title shot. The Nelson line is approaching a level where I would concider him but still think JDS wins by 1st round KO.
Do the betting lines change now that Alves missed weight?
Probally not by much since it was a small miss.All day i have had the urge to drop something big on AS but just cant pull the trigger with his irradic behaiour. Sonnen is a legit fighter for sure but a motivated AS probally can pick him apart and fast. Just staying with Almeida and Fitch and added a small bet on Saunders.

The build-up to the Silva/Sonnen fight reminds me a lot of the build-up to the GSP/Hardy fight. When the fight was first announced, nobody really gave the challenger a shot. Leading up to the fight, the challenger was hyped up a bunch and all of a sudden the prevailing opinion was, "He's going to be a really tough test. He's a real fighter and has a good chance to take the belt."...but then when the fight came, Hardy got dominated for 5 rounds. I think Sonnen will get dominated too, though Silva will end up finishing him.

The build-up to the Silva/Sonnen fight reminds me a lot of the build-up to the GSP/Hardy fight. When the fight was first announced, nobody really gave the challenger a shot. Leading up to the fight, the challenger was hyped up a bunch and all of a sudden the prevailing opinion was, "He's going to be a really tough test. He's a real fighter and has a good chance to take the belt."...but then when the fight came, Hardy got dominated for 5 rounds. I think Sonnen will get dominated too, though Silva will end up finishing him.
I never bought the hype on Hardy but he impressed the hell out of me hanging in there the way he did.

My picks for tonight.SilvaAlmeidaFitchGuidaObviously you have to factor in the odds.The problem with Sonnen is that he has no way to finish the fight. I think Sonnen has the ability to get it to the ground, apply pressure, etc. But he can't finish. Which is why I think that Silva is the smart play here. Obv Silva is insane in every aspect. I think he should do fine here. We'll see.

...but then when the fight came, Hardy got dominated for 5 rounds. I think Sonnen will get dominated too, though Silva will end up finishing him.
Soo, yeah.... :club: Pretty good card, though as good as he is Jon Fitch still bores me. Sonnen impressed the hell out of me and I have a ton of respect for him now.

Didnt watch the card unfortunately due to not being able to watch it till 90 minutes in so I passed. Read all the updates and tweets and it sounded like a hell of a ME. Chaell just about pulled it off but Silva can win the fight on his back and I dont think Chaell can win it on the feet(although I did see the highlite of Chaell staggering Silva in the first).Sounds like Fitch did his thing again and is an impressive as any non champion in the sport(record wise),Cant believe Hughes won. Maybe Hughes/Fitch??? Hughes isnt fighting till next year though but I see Fitch waiting a long time if his next fight is for the title.edit: looks like another good night for Steve. I think maybe I should just copy his picks from now on

LOL Chaell just doesnt stop. From the post fight confrenceChael: Fighting Anderson Silva is a lot like eating Chinese food. 20 mins after I do it, I'm going to want to do it again.

Wow, I hit a one outer there for sure.The Hughes fight was just weird. I would make the same play on Almeida in the future though. Not exactly sure what happened there. Kudos to Hughes.Guida did what I thought he would do.Fitch did what I thought he would do.I honestly thought Silva was throwing the fight. Horrible chin, zero takedown defense? Kudos to Sonnen for such an outstanding performance. I had the wrong side of that one for sure.Big Country was very impressive. Joe Rogan called it. If Country lost 40lbs, and got in condition, the guy would be a true beast.

Big Country was very impressive.
Because we saw he could take a beating? He spent 3 rounds getting hit in the face. I thought it was a fight that finally exposed Nelson as not being a title contender.

I just can't wrap my head around what happened. If Anderson lost, that'd be fine. But not like that. Until the sub, he looked, terrible. Awful. I wonder how bad he really was hurt. I know he couldn't train and his green card didn't let him back in brazil for his grandmothers funeral but... I just can't fathom what happened.

Because we saw he could take a beating? He spent 3 rounds getting hit in the face. I thought it was a fight that finally exposed Nelson as not being a title contender.
No. Because we saw that he has a lot of talent and a ton of heart. He stayed "in" the fight the whole time. And his strikes were doing more damage than Dos Santos at various points. Dos Santos is a beast and hit him with everything he had. His power has stopped just about everyone in the UFC. Nelson took his best shot and kept coming. Nelson failed because he lacks athleticism and stamina. He was unable to get the fight to the ground and he was tired. When was Nelson ever a title contendor? Were there fights when you said, Wow, this guy is going to beat Brock Lesnar or Carwin? I sure as hell haven't seen that fight. There was nothing to expose.
The problem with Sonnen is that he has no way to finish the fight. I think Sonnen has the ability to get it to the ground, apply pressure, etc. But he can't finish. Which is why I think that Silva is the smart play here.
Nostradamus.

Ontario to regulate MMA and the UFC books the Roger Centre(skydome) for March 2011. Probally gonna be a huge card for that venue.After last weeks ME I reconcider GSPs chance against Sliva. Wrestling is deffinatly a weakeness for Silva I just didnt know how big a weakness. I give GSP a 50/50 chance here with proper preperation time to add the extra weight.

Big Nog out of his fight against Frank Mir, Cro-Cop takes his place at UFC 119.Also interesting, Spike is gonna be carrying both UFC 120 (U.K.) and 122 (Germany) on tape delay.

Benevides always bored me and can't finish without a choke and Cruz, as much as I like him because he seems like a real swell dude, his stand up style irks me. I just want someone to catch him flush when he's bouncing in and out.I like Pettis, a lot

I had a bunch of classes in college with Chad Mendes. It was cool to watch him and see him win. His wrestling ability makes for good takedowns, but it is kind of boring watching him sit on top of a guy for a whole fight.

I think Tonney is the first American fighter they have had to use subtitles for the countdown show. Nothing spectacular jumps out at me so I am just gonna bet Florian. I think BJ wins via finish but dont see any value in that line.