**official Mma Thread**

I am leaning towards Rashad. Rampage has had very few fights over last few years and Rashad is in his prime.
The commericals for Rampage vs Evans are the best promo yet for the UFC.This is a difficult fight for me to call. I like Evans going the distance. If Evans is smart he wins this fight fairly easily.
I agree, I think as long as Rashad fights a smart fight he wins. Rampage has a better jaw and more power in his hands and I don't think Rashad can KO him or take him down. The problem is, Rampage doesn't have the same quality of camp behind him that Rashad does. I think Rashad and his team will come in with a strategy to defeat Rampage and Rampage will just come out throwing bombs with bad intentions.
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

I agree, I think as long as Rashad fights a smart fight he wins. Rampage has a better jaw and more power in his hands and I don't think Rashad can KO him or take him down. The problem is, Rampage doesn't have the same quality of camp behind him that Rashad does. I think Rashad and his team will come in with a strategy to defeat Rampage and Rampage will just come out throwing bombs with bad intentions.
Yea and Rashad is probally the hungrier fighter at this point. Agree on the camps too, Rashad trains with Marquart, GSP and all the studs at camp Jackson while Page trains with Bisbing and Kongo.

Has anybody read about this guy? You might know him from ESPN's strongman competitions. He is a beast.The worlds strongest man Mariusz Pudzianowski’s next mixed martial arts fight may take place at KSW 13, against Robert Paczków in late May.Robert Paczków confirmed he was in talks to face the 6′1″, 300 lb. behemoth on the official KSW website, but FiveouncesofPain.com’s Corey Brady got the scoop on the find. Pudzianowski’s debut was filled with some of the most dangerous leg kicks ever seen in a MMA bout, as the strong man competition champion chased his opponent around the cage throwing what could be described as Horse kicks. Before the fight Mariusz said "The left hand brings death, but the right one even I am afraid of." While this fight is not official we will keep you posted as new information comes our way on the very popular Pudzianoswki.He is scheduled to fight Tim Sylvia tomorrow in something called "Moosin: God of Martial Arts". Fight is taking place in Worcester, Massachusetts.Edit: Here is his MMA debut. Actually I think it's both fighters MMA debut. Pretty comical, he has a long way to go regarding technique.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm6oh4wqTKg

it seems like every body wants a piece of MMA these days. James Toney, Herchel Walker, Mayorga, now this guy. I got no problem with these guys coming into the sport, but it becomes more of a sideshow then a legit competitor. i guess if people are willing to pay to watch it cool, but a big stink gets made aobut these guys coming in and they havent really proven much in this sport. TBH I think they would do much better in Japan where they are brought in a given this huge spolight and the fans eat it up over there. Here they just waste of time til they decide the fun is over in the sport.I guess its all about making a few bucks for everyone.But maybe I am way off, I mean look at Lesnar most people thought he was a sideshow and look what hes done.

it seems like every body wants a piece of MMA these days. James Toney, Herchel Walker, Mayorga, now this guy. I got no problem with these guys coming into the sport, but it becomes more of a sideshow then a legit competitor. i guess if people are willing to pay to watch it cool, but a big stink gets made aobut these guys coming in and they havent really proven much in this sport. TBH I think they would do much better in Japan where they are brought in a given this huge spolight and the fans eat it up over there. Here they just waste of time til they decide the fun is over in the sport.I guess its all about making a few bucks for everyone.But maybe I am way off, I mean look at Lesnar most people thought he was a sideshow and look what hes done.
I youtube'd the Sylvia fight from Friday. Mariusz has a very long way to go if he's at all serious about MMA. I don't remeber him throwing one punch. All he did was try to throw Sylvia to the ground. Unfortunately he didn't know what to do once he got him there. He ended up gassing and tapped due to strikes.
Yea and Rashad is probally the hungrier fighter at this point. Agree on the camps too, Rashad trains with Marquart, GSP and all the studs at camp Jackson while Page trains with Bisbing and Kongo.
I got Rashad at even money against a buddy, so I hope he does what he needs to do and doesn't try to brawl with Rampage.

Who knows what will happen. I still think Rashad is overrated by the general MMA crowd, and Rampage has outwrestled Dan Henderson... however Rampage has been away for a long time and who knows how serious he is right now... we'll see.

Would love to see Rampage win but who knows where his head is at. I dont think it will be a wrestling match and I dont think it will go deep. Probally not gonna bet it.

I just watched the press conference with Rampage vs Rashad.This is getting to be more difficult for me to call. I was joking with a friend of mine that if Rampage doesn't literally kill Evans, then I like Evans to win going the distance. Rampage looks really focused. I saw more confidence in Rashad during the Ultimate Fighter than I do now. I think this is a good fight just to watch. I can't come to a clear decision yet. On paper, I think Evans wins. But my gut tells that Rampage gets the ko or tko.

I just watched the press conference with Rampage vs Rashad.This is getting to be more difficult for me to call. I was joking with a friend of mine that if Rampage doesn't literally kill Evans, then I like Evans to win going the distance. Rampage looks really focused. I saw more confidence in Rashad during the Ultimate Fighter than I do now. I think this is a good fight just to watch. I can't come to a clear decision yet. On paper, I think Evans wins. But my gut tells that Rampage gets the ko or tko.
Tottally agree with everything. Awesome main event on a bland card but getting it for sure for this fight.
My picks for the event tomorrow.EvansSadollaSanchezMillerDuffeeAll of these are quick picks except for Evans. If Evans fights a smart fight, I like him to win.
I agree with those except Miller. I think Bisping will take that fight. Miller has improved almost every fight but I think Bisping...maybe its just a hunch then, I like Bisping for that fight.
I agree with those except Miller. I think Bisping will take that fight. Miller has improved almost every fight but I think Bisping...maybe its just a hunch then, I like Bisping for that fight.
I don't love either one of them in this fight. Bisping is overrated imo. He's just not that good at anything in particular. He is the favorite in this fight, which obviously played into my decision. Apparently Miller's daughter recently died and his son is in the hospital. I think that has effected his last couple of fights. And could certainly play into this one. If Miller takes this fight to the ground he could grind out a decision. We'll see.

I think Bisping is good enough to keep it standing and can just win with boxing. If Maia can outbox Miller, Bisping can. I don't think Miller can take Bisping down, but he is an awesome story that would be awesome to see him win this one.Also, Amir is in tough. DHK is still undefeated technically as the Karo decision was over turned, and I though he won the Karo fight. Amir did just outstrike Blackburn which was surprising, but we'll see what happens. Bottom line here is thank you to the UFC for the extra two fights tonight, this prelim stuff is awesome.

Intersting card.I thought that Evans did exactly what I thought he would.Now we can go to the quick picks.This was a silly mistake on my part. I got Kim confused with Yoshida. Having said that. Amir had an insanely poor gameplan. If you know you are fighting a grappler, you need to just focus on punches, takedown defense, and only throw leg kicks.Diego looked horrible. And I think he is training with a really bad camp. He looks worse now than he did, well just about ever. In all fairness, he was outclassed in a lot of areas, strength, size, striking, etc. But he needs to get back with Jackson or drop weight if he wants a future in this sport.Duffee. Seriously?I thought that Miller had a horrible gameplan as well. He should have tried to tie Bisping up against the cage. The last fight I want to mention is the Brillz fight. For the life of me, I can't see how Nogeira won that one. Imo, that was just as big of an upset as Duffee getting Ko'd. What I truly loved, was seeing how classy Brillz was in his interview. I hope that all UFC fighters can learn from that.....Anyway, I thought the card was okay. Nothing spectacular.

Duffee. Seriously?
That was awesome. SCORE ONE FOR THE FAT GUYS!!The love tap he gave Duffee on the ground had everyone I was watching with rolling

Decent fights. Thought Brillz won that one. Lil Nog looked really bad and looked spent early in the second on. The Duffy/Russow fight was pretty lol. That Russow can take a shot for sure. With those huge legs of Duffy he really should be leg kicking more. The ME was pretty boring actually. Page should have finished him there in the third but whiffed on like four big shots that probally would have ended it. Should throw Page in there ASAP again to get him back on track as a MMA fighter. Lil Nog, Forrest rematch or ending Tito's career are fights that come to mind.

Decent fights. Thought Brillz won that one. Lil Nog looked really bad and looked spent early in the second on. The Duffy/Russow fight was pretty lol. That Russow can take a shot for sure. With those huge legs of Duffy he really should be leg kicking more. The ME was pretty boring actually. Page should have finished him there in the third but whiffed on like four big shots that probally would have ended it. Should throw Page in there ASAP again to get him back on track as a MMA fighter. Lil Nog, Forrest rematch or ending Tito's career are fights that come to mind.
No way he fights Tito, they were boys forever. Lyoto is an interesting fight.
Intersting card.I thought that Evans did exactly what I thought he would.Now we can go to the quick picks.This was a silly mistake on my part. I got Kim confused with Yoshida. Having said that. Amir had an insanely poor gameplan. If you know you are fighting a grappler, you need to just focus on punches, takedown defense, and only throw leg kicks.Diego looked horrible. And I think he is training with a really bad camp. He looks worse now than he did, well just about ever. In all fairness, he was outclassed in a lot of areas, strength, size, striking, etc. But he needs to get back with Jackson or drop weight if he wants a future in this sport.Duffee. Seriously?I thought that Miller had a horrible gameplan as well. He should have tried to tie Bisping up against the cage. The last fight I want to mention is the Brillz fight. For the life of me, I can't see how Nogeira won that one. Imo, that was just as big of an upset as Duffee getting Ko'd. What I truly loved, was seeing how classy Brillz was in his interview. I hope that all UFC fighters can learn from that.....Anyway, I thought the card was okay. Nothing spectacular.
Main event was a little bit disappointing to me. I wish it could have been 5 rounds just for the heck of it. I would have liked to see them go at it longer. Evans did what he needed to do to back up all his shit talking.I honestly couldn't believe that was Diego fighting. Looked like a completely different fighter. Needs to quit whatever it is he is doing right now.lol Russow, I think he threw about 6 punches in all rounds combined before landing the ko. One of the most pathetic fights I've ever watched turned great ending. I can't believe that happened, you could tell he was even like wow wtf did I just do.Brillz deserved that win and I give him props for taking the fight against someone like Nog on such short notice. I couldn't believe he only had 4 weeks to prepare. He impressed me with his submission attempts even though he wasn't able to finish it. Still scratching my head trying to figure out how the judges think Nog won that.I think Miller was just outmatched by Bisping. He needed to take the fight to the mat and Bisping just didn't allow that to happen. I think Miller just didn't know what else to do.Enjoyable enough I suppose, but for as excited as I was for last night's fights, it was pretty disappointing.

I thought Diego would be super hungry after losing his title fight. After the first round I just said, wow, he is not winning this.Evans had an awesome camp and was great all fight. He had that annoying Roy Jones Jr. kinda boxing arm taunt and I thought Rampage would just knock some teeth out at some point in the fight.

I thought Diego would be super hungry after losing his title fight. After the first round I just said, wow, he is not winning this.Evans had an awesome camp and was great all fight. He had that annoying Roy Jones Jr. kinda boxing arm taunt and I thought Rampage would just knock some teeth out at some point in the fight.
That's what I was hoping for. Would have been interesting if it was a 5 round fight although I think the outcome would have most likely been the same. Rampage almost had him once when he knocked Evans down so ya never know.
Carwin vs. Lesnar next month. Getting a bit ahead of myself but what do you guys think about this fight? Carwin is +158 right now.
I am always leary of guys who havent been out of the first round but Carwin has a more than decent shot here imo. With his wrestling background he has a good chance to keep it stnding. The line is probally pretty close to where I would take a shot on Carwin. who knows where Brock is at coming back from the dead and all.
I am always leary of guys who havent been out of the first round but Carwin has a more than decent shot here imo. With his wrestling background he has a good chance to keep it stnding. The line is probally pretty close to where I would take a shot on Carwin. who knows where Brock is at coming back from the dead and all.
I'm a huge fan of both guys, follow both closely but prob more of a fan of Lesnar than Carwin. That being said, I think Carwin is taking this. Carwin's punching power is just so crazy. He doesnt even look like he's hitting that hard but then you're KO'd. And I think he's big enough, and a good enough wrestler to at least compete with Lesnar if it goes to the ground. We've never seen Brock take a punch, we've seen Carwin rocked by Gonzaga then recover for the KO. At any rate, I cant fucking wait for this fight lol