**official Mma Thread**

Dana White didn't even put the belt around Silva when decision was read. Apparently, he also threw the belt on the floor too after Round 4 and walked out. If you thought he was embarrassed after the Leites fight, this is gonna be worse.Scores for Silva/Maia were 50-45, 50-45, and 49-46.From Ariel Helwani's twitter a quick summary of Dana at presser, and confirmed that he did leave the fight: To end it the way that we did was an embarrasment for me, the ufc, the fertittas. I will, I dont know how yet, but I will make this up to the fans.iF YOU'RE that talented, be mike tyson. go in there and finishI'm so blown away and disgusted and saddened.I don't want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim. I don't want to see that sh*t WOW, HE IS PISSED.this one took the cake - when asked if this was more embarrassing than 97

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There goes about 3/4 of a years worth of winnings.

Seats - There are no good seats (unless you are ringside). We had floor seats 11 rows from the ring... pretty close and I paid quite a bit. I couldn't see shit. You can't see over other people's heads

The internet is an environment. Environments attract compatible creatures.   'Comment sections' of anything (Youtube being the best example, where the absolute lowest form of internet vermin are ap

Posted Images

Dana White didn't even put the belt around Silva when decision was read. Apparently, he also threw the belt on the floor too after Round 4 and walked out. If you thought he was embarrassed after the Leites fight, this is gonna be worse.
Dana is a bold guy, should be interesting to see what comes of it all

Havent seen the fights yet but it sounds like AS pissed off everyone today. His attitude is exactly why I thought a guy like Maia had a shot at catching him napping. Props to Steve for picking Edgar which in my mind is one of the biggest upsets ever. I couldnt see Edgar winning this at all. Did BJ gas or something?Dana White has apparently already twittered that a AS/GSP fight is off and that AS might be fighting on the prelims his next fight out. I would say force a Machida/AS fight but i would be frightened as to what AS would do there.

Penn was slow down in last two rounds of the fight. For some reason, and this all could be nothing, but his body language heading to the cage before the fight started looked different from when he fought Florian and Sanchez. His facial expressions weren't showing determination as he was heading in, but again, maybe it was nothing. I had it 48-47 Penn. Dana says that Edgar could fight Gray Maynard next.

Yeah, the ME was a disgrace. I was in a bar and the volume wasn't too loud, but I would love to hear if the commentators even tried to spin it or did they call it like it was, a stinkfest. If Silva could finish, attack and finish. Why does everyone have to engage with him? Looks like he coulda finished in the first three rounds, Maia looked ok in the 4th and even traded with him.I didn't watch the Penn fight close enough to try and score it, but BJ didn't do that much, wasn't super active. If his BJJ is that great, why doesn't he ever take guys down and submit them. It seems he always knocks them down, then takes their backs. Oh well, glad I didn't pay for that garbage. And the Hughes fight, wtf? Renzo asking for a hand up in the 3rd after going down to a leg kick? Hughes was gassed too but thankfully he found the energy to finish.Can't believe Munoz won. He looked done in the first.

Yeah, the ME was a disgrace. I was in a bar and the volume wasn't too loud, but I would love to hear if the commentators even tried to spin it or did they call it like it was, a stinkfest. If Silva could finish, attack and finish. Why does everyone have to engage with him? Looks like he coulda finished in the first three rounds, Maia looked ok in the 4th and even traded with him.
They were honest. Talking about how he was slowing down, proved his point and needed to end it etc. Rogan said something like 'It kind of looks like he got tired of beating him up'.

id like to know how in hell did a judge in the bj fight call it a 5 round win for his opponent ? some good opium im assumingsilva is unhuman thee best around just wish he would try to finish off his opponents especially after outclassing most of them

This was one of the worst cards in UFC history.Munoz and Grove was a good fight. Imo, it just came down to heart. They both had clear ways to win the fight. But Munoz dug deep and pulled through.Etim and Dos Anjos was ok. Those types of fights are scary and unpredictable imo.Renzo and Hughes both need to retire.Penn vs Edgar was not a great fight. Penn looked a bit tired and withdrawn to start. I think he loses focus and desire from time to time. The big clue for me was the pre fight. He trained in Hilo, not in California (where his strength and conditioning coach is.) Because of that, I had a feeling that he didn't push himself to get into peak shape for this fight. As for Edgar, he fought great. He did the very best he could do. And in the judges eyes that was enough. He stayed busy and landed a ton of shots. I don't remember BJ brusing very much if at all in the past. So Edgar must have some power there. Styles make fights. And because of that, Maynard, Florian, etc.........will now have a chance to win the belt.The Silva fight was just ugly. As a fan of the UFC, I couldn't be more sad, dissappointed and frustrated. Obviously there is another side of me that is relieved. But shame on Silva for doing this to fans again.In all fairness, I didn't do anything special in regard to the Edgar fight. At first I was really proud of myself. But in truth, I just looked at strengths and weaknesses. As well as the price, and Edgar seemed to make sense.As a sidenote. I think that you can learn a lot about fighters in the pre-fight and post-fight conferences. This also can make things easier when looking at strategies, strengths and weaknesses.I hope we never see another card like this one again.

The big clue for me was the pre fight. He trained in Hilo, not in California (where his strength and conditioning coach is.) Because of that, I had a feeling that he didn't push himself to get into peak shape for this fight.
Soooooo true. The minute I heard that, I was wondering if BJ figured he and his lackeys would try to implement the Marv Marinovich stuff they'd learned from the last two fights and thought it was a bad idea.

Steve, good call on the Edgar/BJ fight. I don't remember Edgar being that active, but honestly even if I had I still would have thought BJ would have the advantage. If he was losing the fight on the feet I figured he would have taken it to the ground. I think Edgar fought a flawless fight. I also think BJ won that fight. It was close, but I would have had it 48-47 with BJ taking rounds 1-3. The momentum definitely turned in the 3rd though.Anderson Silva was afraid to get knocked out. I thought Maia was hurting him with those shots and Anderson was scared. He confirmed it with his post fight interview. I hope they give him Sonnen before they give him someone like GSP. As much as I hate GSP's style of fighting I don't think Silva deserves a shot against him. Plus, I think Sonnen might give him a little something something from on top.Very impressed with Munoz. Perfect example of what you need as a fighter when you don't have the natural talent of some of the bigger names. He has some punishing GNP. Team Dagger drops another one.

Renzo and Hughes both need to retire.
Hughes has 3 fights left on his contract.He'll never be a title fighter again. He'll finish up these 3 and probably be done. His last fights will be showfights like this last one.

the penn vs edgar fight was close and the way the judges have been latley i figured they would have given it to penn just becasue edgar didnt do that much to really convince them he won but i also think penn was out of shape, just like steve said he trained in hawaii instead of california and it looked like he had no desire to win with the way he moved around the cage and also with not listening to his corner when they told him to take edgar down in the third.the silva vs maia was complete garbage, the first two and a half rounds i didnt mind cause he was taunting and attacking but the last half was just disgraceful and stupid, on a side note man maias eye looked horrible and now i know if i ever break my nose not to blow out of it.

Wow, that's a horrible card. It reads like a list of guys who are nearing the end of there contracts.
Yea very dissapointing. I live 3.5 hours away from Vancouver and was gonna go but had to buy a new vehicle unexpectedly and have chosen to take a pass on going. If it was a respectable card I would make it happen for sure. Crocop/Barry as co main event on an already weak main event is so terrible. Thats the kind of co main event you put on a cant miss superfight not 2 guys who will never have a sniff at the championship again. Kind of weird how Crocop never fights in the US. 3 ppv cards and the TUF finnale within 5 weeks really waters everything down.
Yea very dissapointing. I live 3.5 hours away from Vancouver and was gonna go but had to buy a new vehicle unexpectedly and have chosen to take a pass on going. If it was a respectable card I would make it happen for sure. Crocop/Barry as co main event on an already weak main event is so terrible. Thats the kind of co main event you put on a cant miss superfight not 2 guys who will never have a sniff at the championship again. Kind of weird how Crocop never fights in the US. 3 ppv cards and the TUF finnale within 5 weeks really waters everything down.
OMG tickets are actually more expensive than the Montreal 113 card which is like 10 times better.

For those talking about UFC 115, comain should end up being Fitch vs. Alves, which is an awesome fight. It didn't get announced because they are finishing up the clincal issues with Alves and you know, his damaged brain.But past that I do like Thiago/Kampmann and Griffin vs. Dunham should be a real good fight. Yvel vs. Rothwell means nothing but should be fun to watch. I could really, really go without ever seeing CroCop or Chuck fight again, though.

Dana White told Jim Rome about hour and half ago that Silva will fight Chael Sonnen next. If his performance is like his previous defenses, he'll be cut.Expect plenty of good speeches from Sonnen when this fight approaches.

Heard BJ Penn on the radio today say that him and Edgar are going to have a rematch sometime in August. He also said he definitely wants another shot at GSP.

What happened to Vitor Belfort? I didn't think he was going to be out that long. As much as I want to see Sonnen take Silva down I would really like to see Belfort KHTFO.
First I heard was he couldn't train until September, but he posted on like twitter or something he was raining in six weeks. Sonnen said that they want it July 3 but Anderson could delay it to August 7 in Utah. Hopefully it happens soon. If you don't think shit talking is a massive, massive part of this sport, look at Sonnen. Sonnen is Yushin Okami but talking shit. Okami was relegated on the undercards until he lost, while Sonnen is getting pushed to the moon.I wonder what Dan Henderson is thinking. He left the UFC because he couldn't fight Anderson, and then Maia gets it with only one win, now Sonnen.