**official Mma Thread**

Did anyone see that Fabricio Werdum beat Fedor Emelianenko. I don't know if we would have ever seen Fedor in the UFC but I think this loss might take some of Fedor's bargaining power away. http://www.mmalinker.com/videos/view/32191...Fabricio_Werdum
I dont want to register on any site with the UFC going hard after piracy. External links there still work without registering.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Not betting the fight now that Carwin is down to +120. I am betting Pelligrino
Staying away from the Pellegrino fight. I lve both of them and feel they are equally matched. Because Pellegrino is a dog, that is the smart move.

Who saw THAT coming? Carwin is no joke, I think you just cannot afford to have Lesnar get on top, it's just over then. And, you had to know Lesnar was looking for the shot first thing in the second, hell probably was looking for it first thing in the first but got smacked.

That Leben fight was worth every penny I spent...
Yea awesome fight. Total props to Leben. Wandy Leben would be a sick action fight for sure. The whole card was really good. Thought Lesnar was toast.

From Sherdog:25483Shane Carwin punished Brock Lesnar in the first round of their heavyweight title fight Saturday at UFC 116, but the onslaught may have also cost him the bout as he grew fatigued without finishing Lesnar.“The game plan last night was to be patient and let the fight come to you,” Carwin wrote Sunday on his blog at http://www.shane-carwin.com. “When I had him in trouble, the ref (kept) saying he was going to stop it and then towards the end of the (first round), my body began to seize up. In between rounds I could not move my legs and had what felt like a whole body cramp. My cardio was fine, but my body was not. What can you do? You have to stand up and face your opponent.”The second round was a much different story. Lesnar scored a takedown early, moved to mount briefly and then jumped to the side to submit Carwin with an arm-triangle choke at 2:19.“Heading into the second, I knew I (needed) to finish the fight or I was going to be in trouble,” Carwin wrote. “Much like the champion he is, I am sure Brock was thinking the same thing. I had zero takedown defense, as my legs were dead to me and the rest is, as they say, history.”The loss was Carwin’s first in 13 professional fights. He said on his blog that losing is what happens on the way to winning and promised to be back better than ever.“Brock was a good guy through this entire fight,” Carwin wrote. “He did not talk a bunch of smack and he fought like a warrior. He did what he needed to do to keep his belt, and that is what being a champion is all about. I am going to have to claw my way back to the top, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I know I belong with the very best; all I need to do is prove it again.”

After kinda taking the last couple cards off except for Pellegrino(fail) I am probally betting 117 pretty good. Betting Almeida heavy at -180 and Fitch medium at +110. Also concidering Dos Santos if the line drops a bit and Sonnen if he goes a bit higher. Thoughts?

After kinda taking the last couple cards off except for Pellegrino(fail) I am probally betting 117 pretty good. Betting Almeida heavy at -180 and Fitch medium at +110. Also concidering Dos Santos if the line drops a bit and Sonnen if he goes a bit higher. Thoughts?
Almeida is the only bet I've made. I've ridden him in the UFC for quite a while. The Fitch/Alves line seems about right. Nelson has the way to win, although everyone toutes JDS's ground game, so I'm staying away. Sonnen has a way to win but Anderson doesn't like the criticism. After the Leites fight he came right out against Forrest and did what he did, I think he will try to do the same. Let's not forget how weak Sonnen's sub defense is. Surviving five rounds on the ground would be very tough. Surviving a few minutes on the feet will be hard. Like AS.Bisping/Akiyama will headline UFC 120 on Spike. Sigh... Akiyama is fun but doesn't have much technique and should be 0-2 in the UFC. I just hope they don't hype Bisping as a real contender if he wins this fight.Just curious, what do you guys want to see with Fedor's next fight? Werdum, Big Foot, or Overeem?
Almeida is the only bet I've made. I've ridden him in the UFC for quite a while. The Fitch/Alves line seems about right. Nelson has the way to win, although everyone toutes JDS's ground game, so I'm staying away. Sonnen has a way to win but Anderson doesn't like the criticism. After the Leites fight he came right out against Forrest and did what he did, I think he will try to do the same. Let's not forget how weak Sonnen's sub defense is. Surviving five rounds on the ground would be very tough. Surviving a few minutes on the feet will be hard. Like AS.Bisping/Akiyama will headline UFC 120 on Spike. Sigh... Akiyama is fun but doesn't have much technique and should be 0-2 in the UFC. I just hope they don't hype Bisping as a real contender if he wins this fight.Just curious, what do you guys want to see with Fedor's next fight? Werdum, Big Foot, or Overeem?
Should be Werdum but sounds like Overeem. Nelson scares me with the approach he has had in his last 2 fights to just go in there and slug it out.
Should be Werdum but sounds like Overeem. Nelson scares me with the approach he has had in his last 2 fights to just go in there and slug it out.
Good point with his last fights. He will be doomed if he thinks he can get away with it here.

Heard Big John is gonna be reffing again in the UFC starting at the next Versus event. Good news maybe now Mazz and Lavigne can go away. There are some good refs with John, Herb, Mario and Josh Rosenthal I dont see why they need anymore than that.

Just curious, what do you guys want to see with Fedor's next fight? Werdum, Big Foot, or Overeem?
Read today where Coker is hinting at Fedor/Overeem in a NON title fight. My bet is he is going to DREAM after his last Strikeforce fight. DREAM can do some damage to the UFC's roster with the 200 million cash infusion they got this week too.
  • 2 weeks later...
When Bones got him in the crucifix he turned on the killer switch. How about the shoot/trip takedown? That was awesome.I am admittedly biased
He is crazy talented. With the ground work he has shown in his last few fights combined with his unreal striking he looks unstoppable. He needs to fight a top 5 guy next. With injuries and already scheduled fights I think that leaves Forrest. He has stated he wont fight Rashad.
He is crazy talented. With the ground work he has shown in his last few fights combined with his unreal striking he looks unstoppable. He needs to fight a top 5 guy next. With injuries and already scheduled fights I think that leaves Forrest. He has stated he wont fight Rashad.
I think he'll pull a Faber and try some crazy flying elbow and get caught in one fight. Otherwise, he's my new man crush. He's the shit. He said he wants a top 3 guy and Forrest will get destroyed. He's too slow and clunky of a fighter to compete with that speed and youth.And I guarantee that Dana will eventually have to drop the hammer on these guys saying they won't fight each other. The bigger these elite camps get, the closer the fighters become and the less match-ups that are available. I think in a couple of years its gonna come to a head and he's gonna tell them "fight or your cut" and I'll bet the new contracts may have some wording in them regarding this subject. Otherwise, he's just running a glorified version of the Team Fighting Leagues. ATT vs AKA. Whatever.