**official Mma Thread**

As irrelevant as Chuck is these days, I saw a pic of him yesterday (at least a day or two before weigh ins AFAIK) and he looked shredded! I don't know what happened to the customary kegpack he usually rocks, but wow. Apparently no partying for 9 months. Maybe he's serious. As for Carwin/Lesnar...Lesnar has an edge in speed and wrestling, but not as significant as one might think. Carwin is a very accomplished wrestler. His striking is >>> over Lesnar IMO. I think we might see deja vu of Mir/Carwin. Or so I hope. Carwin by KO in R1 IMO.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Randy was able to Greco/dirtybox Lesnar for almost 2 rounds before getting caught. Carwin while not as powerful a man as Lesnar(not talking about punching power) is as close to a match as we have seen against Lesnar. Seriously doubt Lesnar can rag doll him. Ive decided my number is +175 and I am willing to wait till last minute to get it and if I get no action oh well gonna be a very intriguing fight regardless. If Lesnar loses I wouldnt be suprised if he abandons the sport so the stakes are pretty high.

Randy was able to Greco/dirtybox Lesnar for almost 2 rounds before getting caught. Carwin while not as powerful a man as Lesnar(not talking about punching power) is as close to a match as we have seen against Lesnar. Seriously doubt Lesnar can rag doll him. Ive decided my number is +175 and I am willing to wait till last minute to get it and if I get no action oh well gonna be a very intriguing fight regardless. If Lesnar loses I wouldnt be suprised if he abandons the sport so the stakes are pretty high.
How do we know Carwin isn't as strong as Lesnar?

Lets discuss. UFC Mixed Martial Arts - Sat 6/12 Match Spread Money Line Total Rounds More Sat 6/12 2201 Chuck Liddell +109 09:00 PM 2202 Rich Franklin -120 Sat 6/12 2203 Mirko Filipovic +15508:30 PM 2204 Pat Barry -172 Sat 6/12 2205 Mac Danzig -128 06:00 PM 2206 Matt Wiman +116Sat 6/12 2207 Paulo Thiago -189 08:00 PM 2208 Martin Kampmann +170 Sat 6/12 2209 Ben Rothwell -160 07:30 PM 2210 Gilbert Yvel +144 Sat 6/12 2211 Rory MacDonald -156 07:00 PM 2212 Carlos Condit +141 Sat 6/12 2213 Evan Dunham +171 06:20 PM 2214 Tyson Griffin -190 Sat 6/12 2215 David Loiseau +201 05:10 PM 2216 Mario Miranda -225 Sat 6/12 2216 Peter Sobotta +281 04:35 PM 2217 James Wilks -320 Sat 6/12 2218 Ricardo Funch +231 04:15 PM 2219 Claude Patrick -260 Sat 6/12 2220 Mike Pyle +109 04:00 PM 2221 Jesse Lennox -120

Lets discuss. UFC Mixed Martial Arts - Sat 6/12 Match Spread Money Line Total Rounds More Sat 6/12 2201 Chuck Liddell +109 09:00 PM 2202 Rich Franklin -120 Sat 6/12 2203 Mirko Filipovic +15508:30 PM 2204 Pat Barry -172 Sat 6/12 2205 Mac Danzig -128 06:00 PM 2206 Matt Wiman +116Sat 6/12 2207 Paulo Thiago -189 08:00 PM 2208 Martin Kampmann +170 Sat 6/12 2209 Ben Rothwell -160 07:30 PM 2210 Gilbert Yvel +144 Sat 6/12 2211 Rory MacDonald -156 07:00 PM 2212 Carlos Condit +141 Sat 6/12 2213 Evan Dunham +171 06:20 PM 2214 Tyson Griffin -190 Sat 6/12 2215 David Loiseau +201 05:10 PM 2216 Mario Miranda -225 Sat 6/12 2216 Peter Sobotta +281 04:35 PM 2217 James Wilks -320 Sat 6/12 2218 Ricardo Funch +231 04:15 PM 2219 Claude Patrick -260 Sat 6/12 2220 Mike Pyle +109 04:00 PM 2221 Jesse Lennox -120
I have been real busy at work and have not given this card any attention. What really jumps out at me is Condit who is a very accomplished fighter being a medium size dog. Gonna be cheering for the BC boy Mcdonald but Condit is very legit.

Brock's layoff has to be discussed big time. When guys like Randy do it, I don't worry as much, he's been there. Brock hasn't, inexperience and his lack of activity combined with an illness we really know next to nothing about I think makes Carwin +158 a good bet.Tonight, I'm on Kampmann +210 and Barry EVEN.

The first boxing PPV I bought was Oscar De La Hoya's final fight. This is the first and likely last Chuck Liddell fight I watched live.I noticed Franklin glanced briefly at his left arm early in the round, had no idea that he broke it. That was unbelievable.Great call on the Kampmann pick, jdrury.

Intersting card. I forgot to post my picks, so I will do it post fight......just for the hell of it.LiddellWimanYvellKampmanDunhamCro CopI thought that Liddell was the lock, and I would be freerolling with the other guys. Shows you what I know...

I always know Chuck is a gamer. I didn't think this was a good fight for him. Tito matches up with him a lot better than Franklin.Didn't get to see any of the fights. Aweseome job to Franklin for sticking tha fight out while getting his arm broke. badass job

one of my favorite UFC nights ever, such great fights all around. I didnt think Franklin had a chance, what a player! Now I just can't wait for Lesnar to get his ass whipped in 3 weeks

I always know Chuck is a gamer. I didn't think this was a good fight for him. Tito matches up with him a lot better than Franklin.Didn't get to see any of the fights. Aweseome job to Franklin for sticking tha fight out while getting his arm broke. badass job
Agreed, everyone thought that if Tito was fighting Chuck, it would've been an easy W for Liddell.

So I am guessing that Jardine is probally done with the UFC. Simpson played right into what Leben need to win. I was a Leben fan after warming up to him after initially hating him from TUF, but am pretty much done with him after the steroids and not showing up in Portland. Dont know much about the winner as i only saw a few episodes this year. I was turned off from the start knowing the payoff was Lidell/Ortiz(or not)

My post picks.I had.....McgeeJardineFisherAttonitoI was really happy with my picks. Jardine was the only dog, and I feel like he easily could have won that fight. I also feel like Fisher won, but it was super close.Yager has no chin, and he has a lot of quit in him.Mcgee will be a really good fighter in years to come. I'm excited to see his progress. I hope he starts training with a really good camp.

How does Varner not win that fight? lol
That was stunning. Can't believe the Ref didn't deduct another point for the third kick in the Stones - he'd already been warned and docked a point. Did one of those Judges REALLY see Shalorus winning all three Rounds? And one also must have had him win 2 out of 3 for the draw. Just wow. I thought Varner won at least 2, if not all 3, Rounds.

I was at a Fathers Day bbq and got home right when Shalorus was getting docked for the low blow in the second. From then on Shalorous won the rest of the fight from what I saw. So if Varner won the first it would have been 28-28 in my eyes. Varner looked to be holding on in the third. i didnt see the second round leading up to the deduction which came about half way through. Not getting docked again in the third is another issue. I think it should be universal and not up to the refs descretion that you get 1 warning then from then on its a dedeuction every time or an eventual dq. One thing I dont like about mma officiating is the inconsistant point deductions, another example is Jardine getting a point off right away in the second round on Saturday.